Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chargers 27 Bengals 24

Featured Replies

I'd disagree with less talent, or even the same...the return of Carson Palmer was a huge difference from last year to this. Also, the addition of Maualuga (however you spell it) was big.

 

Oops forgot about Palmer. I was thinking about Housh for Coles which is a drop.

 

Going from 4-11-1 to this year... the coaching staff deserves more credit than they are getting from some.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oops forgot about Palmer. I was thinking about Housh for Coles which is a drop.

 

Going from 4-11-1 to this year... the coaching staff deserves more credit than they are getting from some.

 

Take Palmer out of the equation, and I'd agree. :thumb:

 

Regardless, you're right, the coaching staff deserves a lot of credit. They've done a "Marv"-elous job on the defensive side, especially to keep playing at a high level after the loss of Odom early on.

 

This Bengals defense is on the cusp of emerging into the type of dominating and physical unit that a team can ride to the Super Bowl. I think they're just a piece or two and a little more experience away from getting there.

 

Of course, they also need to get Palmer some help in the passing game. Ideally, somebody from the current roster would emerge, but that doesn't seem likely.

 

Cincinnati has positioned themselves, with the right moves, to have a very competitive team for the next several years. A great defense and a top notch QB...that formula can win a Super Bowl.

Take Palmer out of the equation, and I'd agree. :thumb:

 

Regardless, you're right, the coaching staff deserves a lot of credit. They've done a "Marv"-elous job on the defensive side, especially to keep playing at a high level after the loss of Odom early on.

 

This Bengals defense is on the cusp of emerging into the type of dominating and physical unit that a team can ride to the Super Bowl. I think they're just a piece or two and a little more experience away from getting there.

 

Of course, they also need to get Palmer some help in the passing game. Ideally, somebody from the current roster would emerge, but that doesn't seem likely.

 

Cincinnati has positioned themselves, with the right moves, to have a very competitive team for the next several years. A great defense and a top notch QB...that formula can win a Super Bowl.

:thumb:

 

The defense has lost three starters in Odom, Williams and Crocker... things are running a bit thin, especially in the secondary. They seem to be set at LB and CB for awhile and need to get younger at Safety. All in all it's certainly a defense to be excited about. Let's hope Zim is here next year and for years to come.

I was impressed with Quan Cosby this Sunday (3 Rec, 47 Yds). His catch to get them into FG position late in the game was outstanding. It'd be nice if he becomes the receiver Simpson should have been.

Crowd hurt the Bengals. That shouldn't happen in professional football. When I was watching, I could tell that Benson didn't get the play from Palmer because of the crowd noise. Palmer was in the shotgun w/ 2 backs. He went to hand the ball off to Benson, and #32 was nowhere to be found. Palmer ran forward on what turned out to be a QB draw.

 

The penalties are killing us. Either Palmer needs to do a better job or Bratkowski needs to give him the plays earlier. The penalties are inexcusable.

 

Caldwell's fumble was crazy. I've never seen a ball shoot out like that. He needs to take better care of the football.

 

This team needs a top notch, ball hawking safety.

 

futurecoach - The team is not "a joke", but some of the things they do are a "joke". Many of the penalties are a result of mental lapses, which should not occur in the NFL. That's where the frustration comes from.

 

JP Foschi had a solid game. He had a few penalties, but I thought he played well.

 

Dare I say that this outcome was not a surprise? I had hoped they would pull it out, but San Diego is great in Dec, we don't play well on the west coast and the emotional aspect is difficult to predict. We fought hard and had a great opportunity to pull one out. Just couldn't pull it off.

 

On to Kansas City...

Did Simpson catch a pass? I really expected big things out of him. :rolleyes:

Did Simpson catch a pass? I really expected big things out of him. :rolleyes:

 

:lol:

Did Simpson catch a pass? I really expected big things out of him. :rolleyes:

 

:lol:

 

Obviously this is directed at me. Please show me where I said that Simpson would do good? I did say it was worth the shot, because Purify sure wasn't doing anything. As I said Simpson definitely couldn't do any worst than what we were getting, and that is true. He had no catches just like the other guy we had been playing. Nice try though...

 

You laugh and stuff with me saying that. However what is so wrong about giving him a chance. Common sense tells me that if you have a guy with talent, and the guy in front of him was doing absolutely nothing. Then might as well at least give the guy with talent a shot. Its really not crazy thinking at all, just common sense and I will leave it at that. :sssh::thumb:

Obviously this is directed at me. Please show me where I said that Simpson would do good? I did say it was worth the shot, because Purify sure wasn't doing anything. As I said Simpson definitely couldn't do any worst than what we were getting, and that is true. He had no catches just like the other guy we had been playing. Nice try though...

 

You laugh and stuff with me saying that. However what is so wrong about giving him a chance. Common sense tells me that if you have a guy with talent, and the guy in front of him was doing absolutely nothing. Then might as well at least give the guy with talent a shot. Its really not crazy thinking at all, just common sense and I will leave it at that. :sssh::thumb:

 

....

I have seen everyone on here liking to toot their own horn when they are right about something. So I am going to do that too, especially when most people thought I was wrong. You can guarntee that if Simpson does well, that I will do the same about that too. :thumb::D

I just read on Bengals.com that the Bengals have cut Purify, and signed Shaun Smith back on to the team on the DL. So Simpson is expected to dress for the first time this year.

 

I mentioned in another thread, that they should at least give him a shot and see if he could help get the passing game going. I know I was right about the Chris Henry thing hurting this offense when he got hurt, so hopefully I am right about this being able to help get the passing game going again. :D

 

:idunno:

....

 

 

 

:idunno:

 

Hmmm what does that prove? I still don't see anywhere where I said I think he will do good. I said I think it worth the shot to let him play. Which many of you all seemed to disagree about that. So I said if he does well, I will make sure to say how I was one of the few to suggest to give him a chance. Definitely no where did I say that I thought that he would do well. I just said it was worth the shot, and those quotes of mine you posted say that. But nice try, better luck next time. :sssh:

 

Merry Christmas to you. :thumb:

Hmmm what does that prove? I still don't see anywhere where I said I think he will do good. I said I think it worth the shot to let him play. Which many of you all seemed to disagree about that. So I said if he does well, I will make sure to say how I was one of the few to suggest to give him a chance. Definitely no where did I say that I thought that he would do well. I just said it was worth the shot, and those quotes of mine you posted say that. But nice try, better luck next time. :sssh:

 

Merry Christmas to you. :thumb:

 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

How does this...

"so hopefully I am right about this being able to help get the passing game going again."

 

... not translate into you thinking he will be able to get the passing game going? I would assume he will need to play well to get it going right?

Then my favorite part is that you claim you haven't said he will do well, but if he does, you will toot your horn about it. :lol: :ohbrother:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.