Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky, The New Number 1

Featured Replies

I personally want them to win EVERY SINGLE game..

  • Replies 69
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know that this view will be pretty unpopular with the majority, but I don't buy into the school of thought that a team learns more from a loss and would be better with a loss. I believe that a close game in the end which they have to battle it out to the finish and win is just as beneficial. You have to learn how to win those tight games.

 

I know the majority probably disagrees with me, so no need to rip it apart lol.

 

I agree with you completely. I think a team learns just as much from a close win as they do from a loss. I believe the difference is, it just becomes a mental thing. If you go undefeated until, say the NCAA tournament, then it just makes you play tighter, and may be more apt to play not to lose, whereas, if you lose a game, you're as fresh as daisy picked by a tall handsome gentlemen on his way to pick up a young clueless girl to her first prom.

UK might end up with the #1 ranking, but IMO they aren't the best team in the country. I still think Texas, Kansas, and Villanova are all better than UK.

 

If you look at UK's schedule they are undefeated in part because their schedule isn't nearly as tough as predicted in the preseason. Their two toughest opponents, UConn and UNC, both will be outside of the top 25 after the next set of rankings come out.

 

IMO Texas, Kansas, and Villanova are all three more proven than UK. I think Syracuse might even be a better team than the Cats.

Regular season ranking only good to get a 1 or 2 seed in NCAA tourney. The onlu important ranking is NCAA Championship.

UK might end up with the #1 ranking, but IMO they aren't the best team in the country. I still think Texas, Kansas, and Villanova are all better than UK.

 

If you look at UK's schedule they are undefeated in part because their schedule isn't nearly as tough as predicted in the preseason. Their two toughest opponents, UConn and UNC, both will be outside of the top 25 after the next set of rankings come out.

 

IMO Texas, Kansas, and Villanova are all three more proven than UK. I think Syracuse might even be a better team than the Cats.

 

At least the Wildcats have gone out and won the games that they should win...the same cannot be said about Kansas and Texas.

At least the Wildcats have gone out and won the games that they should win...the same cannot be said about Kansas and Texas.

Kansas I could give you, though I think many would argue that winning at UT is tough as well. But Texas was actually not even favored against Kansas State. That's a road game against a top 10 team.

I think being #1 is somewhat of a big deal for the program. You play the game to try and be the best. They have a flawless record so far. They have a will to win but of course they are beatable. These guys have worked hard to be where they are. While they still have ALOT to work on, they will be deserving of the new #1 if saturday plays out the way that we hope. Plus, being #1 somewhat helps the recruiting.

I'd rather hang near number one than be number one. I am worried that if UK was to become number one and it may all go to our heads, both the players and the fans.

 

 

Wait a minute, did you just come out of the cave? This has been going on since "Madness". IMO, I think it has been going to their heads. They play great in spurts, cruise for a while, play lazy defense, then turn it back on late in the second half. I also realize college basketball is a game of runs. However, UK will NOT finish undefeated because of what I noted previously. The Cats are going to run up against a team that will put two strong halves together. Let's just hope it happens in the regular season and not during the NCAA tourney.

At least the Wildcats have gone out and won the games that they should win...the same cannot be said about Kansas and Texas.

 

Very true, but it's not like Kansas or Texas lost to bad opponents. Both of their losses came on the road to top 10 teams.

 

I ask you this...would UK still be undefeated playing in the ACC or Big East?

 

We're sitting here talking about Tennessee or Vandy being one of the two teams that will possibly beat UK...yes, the same Vandy team that trailed to UC by 10+ practically the whole game and ended up losing by 9, 67-58.

 

When UK runs in to a team with good guard play and depth, you'll see their youth start to show and they'll be beaten. They could be the best team late in the season, but right now I just don't see it.

Very true, but it's not like Kansas or Texas lost to bad opponents. Both of their losses came on the road to top 10 teams.

 

I ask you this...would UK still be undefeated playing in the ACC or Big East?

 

We're sitting here talking about Tennessee or Vandy being one of the two teams that will possibly beat UK...yes, the same Vandy team that trailed to UC by 10+ practically the whole game and ended up losing by 9, 67-58.

 

When UK runs in to a team with good guard play and depth, you'll see their youth start to show and they'll be beaten. They could be the best team late in the season, but right now I just don't see it.

 

 

 

I'm sure you think Holmes could beat them. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.