Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chargers 27 Bengals 24

Featured Replies

Did you not see what I posted? They had a false start, an illegal substitution, a delay of game, and then a TO b/c they were going to get another delay of game back to back to back to back. They have to be the most penalized team leading their division. They lack discipline, and their coach has no clue how to manage the clock. I actually think they have the talent to be great. Just not the mindset.

 

Did they not have 2 or 3 penalties before their first snap in Minnesota last week too?

 

How many games have they lost that could be attributed to poor clock and game management? Even the players were upset that they spiked the ball with TO's left.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did they not have 2 or 3 penalties before their first snap in Minnesota last week too?

 

.

 

The number of pre-snap penalties they have had this year is shocking.

The number of pre-snap penalties they have had this year is shocking.

 

Not any more. It's pathetic though.

:laugh:

 

Why is saying the Chargers can make and win the Super Bowl laughable?? :confused:

What about that fumble caused by Weddle, has anyone ever seen a fumble like that?

Did you not see what I posted? They had a false start, an illegal substitution, a delay of game, and then a TO b/c they were going to get another delay of game back to back to back to back. They have to be the most penalized team leading their division. They lack discipline, and their coach has no clue how to manage the clock. I actually think they have the talent to be great. Just not the mindset.

 

I read it, and watched it. That series was pathetic. But at the end of the day they are 9-5, in first place, about to host a home playoff game etc.

 

Last year, 2 wins at this point. This will be the second playoff appearance in the last 19 YEARS. Have they been a joke during the last two decades? Yes. But this year is different, they are in 1st place and not a joke this year.

 

I agree Lewis puzzles me with his clock management. But, overall I am pleased with him as a coach. The dude has a W/L % over .500 with the Bengals. That's hard to believe.

 

I wish they hadn't spiked the ball before half too. I wish they didn't have a 1st and 25 due to crazy penalties and crowd noise. But that doesn't make them a bad team, they are a 1st place team in the division that very well might get 3 teams into the playoffs.

 

You can't major in minors. Especially a Bengal fan.

I think this pretty much sums up why the Bengals are a joke:

 

1st and 10 at CIN 22 PENALTY on CIN-D.Roland, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at CIN 22 - No Play.

1st and 15 at CIN 17 PENALTY on CIN, Illegal Substitution, 5 yards, enforced at CIN 17 - No Play.

1st and 20 at CIN 12 PENALTY on CIN-C.Palmer, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at CIN 12 - No Play.

Timeout #1 by CIN at 06:21.

 

That was impressive.

 

 

I really wish people would stop calling themselves Bengal fans, if they are going to call this team a joke. Its hard to be a joke, when you are leading a division and one win away from making the playoffs. Its hard to be a joke, when you play on the road against a team that many actually consider the best team in football right now, and it took a last second field goal to beat the Bengals. Yes they made some mistakes, and those mistakes cost them the game. I still don't see how you can call them a joke for that. Now last season they were a joke, in the 90 and early 2000's they were a joke, however this team is in no way a joke.

What is wrong with the Bengals ability to manage the clock? This is the 2nd time this season they have spiked the ball and wasted a crucial down when they have timeouts left. Just ridiculuous that they settle for a field goal when they have 2nd and goal. Nice Prevent defense there also, did they not think they were going to throw toward the sidelines? You might want to overplay the sideline routes and give up the inside.

 

Poor play calling also, that screen at the end was a horrible call. It takes too long to develop and its not a downhill play. You have to keep the momentum and keep rolling and that is a mistake waiting to happen. It happened !!!!!

 

They will be lucky to win one playoff game but the sheep will continue to line up and pay for tickets and get taken by Mike Brown.

 

Nice effort but they still arent there.

 

Yeah people are just so stupid for wanting to go watch a team that probably will make the playoffs. What are these stupid people thinking about for doing such a thing. I mean who would really want to go cheer on a potential playoff team you know? :ohbrother::rolleyes:

 

You know what yeah Mike Brown has not done much good at all for the Bengals as a owner. We all know he is going to do things his way no matter what. So either just get use to it, and support the team or just find another team to cheer for. If this is your so called team, then you would cheer for them despite Mike Brown being owner. I know I am not a big fan of him, but I will be there this Sunday cheering them on and hoping to see them win the Division title this Sunday and I don't feel bad at all about him getting my money. Because I am doing it to cheer on my favorite team.

I think we saw about the best the Bengals have. I don't see them winning a game in the playoffs.

 

We saw the best the Bengals have? The team was without their best defensive tackle, and their starting safety who since he started playing last year has really helped this defense. Those two guys should be back by the playoffs, and Leon Hall played his worst game of the year yesterday. We probably won't see him play that bad again if we see them again. He has shown that he has learned from his mistakes since he has been a Bengal. The Bengals also were dealing with the Henry thing, and had two crucial turnovers and some dumb penatlies.

 

So with all of that how can you say we saw the best the Bengals have? The offense yes did play better, but the defense not as much yesterday. So I don't think we saw the best the Bengals have yesterday at all. I mean we didn't play that great, and still almost won the game. I know I like our chances if we do get to see them again.

