Chargers 27 Bengals 24

Hangman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Turner called a timeout earlier then why didn't any ref blow a whistle when he did? It doesn't make sense.

That was exactly it, the ref he was saying timeout to was just watching the field and did not acknowledge him. It actually happens all the time, particularly when they throw challenge flags. They ran the replay on it, he was jumping up and down making the "T" signal, I'm not sure what is so hard to accept.

Norv Turner called a timeout with 56 seconds left. The ref didn't see it and the clock rolled down to 47 seconds. When the refs looked at it, they put 9 seconds back on.

Dungy was mistaken on the LT penalty, because it occurred on the same play as Murczkowksi's injury. You cannot have 2 10 second runoffs on the same play.

The Bengals called timeout with 15 seconds, because everybody, including both announcers, thought Rivers was going to spike it, but he lined up in shotgun. Good call, make sure your corners are set.

Dobbins (#51), not Weddle, made the hit that jarred the ball back 20 yards.

The refs missed a lot of penalties yesterday, missed a full out punch by a Bengal on a Charger player following an incomplete swing pass. Missed several defensive holdings that were blatant against Gates. Missed a ridiculous facemask on Quentin Jammer during his INT return. Of course, I was looking at Charger missed penalties so I'm sure some were committed on Bengals, too. Not a well-officiated game.

What about the San Diego crowd?

What about Vincent Jackson?

I thought Cincinatti played exceptionally well, I thought the Chargers were fending off the dogs the whole game, and the difference in the game was the Charger special teams, Mike Scifres punting, Kassim Osgood in coverage, and Kaeding kicking.

Great, entertaining, enjoyable football match.

Too bad they didn't get the corners set. 29 played an inside technique when clearly the only route that SD could afford to try would be an out route. 29 wasn't within 5 yard of SD's reciever when he caught the ball on the sideline in FG range. 29 had a bad game. Overall I thought the Bengals played well. SD is an excellent team.

Too bad they didn't get the corners set. 29 played an inside technique when clearly the only route that SD could afford to try would be an out route. 29 wasn't within 5 yard of SD's reciever when he caught the ball on the sideline in FG range. 29 had a bad game. Overall I thought the Bengals played well. SD is an excellent team.

Both corners seemed to be playing to take away the middle or the big play and were content to give up the sidelines.....the one area that they needed to take away. :idunno:

That was exactly it, the ref he was saying timeout to was just watching the field and did not acknowledge him. It actually happens all the time, particularly when they throw challenge flags. They ran the replay on it, he was jumping up and down making the "T" signal, I'm not sure what is so hard to accept.

I've never seen that happen. You make it sound like Norv was jumping up and down right by the ref but for some reason the ref was ignoring him? Part of calling a timeout is getting the officials attention to do so, or so I thought.

Hearsay, you are wrong about the missed penalty call on LT.

San Diego Chargers at 0:54 CIN SDG

1st and 10 at SD 20 P.Rivers pass short right to D.Sproles to SD 31 for 11 yards (M.Johnson).

1st and 10 at SD 31 P.Rivers spiked the ball to stop the clock.

2nd and 10 at SD 31 P.Rivers pass to V.Jackson to CIN 49 for 20 yards (T.Nelson). SD-S.Mruczkowski was injured during the play.

Timeout #2 by CIN at 00:15.

1st and 10 at CIN 49 (Shotgun) P.Rivers pass incomplete short left to L.Naanee.

The penalty should have been called because that play was on the spike right before the injury.

SSC - You claim to be a Bengals fan, but are only vocal about bad things that they do. It is a terribly tired act. Without a doubt in my mind, you would rather see them lose.

So a fan isn't allowed bringing up bad things a team does? Got it. I'll ask your permission from now on to post about the Bengals. What is a tired act to me is not having the slightest clue how to manage the clock. It has now cost them the biggest game of the season. If someone just beats them b/c they're flat better that's one thing. When you play good teams like they will do if they make the playoffs you need to do almost everything right. I don't think it makes me not a fan to be dissapointed in pre snap penalties and cluelessness on clock management. Those are things that should be perfected by now.

That is the only thing you do :idunno:

Funny I said this on here:

To go into Pittsburgh in a huge game for the Steelers and come away w/ a win is big. There is no doubt who the better team is. I think it's funny when people use injuries or not playing well as excuses. The defenses both played outstanding that is the only reason it appeared the offenses didn't play well. Carson didn't play well and they still won the game. The Bengals were w/o a bunch of key players and they still won. It's a good time to be a Bengals fan.

See I'm just a realist. I see clock management and dumb penalties as a problem. I bring it up when they do it. I don't just blindly mask problems w/ black an orange glasses.

Funny I said this on here:

To go into Pittsburgh in a huge game for the Steelers and come away w/ a win is big. There is no doubt who the better team is. I think it's funny when people use injuries or not playing well as excuses. The defenses both played outstanding that is the only reason it appeared the offenses didn't play well. Carson didn't play well and they still won the game. The Bengals were w/o a bunch of key players and they still won. It's a good time to be a Bengals fan.

See I'm just a realist. I see clock management and dumb penalties as a problem. I bring it up when they do it. I don't just blindly mask problems w/ black an orange glasses.

Really? Because I could go quote a ton of posts about how bad you think they are. JMO, I rarely hear see positive posts about the Bengals from you. This has been a really good year and it's been fun to be a fan again. I wish people would embrace it. I realize they aren't perfect, but they are doing a lot of good things this year.

Really? Because I could go quote a ton of posts about how bad you think they are. JMO, I rarely hear see positive posts about the Bengals from you. This has been a really good year and it's been fun to be a fan again. I wish people would embrace it. I realize they aren't perfect, but they are doing a lot of good things this year.

So just b/c they're winning some games should we just accept terrible coaching decisions and countless pre snap penalites?

So just b/c they're winning some games should we just accept terrible coaching decisions and countless pre snap penalites?

Nope not at all.

This is a team with the same talent as last year, maybe even lest and they have completely turned it around. There are some questionable coaching decisions along the way, but they have to be given credit for the turnaround this season. There are only 5 teams in the NFL with a better record, we must be doing something right.

Nope not at all.

This is a team with the same talent as last year, maybe even lest and they have completely turned it around. There are some questionable coaching decisions along the way, but they have to be given credit for the turnaround this season. There are only 5 teams in the NFL with a better record, we must be doing something right.

I'd disagree with less talent, or even the same...the return of Carson Palmer was a huge difference from last year to this. Also, the addition of Maualuga (however you spell it) was big.