Highlands 58 Newport Central Catholic 44

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this played up on the hill? Have they fixed the heating problem at the Highlands gym yet? A few games werr canceled there this week due to that from what I understand. Time for a new gym maybe.

Do thet actually need heat in the sauna? That place gets so hot it actually migh be a good thing to not have heat..:D

Excellent D by the Birds after the first qt. Would be interested to see the rebounding stats if anyone has them - seemed as if Birds owned the glass. Stephen Kowo's D on Grant Pangallo did not go unnoticed - both kids played at 100% the entire game. Grubbs vs. Geisler was fun to watch.

You through an elbow, especially after the play is over, you'll probably get the big T. And that is what happened.

Not what happened at all. There was no elbow thrown. Foul was rightly called on NCC player for holding. Players tangled and NCC player falls to the ground. Ref reacted because the player went to the floor. Watson did not throw an elbow. Technical call was a joke.

Iam shocked to see Geisler held to just 11 pts. Was this a result to the physical play of Grubbs or was it just an off nite for NCC big man.

Giesler sat out the 2nd quarter with 2 fouls after an 11 point 1st qtr lead mainly with Pangallo playing lights out. I believe it was the Scmidt kid who was injured, NCC's other strong forward. With Giesler and Schmidt out the "bruis brothers" Watson and Grubbs went to work. Highlands was ahead by 3 at the half. Giesler played the 2nd half, Grubbs was able to force him at times out of his comfort zone, causing off balanced shots.

Highlands was deeper, and more physical on both ends of the floor. The Newport game had to have an effect in the 2nd half especially for Grant who plays at such a high energy level.

Solid win for the Birds, if healthy I truely expect the Birds to win the Region. Their depth, size and EXPERIENCE will be big factors come tourney time. Getting out of our district could be the biggest challenge.

No excuse but NCC may be a little fatigued, just as Highland was a little tired after a tuff game with Mason & a game one day later with Brossart.

Highland has great depth and the Grubbs kid is a beast. Look for another great match up later this season vs the Breds.

The Pangallo kid is playing some great basketball during the last several games for NCC.

It is great to see a small players succeed!

Not only may a team be a little tired, but a team and coach can only prep their team on one of their opponents. When you play back-to-back nights, typically coaches prepare them for the first game (unless the 2nd game is much more important-seeded game). Since this district doesn't seed, it is hard to say which is more important.

This is a very good district and it should be fun to watch it play out.

Giesler sat out the 2nd quarter with 2 fouls after an 11 point 1st qtr lead mainly with Pangallo playing lights out. I believe it was the Scmidt kid who was injured, NCC's other strong forward. With Giesler and Schmidt out the "bruis brothers" Watson and Grubbs went to work. Highlands was ahead by 3 at the half. Giesler played the 2nd half, Grubbs was able to force him at times out of his comfort zone, causing off balanced shots.

Highlands was deeper, and more physical on both ends of the floor. The Newport game had to have an effect in the 2nd half especially for Grant who plays at such a high energy level.

Solid win for the Birds, if healthy I truely expect the Birds to win the Region. Their depth, size and EXPERIENCE will be big factors come tourney time. Getting out of our district could be the biggest challenge.

I dont buy the fatigue factor with Pangallo. The kid plays basketball only and I am sure is in great shape. Once these kids get down to tournament time they will have to play against the best on consecutive nights.

Sounds like the Birds took care of business and depth was a factor but I hate hearing the excuse about playing the night before.

When Highlands beat Mason Co and then lost to Brossart, they had enough depth to not use that excuse either.

Nice win by the Birds. Down 11 after the first quarter and they outscore the Breds by 25 the rest of the game.

Grubbs is solidifying himself as one of the best big men in nky. He is very underrated IMO. I'd have him in my top 5-6 players in the region.