Now as for the game. Even though we lost, I come away more confident about the Bengals chances in the playoffs than I was before this game. I think the Bengals at least realized they do have to open it up some, and we seen if we do throw it some early it does allow Palmer to get in a rhythm. This defense should be pretty healthy by the playoffs hopefully. So I know I really like the teams chances now come the playoffs. I think the do win the division this week by beating the Chiefs, and will go from there.

 

WHO DEY!

Norv Turner called a timeout with 56 seconds left. The ref didn't see it and the clock rolled down to 47 seconds. When the refs looked at it, they put 9 seconds back on.

 

Dungy was mistaken on the LT penalty, because it occurred on the same play as Murczkowksi's injury. You cannot have 2 10 second runoffs on the same play.

 

The Bengals called timeout with 15 seconds, because everybody, including both announcers, thought Rivers was going to spike it, but he lined up in shotgun. Good call, make sure your corners are set.

 

Dobbins (#51), not Weddle, made the hit that jarred the ball back 20 yards.

 

The refs missed a lot of penalties yesterday, missed a full out punch by a Bengal on a Charger player following an incomplete swing pass. Missed several defensive holdings that were blatant against Gates. Missed a ridiculous facemask on Quentin Jammer during his INT return. Of course, I was looking at Charger missed penalties so I'm sure some were committed on Bengals, too. Not a well-officiated game.

 

What about the San Diego crowd?

 

What about Vincent Jackson?

 

I thought Cincinatti played exceptionally well, I thought the Chargers were fending off the dogs the whole game, and the difference in the game was the Charger special teams, Mike Scifres punting, Kassim Osgood in coverage, and Kaeding kicking.

 

Great, entertaining, enjoyable football match.

I really wish people would stop calling themselves Bengal fans, if they are going to call this team a joke. Its hard to be a joke, when you are leading a division and one win away from making the playoffs. Its hard to be a joke, when you play on the road against a team that many actually consider the best team in football right now, and it took a last second field goal to beat the Bengals. Yes they made some mistakes, and those mistakes cost them the game. I still don't see how you can call them a joke for that. Now last season they were a joke, in the 90 and early 2000's they were a joke, however this team is in no way a joke.

 

It is a joke that they still have no clue how to manage the clock. It is a joke that they got 3 consecutive penalties and had to burn a TO w/o ever running a play. It isn't funny though.

:lol: :ohbrother:

 

There was so much going on at the time. I imagine the Bengals were worried about what to do on Defense.

 

I also want to know the answer to FF's question earlier in the thread. Why did they put 10 extra seconds on the clock when to was at 47 seconds?[/quote]

 

Because Norv Turner argued successfully to the refs that he had called a timeout at :57 seconds instead of :47. How many times do coaches win this argument? So what did the refs do? They gave him his way, and put :10 seconds back on the clock for the Chargers. Unreal.

Norv Turner called a timeout with 56 seconds left. The ref didn't see it and the clock rolled down to 47 seconds. When the refs looked at it, they put 9 seconds back on.

 

Dungy was mistaken on the LT penalty, because it occurred on the same play as Murczkowksi's injury. You cannot have 2 10 second runoffs on the same play.

 

The Bengals called timeout with 15 seconds, because everybody, including both announcers, thought Rivers was going to spike it, but he lined up in shotgun. Good call, make sure your corners are set.

 

Dobbins (#51), not Weddle, made the hit that jarred the ball back 20 yards.

 

The refs missed a lot of penalties yesterday, missed a full out punch by a Bengal on a Charger player following an incomplete swing pass. Missed several defensive holdings that were blatant against Gates. Missed a ridiculous facemask on Quentin Jammer during his INT return. Of course, I was looking at Charger missed penalties so I'm sure some were committed on Bengals, too. Not a well-officiated game.

 

What about the San Diego crowd?

 

What about Vincent Jackson?

 

I thought Cincinatti played exceptionally well, I thought the Chargers were fending off the dogs the whole game, and the difference in the game was the Charger special teams, Mike Scifres punting, Kassim Osgood in coverage, and Kaeding kicking.

 

Great, entertaining, enjoyable football match.

 

That is a terrible excuse. They had forever to have the nickle or dime package ready. Calling the TO after the fact wasn't dumb. It was dumb however to not be ready for them to run a play.

It is a joke that they still have no clue how to manage the clock. It is a joke that they got 3 consecutive penalties and had to burn a TO w/o ever running a play. It isn't funny though.

 

Yes their clock management is terrible, there is no argument there. However this team is not a joke. No team that might a division and make the playoffs is a joke. No team that very well could make a run in the playoffs is a joke. Even with all of that, the still very well could have won that game. This team is very capable of making a run in the playoffs, so they are in no way a joke. The teams in the past like I mentioned, now they are a joke. No team is perfect, other teams have problems in certain areas that we dont. Do we call those teams a joke too?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.