Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ND 83 UC 65

Featured Replies

I know you are drinking the Kool-Aid, but I just don't see this team making the field of 64. They have to many lapses during games, and just seem to disappear. Cronin's seat is definitely getting warmer with every game. If he goes NIT this season and next, he is gone. I just don't think he will get UC over the hump and make them a contender for a Big East Championship.

 

What is their average home attendance this season?

I am not drinking the "Kool-Aid" at all. They have been far from perfect, but they are still in position for a tournament spot, and have the schedule ahead to make it happen. If it doesn't, it will still be one more year of PROGRESS from starting over. You can think whatever you want, and you might be right. That doesn't change the fact Mick isn't getting fired this year or next.

 

Sports fans in Cincinnati are fair weather outside of supporting the biggest joke of a franchise in the NFL? Tell me something I don't know...

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gametime, what has mick done? Which player that he recruited has developed and gotten better? Which one gives 110% effort all the time?

 

I've heard you and others say "mick can't make the shots for them" "mick can't pass for them" "mick can't defend for them". No, but mick can teach. Mick can recruit better. Mick is the leader. Just like the St. Johns game. You can say that wasn't micks fault at the end. But I disagree. A coach's job is to have his team prepared. You blind if you mick is a good coach for the Big East. He can get by with a mid major squad and get them better. But he's not a good coach. Time for your to open your eyes.

I am not drinking the "Kool-Aid" at all. They have been far from perfect, but they are still in position for a tournament spot, and have the schedule ahead to make it happen. If it doesn't, it will still be one more year of PROGRESS from starting over. You can think whatever you want, and you might be right. That doesn't change the fact Mick isn't getting fired this year or next.

 

Sports fans in Cincinnati are fair weather outside of supporting the biggest joke of a franchise in the NFL? Tell me something I don't know...

 

GT, I am not bashing your team at all, please understand that. I just don't think Cronin is the best long term solution for this program. I know you are an ardent supporter of his, but I think his stay will be short if they want to win. IMHO, if he stays, I think the program suffers. You really believe they would keep him with two straight NIT's? If so, why?

GT, I am not bashing your team at all, please understand that. I just don't think Cronin is the best long term solution for this program. I know you are an ardent supporter of his, but I think his stay will be short if they want to win. IMHO, if he stays, I think the program suffers. You really believe they would keep him with two straight NIT's? If so, why?

 

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

 

You and I are in the same boat. He's no a good fit.

 

But I don't see him getting fired this year. UC won't have the guts to do it. So Gametime will get his wish....more years for a bad coach.

Gametime, what has mick done? Which player that he recruited has developed and gotten better? Which one gives 110% effort all the time?

 

I've heard you and others say "mick can't make the shots for them" "mick can't pass for them" "mick can't defend for them". No, but mick can teach. Mick can recruit better. Mick is the leader. Just like the St. Johns game. You can say that wasn't micks fault at the end. But I disagree. A coach's job is to have his team prepared. You blind if you mick is a good coach for the Big East. He can get by with a mid major squad and get them better. But he's not a good coach. Time for your to open your eyes.

 

Funny because Mick has beaten every Hall Of Fame coach in the league with FAR inferior talent in his small sample size time at UC. The program has improved EVERY YEAR from a full restart. An awful coach would be at the bottom of the league every year. That hasn't happened, and the program has taken a step forward every season. I guess that is the true mark of a bad coach... :lol:

I think Mick has done a great job filling the roster as fast as he did. This was a year that UC was supposed to take a step forward though. It looked at the beginning of the year like they were well on the way but they have underachieved since. Six of their last eight are... Syracuse, @UCONN, @USF, @WVU, Nova and @Georgetown. I can't see them finishing above .500 in the Big East. They are staring at the NIT right now.

 

They'll be lucky to win one of those six IMO....

The Xavier and Gonzaga losses would look really good on that resume. Those two and the St. Johns meltdown are what will leave them home from the dance.

Here's how I see it finishing out with an NIT bid:

 

2/07 SYR 2:00 PM (Loss 5-6)

2/13 @ CONN 12:00 PM (Loss 5-7)

2/16 @ USF 7:00 PM (Loss 5-8)

2/21 MARQ 2:00 PM (Wn 6-8)

2/24 DEP 7:00 PM (Win 7-8)

2/27 @ WVU 2:00 PM (Loss 7-9)

3/02 VILL 7:00 PM (Loss 7-10)

3/06 @ GTWN 12:00 PM (Loss 7-11)

Life is tough in the Big East. Especially on the road. ND is a very good team at home and a bad team on the road.

 

UC is about where I figured they'd be this year. Middle of the pack team with a chance to make the tourny.

Here's how I see it finishing out with an NIT bid:

 

2/07 SYR 2:00 PM (Loss 5-6)

2/13 @ CONN 12:00 PM (Loss 5-7)

2/16 @ USF 7:00 PM (Loss 5-8)

2/21 MARQ 2:00 PM (Wn 6-8)

2/24 DEP 7:00 PM (Win 7-8)

2/27 @ WVU 2:00 PM (Loss 7-9)

3/02 VILL 7:00 PM (Loss 7-10)

3/06 @ GTWN 12:00 PM (Loss 7-11)

 

I wouldn't be surprised if UC gets a upset win over one of those teams. I'm not predicting which one, but I think it'll will happen.

 

As for making the tournamanet and Mick's seat, I will leave that for ya'll to discuss.

 

I haven't watched many UC games lately, did at the beginning of the year, but what I was wondering, will Lance Stephenson be with the program next year?

I wouldn't be surprised if UC gets a upset win over one of those teams. I'm not predicting which one, but I think it'll will happen.

 

As for making the tournamanet and Mick's seat, I will leave that for ya'll to discuss.

 

I haven't watched many UC games lately, did at the beginning of the year, but what I was wondering, will Lance Stephenson be with the program next year?

Not based on the team that I watched get crushed by a mediocre ND squad.

Not based on the team that I watched get crushed by a mediocre ND squad.

 

Teams have bad nights from time to time...it happens.

Teams have bad nights from time to time...it happens.

What is their signature win that gives you this confidence in an upset? UCONN??? Please.

If you made me choose I'd say UC will not make it.

What is their signature win that gives you this confidence in an upset? UCONN??? Please.

 

I don't need a signature win to believe that an upset can happen. Sometimes the better teams just overlook their opponent and don't bring their best game and the lesser team can capitalize on it. Happens on the time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.