Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 76 Kansas 68

Featured Replies

Fantastic effort by the Vols for 40 minutes. Hats off to that squad for not packing it in after the arrests that depleted the roster...

 

 

Great job of rallying his team by Pearl. He may not be the best game situation coach but he is a master motivator. I wonder how much of the last couple of games was playing on emotion and whether they'll be able to keep it up in the conference grind being that shorthanded?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time UT played a No.1 team at home was 1966,44years ago and that team was Kentucky,their first loss also.UK went on to played Texas Western in the NCAA Championship,in which we all know what sadly happen.:cry:

I don't know and care what happen UT that season.:irked:

Fantastic effort by the Vols for 40 minutes. Hats off to that squad for not packing it in after the arrests that depleted the roster...

 

All the more reason to let thugs go. Clean up collegiate sports teams and get back to the "WE" game and end all the "ME" games.:thumb:

Great job of rallying his team by Pearl. He may not be the best game situation coach but he is a master motivator. I wonder how much of the last couple of games was playing on emotion and whether they'll be able to keep it up in the conference grind being that shorthanded?

 

 

The answer to your first question, a huge amount; the answer to your second question, NO.

The answer to your first question, a huge amount; the answer to your second question, NO.

 

That's what I think as well. Regardless, it was a great win for the Vols.

The last time UT played a No.1 team at home was 1966,44years ago and that team was Kentucky,their first loss also.UK went on to played Texas Western in the NCAA Championship,in which we all know what sadly happen.:cry:

I don't know and care what happen UT that season.:irked:

 

Now I may be wrong. If I am correct me, but when I heard that on CBS I thought they were wrong. Wasn't UK #1 going into Thompson-Boling in 1993 the year they lost to Michigan in the Final Four? I do remember UK lost that game on an Allen Houston Free Throw where he clearly stepped over the line before the ball hit the rim.

I just sat and cheered for Tennessee for two hours.....I need a shower!:puke:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Way to go Vols! Scotty Hopson made the Bluegrass proud!:thumb:

Now I may be wrong. If I am correct me, but when I heard that on CBS I thought they were wrong. Wasn't UK #1 going into Thompson-Boling in 1993 the year they lost to Michigan in the Final Four? I do remember UK lost that game on an Allen Houston Free Throw where he clearly stepped over the line before the ball hit the rim.

 

 

UK was ranked #2 in the AP Poll in that game.

I never thought that Tennessee would win this game, but I'm certainly glad that they did.

 

I guess Kansas really isn't as solid as we thought they were.

 

Only two undefeated teams left.

Tennessee won this one on emotions and pride...

 

Kansas probably thought they'd have a cake walk and overlooked them... You just can't do that.

I just sat and cheered for Tennessee for two hours.....I need a shower!:puke:

 

Haha, I just got a mental image of Ace Ventura when he found out that Lois Einhorn was Ray Finkle. :lol::lol:

The last time UT played a No.1 team at home was 1966,44years ago and that team was Kentucky,their first loss also.UK went on to played Texas Western in the NCAA Championship,in which we all know what sadly happen.:cry:

I don't know and care what happen UT that season.:irked:

I remember watching that game on a small black and white TV at a service station in my town. I was 11 years old. Probably 15 people crowded into a small room. Back then there weren't too many games shown on TV.

 

I remember Tennessee fans were standing up in front of the long view camera on the sidecourt toward the end of the game with their "We're # 1" finger in the air, and the noise was off the charts. It was difficult to see the finish of the game because the camera was showing the back of their heads and and hands. Vol fans weren't accustomed to too many big victories, just like today, and they were wild that day.

UT had a chip on their shoulder and I think after a week of hearing everyone saying their season was over had something to prove. I actually was rooting for UT. Which maybe the first time that has happened. This will actually help the SEC and also Kentucky's RPI down the road.

Now I may be wrong. If I am correct me, but when I heard that on CBS I thought they were wrong. Wasn't UK #1 going into Thompson-Boling in 1993 the year they lost to Michigan in the Final Four? I do remember UK lost that game on an Allen Houston Free Throw where he clearly stepped over the line before the ball hit the rim.

 

Don't think the Cats were No. 1 at the time with earlier loses to Vandy and Arkansas,UK was 20-2 going into that game with UT.So I can't tell you for sure if the Cats were No. 1 or not,but I don't think they were.Maybe someone else knows for sure.

I remember watching that game on a small black and white TV at a service station in my town. I was 11 years old. Probably 15 people crowded into a small room. Back then there weren't too many games shown on TV.

 

I remember Tennessee fans were standing up in front of the long view camera on the sidecourt toward the end of the game with their "We're # 1" finger in the air, and the noise was off the charts. It was difficult to see the finish of the game because the camera was showing the back of their heads and and hands. Vol fans weren't accustomed to too many big victories, just like today, and they were wild that day.

 

That was back in the day when the SEC people schedule the same teams back to back as UK just won at Lexington the week before vs UT.

And just like you I also watch the game in b & w,but at a friend's home.:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.