Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7th grade middle school State tournament Feb.5-7

Featured Replies

Tell me about Highland, Mercer, and Clark Co.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me Southern vs. Wayne in bracket 1

Mason Vs Clay in bracket 2

south Laurel vs LTMS in bracket 3

Knox Central or Hoptown vs.Johnson Co in the last bracket

Looks like Boyle County got a good draw. Get Scott County on their home floor. Seems equitable to me.

Stanley is much better than solid. He might be the best 7th grader in the state. I don't know what they have to go with him, but he is the real deal. None of the teams in the southern part of the state have anyone who could guard him. It would be a terrible early matchup for a top rated team.

 

Not much. Stanley is a very smart player, but I think his team may run into some trouble if they run up against a solid "team". He will get his, but IMHO, I think his team may struggle if they meet a team with 2-3 solid players.

He has some help, are they to Brennan's level? No but who is in the 7th grade both point guards are solid and they have 4 or 5 guys who burry the 3 ball, he is head and shoulders better than anyone on his team but they are pretty good players too.

My final 8:

Southern vs Wayne CO.

Mason Co. vs Clay Co.

S. Laurel vs JCTMS

Knox Co. vs Johnson Co.

 

I think the winner of the Southern/Wayne and Knox/Johnson games will be playing for the state title.

Best Friday night match up: Knox Co. vs Georgetown at Scott Co. gym. Also Hopkinsville vs Elliott Co. could be interesting.

Best possible second round game: Knox Co. vs Hopkinsville. A really good team could be going home early.

Best possible third round game: South Laurel vs Ockerman. Again, a really good team may not make it to Sunday.

This should be a great tournament!

Ockerman is going? I guess the rest of the state will found out how good Stanley is.:sssh:

 

I hear Stanley is suspended and was kicked off the team this week. Can anybody confirm this?

  • Author

Holmes and Elkhorn could also be a good Friday night game. Anyone know anything on Calloway County?

I do know that he was suspended, but do not know if he was kicked off the team.

I do know that he was suspended, but do not know if he was kicked off the team.

 

If he is suspended he shouldn't be going to the state with a school team anyway.

They only suspended him until Friday, so that left it up to the coach I believe, and since this trip is not paid for by the school, I dont know if the suspinsion is in affect. So in other words I really dont know if he will be there or not.

Edited by spindoc

If he is suspended he shouldn't be going to the state with a school team anyway.

 

He's a good kid and honestly, I think this is a topic that should be between his parents, coach and school and not up for discussion on a public forum. Can we please get back to the topic at hand on who's going to win this weekend and the various match-ups?

  • Author
He's a good kid and honestly, I think this is a topic that should be between his parents, coach and school and not up for discussion on a public forum. Can we please get back to the topic at hand on who's going to win this weekend and the various match-ups?

 

I agree. I know nothing about the situation. Let's talk about the teams.

You are right, I appoligize for that I was just trying to answer the question, but you are right, good luck to all teams and have a safe trip, hopefully the weather holds off.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.