Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7th grade middle school State tournament Feb.5-7

Featured Replies

  • Author

Who all will be at the games? I will be there the whole tourney. I coach Johnson County, stop by and lets talk some bball.Look forward to meeting some of you guys.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son and husband will be there. If Hoptown can make it to Sunday, I will try and make it up there. Good luck to everyone!

I look forward to a great tournament. Good luck to all.

I heard Ockerman didn't show. I think they were pretty upset in LEX.

Are you kidding me after all the posturing?

I heard Ockerman didn't show. I think they were pretty upset in LEX.

 

Boone Co had some bad weather, was that the problem? Did they even call or just not show up?

Tournaments like this one are open to all 7th grade middle school teams in the state. The schools that choose to enter are those that are the most talented. The schools that have the talent to compete in that given year. In N Ky 7th, the two best teams entered. The other 18 teams from NKMSBL did not enter.

 

If Holmes and Ockerman have their entire roster they are very good. If either team is missing their best player or players, they come back to the rest of the N KY pack and would be hard pressed to advance in the state tournament.

 

My guess is that the entire roster was not available to Ockerman and they decided not to participate.

Ockerman wouldn't have been playing on Sunday anyway. Too many talented teams in the 7th. Holmes will not be playing on Sunday either.

Tournaments like this one are open to all 7th grade middle school teams in the state. The schools that choose to enter are those that are the most talented. The schools that have the talent to compete in that given year. In N Ky 7th, the two best teams entered. The other 18 teams from NKMSBL did not enter.

 

If Holmes and Ockerman have their entire roster they are very good. If either team is missing their best player or players, they come back to the rest of the N KY pack and would be hard pressed to advance in the state tournament.

 

My guess is that the entire roster was not available to Ockerman and they decided not to participate.

 

Are you serious? After all the talk on this thread about how great Ockerman was, and for them to pull a no show is classless IMO. I don't care if you are missing your key player or not, it doesn't matter. You do the right thing, and show up and play the game. I really hope they called the KBA. Ockerman entered this tournament over a week ago, and it sends the wrong message to the other players when you no show because your best player can't make the trip. I have coached basketball for a long time, and didn't always have my full complement of players, and I ALWAYS showed up to play in any tournament we were entered in. This is wrong. What about the team they were scheduled to play? Did anybody care to think about them and the effort they put forth to show up and expect a game? Unreal.

Are you serious? After all the talk on this thread about how great Ockerman was, and for them to pull a no show is classless IMO. I don't care if you are missing your key player or not, it doesn't matter. You do the right thing, and show up and play the game. I really hope they called the KBA. Ockerman entered this tournament over a week ago, and it sends the wrong message to the other players when you no show because your best player can't make the trip. I have coached basketball for a long time, and didn't always have my full complement of players, and I ALWAYS showed up to play in any tournament we were entered in. This is wrong. What about the team they were scheduled to play? Did anybody care to think about them and the effort they put forth to show up and expect a game? Unreal.

 

From what I was told the whole team was in Lexington in a hotel ready to play. There coach is the AD at Boone County. They were told from the school that they could not play because of the weather. Don't know if they alerted the KBA of their situation.

From what I was told the whole team was in Lexington in a hotel ready to play. There coach is the AD at Boone County. They were told from the school that they could not play because of the weather. Don't know if they alerted the KBA of their situation.

 

If its not a school related function then how can the school tell them that they cant play. Two years ago my son's 7th grade coach couldnt take Highlands down because he was out of town for a wedding that weekend so myself and another parent decided to take the boys down and let em play. We didnt think we were going to win the State Championship but we wanted the kids to experience playing in that atmosphere. Heck, we even had a regular season game vs. Holmes that had to be played on that Saturday morning. We went down on a friday night and faced a very very tough LTMS team led by 6'3 shot blocking specialist Braxton McFarland and some speedy guards who I think were only 6th graders at the time. The boys had to get up and play Holmes at 10am on Saturday morning back up in NKY. That was a run n gun shootout. Then they had to jump right in the car and drive 90 minutes south to face off against the eventual state champ that year Scott County. They lost both games but we made it happen and even though we wished we could have advanced we committed to playing and made it happen. It would have been easy to just call the KBA and forfeit that Scott Co game after the boys were tired from the Holmes game but we didnt.

  • Author

Johnson County beat a good Calloway County team last night. Today we open with East Jessamine at 1:40. Some very good teams here. Knox vs. Hoptown game should be a dandy today.:popcorn:

Will someone post scores today? KBA used to do that for those of us who cannot attend. The new owners either do not or I can't find it.

  • Author
Will someone post scores today? KBA used to do that for those of us who cannot attend. The new owners either do not or I can't find it.

 

I wish they would post them also. I will mention that at the desk when I go in today. Everyone who comes within the next couple of weeks mention it also.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.