Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7th grade middle school State tournament Feb.5-7

Featured Replies

Who all is going? Who are the favorites?

  • Replies 96
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne Co., Southern (Southwestern Pulaski), Knox Central, Clay Co., and South Laurel are teams I have seen that I would consider state contenders. Others I have heard about are undefeated Ockerman from northern Ky, undefeated Hopkinsville from the west, Monroe Co., Johnson Central (with the 3 kids added from the 8th grade team), and Vergie. Anymore to consider? Any from Louisville or Lexington?

Who all is going? Who are the favorites?

 

How does a team qualify to be in this tournament?

How does a team qualify to be in this tournament?

 

Open tournament to all middle school teams.

How does a team qualify to be in this tournament?
You must be a 7th grade middle school team from the state of Ky. All kids on the team must be enrolled in that school. No fee for entry. Very good tournament. The winner of this tournament is typically crowned the best 7th grade team in the state.

Holmes 7th grade team will also be playing in the state tourney with a 20-1 record.

Ockerman, Holmes, and Turkeyfoot all would represent N Ky nicely if they entered 7th grade state.

Ockerman, Holmes, and Turkeyfoot all would represent N Ky nicely if they entered 7th grade state.
Ockerman and Holmes have entered.

Teams who have committed to play in the KBA 7th grade state tournament have been posted at playkba.com. Others will be posted as they come in over the next few days. If your team is not on the list, I suggest you submit the form before its too late.

Ockerman and Holmes have entered.

 

Ockerman is going? I guess the rest of the state will found out how good Stanley is.:sssh:

Ockerman is going? I guess the rest of the state will found out how good Stanley is.:sssh:

 

 

I'm not sure that they will. For Ockerman, he plays a very team oriented game. He is very instrumental in the teams success, but he makes every boy on that team better. It is one of the best examples of team ball I have seen in years.

 

Now if they get behind or are in a very tough game, watch out, he can take over a game if necessary.

Ockerman is going? I guess the rest of the state will found out how good Stanley is.:sssh:
I look forward to seeing him play. I saw him play AAU last year. Solid player.

As of today 50 teams have entered the state tournament.

Stanley is much better than solid. He might be the best 7th grader in the state. I don't know what they have to go with him, but he is the real deal. None of the teams in the southern part of the state have anyone who could guard him. It would be a terrible early matchup for a top rated team.

State tournament schedules are posted!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.