Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vacations

Featured Replies

Picture the Corona commercials

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Somewhere with plenty of golf courses!

We are going to Punta Cana, DR this June. I am looking foward to this trip very much!

 

My fiancee and I went there last summer, it's a beautiful place. Have you ever been before ? If you have any questions on what to expect, shoot me a PM.

Went to an all inclusive, adults only resort last winter in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Absolutely Heaven on Earth!

I've only been on one "REAL" vaction in my adult life. That was to Jekyll Island, which was awesome. But, althought the beach was great, my favorite parts of the vacation was going through their historic district, chillin' out with the people who came to check on the breeding turtles and learning all about turtle breeding, and going up to Savanah and looking up all the places in the book "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil", and up and down the historic warehouse district.

I've been to Quebec and Montreal, and toured the historic sites there. I hope to someday go to Ireland, England, Scotland, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece and Italy. It's going to be awhile though. :lol:

 

Currently I enjoy "mini-vacations" where I can take long weekends and either stay home or do 2-hour one way trips or less. :lol:

 

We went to Jekyll Island one weekend and it was great. We walked over sand dunes going to the ocean and could see the dolphins following the ships. We didn't get to tour the island that weekend. Savannah is a nice town also.

I'm a beach guy, but I also like historical places as well.

  • Author
Went to an all inclusive, adults only resort last winter in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Absolutely Heaven on Earth!

 

Went there two years ago and loved it. Where did you stay ?

I've only been on one "REAL" vaction in my adult life. That was to Jekyll Island, which was awesome. But, althought the beach was great, my favorite parts of the vacation was going through their historic district, chillin' out with the people who came to check on the breeding turtles and learning all about turtle breeding, and going up to Savanah and looking up all the places in the book "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil", and up and down the historic warehouse district.

 

We've been to Jekyll Island several times and always enjoy it. We rent a house each time because they are so reasonably priced there. I like that the island has restrictions that limits the amount of hotels. I also love all the bike paths that criss-cross the island. I have spent many many hours biking all over Jekyll. Also, though limited in number, there are some nice restaurants located there.

Favorite vacations include: foreign travel, long cruises, ski trips, and spontaneous week-end trips anywhere anybody wants to go. A few years ago I drove with a client and a few other guys in an RV to North Dakota to dig dinosaur bones with about a 6 hour notice from my client prior to leaving. :D I always have a suitcase at the ready.

  • Author
Favorite vacations include: foreign travel, long cruises, ski trips, and spontaneous week-end trips anywhere anybody wants to go. A few years ago I drove with a client and a few other guys in an RV to North Dakota to dig dinosaur bones with about a 6 hour notice from my client prior to leaving. :D I always have a suitcase at the ready.

 

You a big fan of cruises TTC ?

 

I've come close to going on a cruise several times but never could make myself pull the trigger. It would be a great way to see several places but the thought of being stuck on a boat makes my skin itch.

You a big fan of cruises TTC ?

 

I've come close to going on a cruise several times but never could make myself pull the trigger. It would be a great way to see several places but the thought of being stuck on a boat makes my skin itch.

 

I love cruises. You shouldn't worry about being "stuck on a boat" because there is SO MUCH to do aboard the ship, at times you'll forget you are even on a ship. Plus, when you are on a cruise, the ship will dock most days and you have the opportunity to spend the day going on shore excursions and such. However, transatlantic/pacific cruises do have consecutive days at sea. Other than those, most others only have an occasional day here and there where the ship doesn't dock. Our family did a 14 day Baltic/North Sea cruise this summer and we had a BLAST (10 countries in 14 days). Afterward, we spent 3 days in London. You hit the nail on the head when you said it's a great way to see several places.

I'm just curious to see this place on Herrington Lake I heard so much about last year ... :sssh::D

I've been to Canada, New York, and the Beach. I would love to go to Vegas though.

I love cruises. You shouldn't worry about being "stuck on a boat" because there is SO MUCH to do aboard the ship, at times you'll forget you are even on a ship. Plus, when you are on a cruise, the ship will dock most days and you have the opportunity to spend the day going on shore excursions and such. However, transatlantic/pacific cruises do have consecutive days at sea. Other than those, most others only have an occasional day here and there where the ship doesn't dock. Our family did a 14 day Baltic/North Sea cruise this summer and we had a BLAST (10 countries in 14 days). Afterward, we spent 3 days in London. You hit the nail on the head when you said it's a great way to see several places.

 

A cruise is where it's at!!! :thumb:

I'm just curious to see this place on Herrington Lake I heard so much about last year ... :sssh::D

 

I usually spend a night there once a week or so.:D Actually, I'll talk to AA to see if we can get a "vinyl night" together sometime this winter.:thumb:

Went there two years ago and loved it. Where did you stay ?

 

Secrets Maroma Beach--and I cannot wait to go back! Where did you stay?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.