February 5, 201016 yr Author At 14-8 and 5-5 in BE play, UC is not looking good to make the dance. GT, would you consider this a disappointment if they don't make the tourney? They looked like a tourney team early in the year, but just have not got it done..and some against teams they should beat.
February 5, 201016 yr Fully expected a loss tonight, so not worried about it. UC is still right there in the tournament mix with plenty of chances to prove they deserve a spot left ahead of them. ND hit everything and UC couldn't make a wide open shot. It happens...
February 5, 201016 yr Harangody abused Gates. 37 points and 14 rebounds. Man I didn't see the game but Gates is way too good for that.
February 5, 201016 yr Man I didn't see the game but Gates is way too good for that. Frankengody hit everything he threw at the rim. No surprise after Yancy dominated him in the win at UC...
February 5, 201016 yr Im not a huge UC fan. I watch them play when I can. I've seen them more than 10times this year. I've paid attention to them pretty much over the past few years. I have no agenda or no bias. UC fans and UC people need to realize this team will never be where it was, mostly due to them being in Big East. But also, there biggest problem is at the head. Mick Cronin is not a good coach for this program. He might make a decent coach at a smaller program. But he will never thrive in the Big East. From recruiting to in game decisions and X's and O's. He is not a good fit for UC and until this is realized, UC will have a hard time winning games they should be winning.
February 5, 201016 yr UC fans and UC people need to realize this team will never be where it was, mostly due to them being in Big East. But also, there biggest problem is at the head. Mick Cronin is not a good coach for this program. He might make a decent coach at a smaller program. But he will never thrive in the Big East. From recruiting to in game decisions and X's and O's. He is not a good fit for UC and until this is realized, UC will have a hard time winning games they should be winning. Simply hilarious. He has taken a program from ground zero, spent one year at the bottom of the Big East and moved firmly to the middle of the pack all the while improving every year. Mick can't make wide open shots no matter how bad he wants to...
February 5, 201016 yr Simply hilarious. He has taken a program from ground zero, spent one year at the bottom of the Big East and moved firmly to the middle of the pack all the while improving every year. Mick can't make wide open shots no matter how bad he wants to... Aren't you the one who said his seat is starting to get hot not too long ago?
February 5, 201016 yr Aren't you the one who said his seat is starting to get hot not too long ago? Said it was getting warm. He's got zero chance of getting fired, so it can't be hot...
February 5, 201016 yr I think Mick has done a great job filling the roster as fast as he did. This was a year that UC was supposed to take a step forward though. It looked at the beginning of the year like they were well on the way but they have underachieved since. Six of their last eight are... Syracuse, @UCONN, @USF, @WVU, Nova and @Georgetown. I can't see them finishing above .500 in the Big East. They are staring at the NIT right now.
February 5, 201016 yr I think Mick has done a great job filling the roster as fast as he did. This was a year that UC was supposed to take a step forward though. It looked at the beginning of the year like they were well on the way but they have underachieved since. Six of their last eight are... Syracuse, @UCONN, @USF, @WVU, Nova and @Georgetown. I can't see them finishing above .500 in the Big East. They are staring at the NIT right now. That's the best and worst thing about this team though. In big games, they play huge. In games they "should" win, they play like crap. They have plenty of chances to get big wins down the stretch. We'll see...
February 5, 201016 yr I heard today prior to the game that the difference in 5th place and 11th place in the BE was 2 games. Lots of time for teams to move up or down.
February 5, 201016 yr I heard today prior to the game that the difference in 5th place and 11th place in the BE was 2 games. Lots of time for teams to move up or down. Mostly correct. It was 4th to 11th. Ugly loss to watch, but UC still has plenty of chances to get into the tournament...
February 5, 201016 yr Mostly correct. It was 4th to 11th. Ugly loss to watch, but UC still has plenty of chances to get into the tournament... I know you are drinking the Kool-Aid, but I just don't see this team making the field of 64. They have to many lapses during games, and just seem to disappear. Cronin's seat is definitely getting warmer with every game. If he goes NIT this season and next, he is gone. I just don't think he will get UC over the hump and make them a contender for a Big East Championship. What is their average home attendance this season?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.