February 2, 201016 yr Got this idea from the Pro Bowl thread in the Pro Sports forum. What type of vacation do you enjoy ? Would you rather spend your vacation laying on a beach or traveling somewhere historical ? For me it's all about the beach. I'm not even that big of a fan of the beach but I enjoy the atmosphere that comes along with it. If I'm spending my hard earned money, I'm not going somewhere to learn, I'm going somewhere to relax. I went to Mexico two years ago, The Dominican Republic last year and I plan on going back to Mexico this summer. If I won the lottery and money was no option, sure, I'd travel the world. As for now, I'll stick with some type of Carribean vacation.
February 2, 201016 yr I spend several weeks in Jackson Hole, WY every summer. I also love to travel to Europe.
February 2, 201016 yr Somewhere that lends itself to good photographic opportunities. I don't mind learning something while there, either.
February 2, 201016 yr I haven't been to the beach in 20 years. I practically lived on the beach the first 8 years I lived here. In fact, the first 2 years I lived in a little hut a block off of Gulf Blvd. on Indian Rocks Beach. My wife worked at the Palm Pavilion on Clearwater Beach while I was dating her, too. It got old. So did I. Give me family, friends, a place to tailgate, and a decent football game, and I'm a happy man. I'm hoping this year will be like 2008, with our vacations focused on the USF games at UofL, UC, and West Virginia. We didn't make the WVU game in 08, though. With the remaining road games being at Florida (Gainsville is only 2.5 hours away) and Miami (The Gardens is 5 hours south of here.), we hope to attend all 12 games this year. Florida is going to be the tough one to make. Having said all that, I'm hoping at least one week this year will be in Vegas.
February 2, 201016 yr Mrs C and I try to take two vactions a year one is always a week on a beach somewhere with a cooler of beer, snorkles, and fins. Depending on finances the second could be anywhere from a weekend in Chicago to a trip to Europe. I sure do like visiting foriegn countries. I also like cruises. If you like the beach and being on a resort, I highly recommend an all-inclusive trip to the Dominican or Cancun. Eat, drink, and be merry.
February 2, 201016 yr Author Mrs C and I try to take two vactions a year one is always a week on a beach somewhere with a cooler of beer, snorkles, and fins. Depending on finances the second could be anywhere from a weekend in Chicago to a trip to Europe. I sure do like visiting foriegn countries. I also like cruises. If you like the beach and being on a resort, I highly recommend an all-inclusive trip to the Dominican or Cancun. Eat, drink, and be merry. Agreed. I've been both places you mentioned. All inclusive is the only way to go :thumb:
February 2, 201016 yr We take a "real" vacation about every two years. These trips are usually to a beach somewhere. Last year we rented a house on Folly Beach (outside Charleston, SC) for a week. We got the best of a combination Beach/historical vacation you could find. This year it is back to a trip to visit family.
February 2, 201016 yr I like the beach, and I like to see different places. Therefore, cruises are my vacation of choice.
February 2, 201016 yr I love foreign countries the most and I'm not really a fan of the all inclusive spots.
February 2, 201016 yr Somewhere with plenty of golf courses! We are going to Punta Cana, DR this June. I am looking foward to this trip very much!
February 2, 201016 yr I'm not wild about the beach, necessarily. Most of my favorite trips have centered around going to see sporting events. But my absolute favorite trip of all time was going with my family about seven years ago to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon. I would love to visit all the national parks before I die.
February 2, 201016 yr Somewhere with plenty of golf courses! We are going to Punta Cana, DR this June. I am looking foward to this trip very much! I am going on a couple of "mini" vacations as well this year: SEC Tournament in March Masters in April Oaks and Derby in May :dancingpa
February 2, 201016 yr I've only been on one "REAL" vaction in my adult life. That was to Jekyll Island, which was awesome. But, althought the beach was great, my favorite parts of the vacation was going through their historic district, chillin' out with the people who came to check on the breeding turtles and learning all about turtle breeding, and going up to Savanah and looking up all the places in the book "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil", and up and down the historic warehouse district. I've been to Quebec and Montreal, and toured the historic sites there. I hope to someday go to Ireland, England, Scotland, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece and Italy. It's going to be awhile though. :lol: Currently I enjoy "mini-vacations" where I can take long weekends and either stay home or do 2-hour one way trips or less. :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.