December 21, 200916 yr Author That was an absolute perfect throw by Ben on the TD. The offense bailed Tomlin out in that game. What a doofus call. You're being wayyy too nice. :lol:
December 21, 200916 yr I dont know why but I like the Steelers fo a while. I enjoy watching the defnse and the way they drive the ball down the field but not really a fan, or am I?
December 21, 200916 yr They get a last second touchdown at home against a 9-4 team to win by one point, and they are pretty freaking good? Cleveland beat the Steelers - are they pretty freaking good? Sorry. I shouldn't jump on you about that. I think your emotions got the best of you. :lol: You are right, I just watched it and my wife is a huge Packer fan and it was fun telling her the whole time they were driving that Ben would win it for the Steelers. I just couldnt believe he did it with no time on the clock on such a tough pass and catch. I do NOT like the Steelers. Back to being a Steeler Hater. LOL
December 21, 200916 yr Steelers don't deserve to go to the playoffs, yet it's still conceivable. No one wants to step up and take the wildcard. Not sure if I'd call it parity or parody. If the Steelers can get Troy back, they become a viable contender. I don't think they can win the last 2 without him. Especially going to Miami the last week. And again, I say, where's the pass rush? First drive, pressure, get the ball back. Then, not so much. I don't understand Lebeau here. It's been proven that the Steelers can't cover, especially in the deep 1/3. So, why do they rush 3 or 4 and drop 7 or 8 in coverage? Hasn't been a terribly effective formula without Troy in the lineup. As a matter of fact, wasn't terribly productive with him in it. IMO, if they don't step up the blitz package, they won't win. What's the difference in giving up an 83 yard TD with you drop 7 in coverage or them hitting a hot read when you send the house after the QB? I just don't understand.:idunno:
December 21, 200916 yr Steelers don't deserve to go to the playoffs, yet it's still conceivable. No one wants to step up and take the wildcard. Not sure if I'd call it parity or parody. If the Steelers can get Troy back, they become a viable contender. I don't think they can win the last 2 without him. Especially going to Miami the last week. And again, I say, where's the pass rush? First drive, pressure, get the ball back. Then, not so much. I don't understand Lebeau here. It's been proven that the Steelers can't cover, especially in the deep 1/3. So, why do they rush 3 or 4 and drop 7 or 8 in coverage? Hasn't been a terribly effective formula without Troy in the lineup. As a matter of fact, wasn't terribly productive with him in it. IMO, if they don't step up the blitz package, they won't win. What's the difference in giving up an 83 yard TD with you drop 7 in coverage or them hitting a hot read when you send the house after the QB? I just don't understand.:idunno: :thumb: I agree on all points. Our coverage has been shredded in the fourth all season. If they are going to go down, at least do it playing agressive Steeler football.
December 21, 200916 yr You're being wayyy too nice. :lol: I can't say what I really wanted to say. :sssh:
December 21, 200916 yr Steelers don't deserve to go to the playoffs, yet it's still conceivable. No one wants to step up and take the wildcard. Not sure if I'd call it parity or parody. If the Steelers can get Troy back, they become a viable contender. I don't think they can win the last 2 without him. Especially going to Miami the last week. And again, I say, where's the pass rush? First drive, pressure, get the ball back. Then, not so much. I don't understand Lebeau here. It's been proven that the Steelers can't cover, especially in the deep 1/3. So, why do they rush 3 or 4 and drop 7 or 8 in coverage? Hasn't been a terribly effective formula without Troy in the lineup. As a matter of fact, wasn't terribly productive with him in it. IMO, if they don't step up the blitz package, they won't win. What's the difference in giving up an 83 yard TD with you drop 7 in coverage or them hitting a hot read when you send the house after the QB? I just don't understand.:idunno: Yeah...if you can't get pressure against Green Bay, there's a problem. :idunno:
December 21, 200916 yr Big Ben saved his coach from looking like an idiot. Well, he still looked like an idiot, but at least this way no one is going to remember that horrible decision. I didn't see the game, what was his horrible decision?:idunno:
December 21, 200916 yr I didn't see the game, what was his horrible decision?:idunno: On side kick after taking the lead.
December 21, 200916 yr On side kick after taking the lead. Thanks for the info. Maybe he was in despiration mode since they have lost so many games. If they recover it he looks good.:thumb:
December 21, 200916 yr Yeah...if you can't get pressure against Green Bay, there's a problem. :idunno: Really, it doesn't matter who the opponent is, they need to put pressure on the QB somehow. The secondary is porous to say the least. Best pass D is a pass rush. The Steelers seem to have lapses where they simply don't do it. Again, I don't get it.
December 21, 200916 yr Thanks for the info. Maybe he was in despiration mode since they have lost so many games. If they recover it he looks good.:thumb:Can't look too good. Although he caught it, they kicked it to Ike Taylor's side, arguably the worst hands in NFL history for a non lineman.
December 21, 200916 yr Really, it doesn't matter who the opponent is, they need to put pressure on the QB somehow. The secondary is porous to say the least. Best pass D is a pass rush. The Steelers seem to have lapses where they simply don't do it. Again, I don't get it. Just sayin', if you can't do it against Green Bay, its not good.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.