Problem with another proposal

BigStud

The proposal about setting boundaries or geographic lines to where both private and public schools can draw students. Does the KHSAA truly this dimwitted? Catholic schools cannot draw lines. The KHSAA does not overrule the governing body of each schools Diocese. The proposals are laughable as I go down the list.

The proposal about setting boundaries or geographic lines to where both private and public schools can draw students. Does the KHSAA truly this dimwitted? Catholic schools cannot draw lines. The KHSAA does not overrule the governing body of each schools Diocese. The proposals are laughable as I go down the list.

1. They are not saying how the Diocese can determine districts. They are only defining it for athletic participation.

2. They are not drawing lines for private schools other than a 20 mile radius for athletic participation.

3. As far as I know , this probably affects less than 5 or 10 kids in NKY.

4. I bet this one passes.

1. They are not saying how the Diocese can determine districts. They are only defining it for athletic participation.

2. They are not drawing lines for private schools other than a 20 mile radius for athletic participation.

3. As far as I know , this probably affects less than 5 or 10 kids in NKY.

4. I bet this one passes.

As far as number 2, there are plenty of kids in my parish who have attended catholic school from K through 8 and they do not live within the 20 mile boundary. I can think of a lot of parishes in metro Louisville that are more than 20 miles from X or T. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

As far as number 2, there are plenty of kids in my parish who have attended catholic school from K through 8 and they do not live within the 20 mile boundary. I can think of a lot of parishes in metro Louisville that are more than 20 miles from X or T. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Now if they wanted to make the boundary for the Catholic schools in Louisville the Archdiocese of Louisville, then maybe that would be something that would appease those who complain we have no boundaries. On the other hand what of those Trinity Alums who live in southern Indiana and want their boys to play for the Rocks? Is it fair to keep a part of our Trinity family from fully participating in our athletic programs?

If there is no acceptance to this on any front, then continue to expect Prop 20 to come up again and again. The days of being able to take from anywhere at anytime is coming to an end. The other concept to just let everyone, play anywhere has absolutely no support. As for the Diocese being a boundary, that I do not think will fly.

Now if they wanted to make the boundary for the Catholic schools in Louisville the Archdiocese of Louisville, then maybe that would be something that would appease those who complain we have no boundaries. On the other hand what of those Trinity Alums who live in southern Indiana and want their boys to play for the Rocks? Is it fair to keep a part of our Trinity family from fully participating in our athletic programs?

You guys realize that the Archdiocese of Louisville extends FAR beyond Louisville, don't you?

Counties affected:

Oldham

Spencer

Bullitt

Hardin

Nelson

Shelby

Marion

Casey

Metcalfe

Monroe

Washington

Clinton

Adair

Barren

Cumberland

Green

Russell

Henry

Meade

LaRue

Taylor

Hart

(Reads like the last tornado warning I saw on TV :lol:)

If there is no acceptance to this on any front, then continue to expect Prop 20 to come up again and again. The days of being able to take from anywhere at anytime is coming to an end. The other concept to just let everyone, play anywhere has absolutely no support. As for the Diocese being a boundary, that I do not think will fly.

So, what do you propose?

So, what do you propose?

I am not proposing anything but I believe the thought process is the state has established the public school lines and I suspect there will be a fairly strong chance the private boundaries will have to reflect the general lines, where it can apply. In the end, I see the boundary lines to be fairly generous to the private schools.

I am not proposing anything but I believe the thought process is the state has established the public school lines and I suspect there will be a fairly strong chance the private boundaries will have to reflect the general lines, where it can apply. In the end, I see the boundary lines to be fairly generous to the private schools.

I don't think that 20 miles is very good. It is far too close.

Isn't that what CovCath's boundary is? Not for nothing, but they are indeed religiously affiliated schools should they not have a religiously affiliated boundary?

Isn't that what CovCath's boundary is? Not for nothing, but they are indeed religiously affiliated schools should they not have a religiously affiliated boundary?

CCH has no boundary. No Catholic school in NKY has a boundary as far as permitting kids to attend. CCH had a kid from Owenton a few years ago. NDA has a girl that lives in Williamstown.

CCH has no boundary. No Catholic school in NKY has a boundary as far as permitting kids to attend. CCH had a kid from Owenton a few years ago. NDA has a girl that lives in Williamstown.

I'd LOVE the numbers on how many SA's at CCH and ND live outside of 20 miles...