Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Howard out at Pikeville?

Featured Replies

That is what I have heard, but just looking for confirmation.

 

Anyone?

I spoke to a buddy from up that area last night and he said he thought he was out? I hope that is not the case for young men on the team.

They need give someone a chance! That is too much of a "Traditional" Program to not have stability. It seems to me that people will shy away from this job due to this.

Any specific reason as to why he will be out? Didn't he just take over?

If I absolutely had to guess, I would say this isn't because of the results on the football field.

After 1 year? Unless he resigned on his own this would be a shock. Especially with him being an alumni. There schedule is brutal for a class A school, out of the district. There district is one of the worst in the state. Still a pretty good job, IMO.

After 1 year? Unless he resigned on his own this would be a shock. Especially with him being an alumni. There schedule is brutal for a class A school, out of the district. There district is one of the worst in the state. Still a pretty good job, IMO.

 

I don't think he was fired, I'm hearing it was more of a "forced to resign." And again, I don't think this was because of this year's season record or their first round playoff loss.

I hope Pikeville can get it together. They need some stability and the turnover for coaches in their program has been pretty bad. If they are looking for someone new, what quality coach will they be able to find if they can not commit to supporting someone longterm. (or at least for more than a season.)

I hope Pikeville can get it together. They need some stability and the turnover for coaches in their program has been pretty bad. If they are looking for someone new, what quality coach will they be able to find if they can not commit to supporting someone longterm. (or at least for more than a season.)

 

IMO, they should have never let McNamee, the coach from 99-2003, go. McNamee went across the mountain to Pike Central, but this past year was an assistant coach for the Panthers. I'd say that's who will end up back at the helm in Pikeville, which is sad because he's a great coach, and had they just let him stay, imagine the stability and growth he could have brought to the program. Hopefully someone at Pikeville learns not to fix what isn't BROKEN!

He resigned for personal reasons.

IMO, they should have never let McNamee, the coach from 99-2003, go. McNamee went across the mountain to Pike Central, but this past year was an assistant coach for the Panthers. I'd say that's who will end up back at the helm in Pikeville, which is sad because he's a great coach, and had they just let him stay, imagine the stability and growth he could have brought to the program. Hopefully someone at Pikeville learns not to fix what isn't BROKEN!

 

:thumb: Agree 100% Hopefully McNamee will take this program back over and give it the stability it needs.

Hate to hear that about Ben.

 

I second what many have said about Chris McNamee. Good solid person as well as a good football coach.

 

Hoping for the best for a place I've got a lot of fond memories.

Ben is a fine young man and comes from a great family. His dad Hillard Howard , as many of you may know did a lot for football in our state , especially in our part of the state( Eastern ). Very disappointed in the way things turned out for Ben. However the Adm. had no choice this time around in making it's decision. The Pikevillle community, Alumni, fans, & School All had great hopes for this football program, but it didn't happen. We hope that one day Pikeville can return to its greatness like it once was.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.