December 21, 200916 yr What's the argument? I didn't see Dungy talk. LT ran on the field late on a San Diego spike and lined up outside of the numbers. I have never heard of that rule, but apparently you have to be inside the numbers when you run on the field late.
December 21, 200916 yr It happened so fast and it was all the way across the field from the Bengals sideline. You would think one person would have seen LT run on the field and line up improperly.
December 21, 200916 yr LT ran on the field late on a San Diego spike and lined up outside of the numbers. I have never heard of that rule, but apparently you have to be inside the numbers when you run on the field late. :thumb:
December 21, 200916 yr You would think one person would have seen LT run on the field and line up improperly. Um, ok. You should be mad at the refs, not the Bengals. Even if they did see it and argue, I doubt the refs let them make the call.
December 21, 200916 yr What would the penalty have been? 5 yards and a 10 second run off. There were only 36 seconds left when it happened.
December 21, 200916 yr Had it been the Bengals, someone would have seen it. That's how their luck goes.
December 21, 200916 yr 5 yards and a 10 second run off. There were only 36 seconds left when it happened. Oh, I ment the actual call, but you answered it in your earlier post.
December 21, 200916 yr At least Jerome Simpson is finally in the stat book, he had a tackle today :lol:
December 21, 200916 yr Um, ok. You should be mad at the refs, not the Bengals. Even if they did see it and argue, I doubt the refs let them make the call. If you tell the ref he was lined outside the numbers he can't ask his officials if that was the case and make the call? Maybe the line judge had forgotten the rule and confirmed that, in fact, LT was outside the numbers. You never know. Of course the refs should have called it but by the Bengals not arguing it makes it even more ridiculous.
December 21, 200916 yr If you tell the ref he was lined outside the numbers he can't ask his officials if that was the case and make the call? Maybe the line judge had forgotten the rule and confirmed that, in fact, LT was outside the numbers. You never know. Of course the refs should have called it but by the Bengals not arguing it makes it even more ridiculous. Na, you are way off base here IMO. How many times do teams argue calls? Every play? It's the officials who missed it, not the Bengals.
December 21, 200916 yr Na, you are way off base here IMO. How many times do teams argue calls? Every play? It's the officials who missed it, not the Bengals. :lol: Ha dude, I understand that. But since they didn't, my question is why didn't they see it and argue the call at the very least :confused:
December 21, 200916 yr Ha dude, I understand that. But since they didn't, my question is why didn't they see it and argue the call at the very least :confused: Dude, how do you know they didn't?
December 21, 200916 yr Dude, we would have seen it. :lol: :ohbrother: There was so much going on at the time. I imagine the Bengals were worried about what to do on Defense. I also want to know the answer to FF's question earlier in the thread. Why did they put 10 extra seconds on the clock when to was at 47 seconds?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.