September 16, 200521 yr The proposal about setting boundaries or geographic lines to where both private and public schools can draw students. Does the KHSAA truly this dimwitted? Catholic schools cannot draw lines. The KHSAA does not overrule the governing body of each schools Diocese. The proposals are laughable as I go down the list.
September 16, 200521 yr The proposal about setting boundaries or geographic lines to where both private and public schools can draw students. Does the KHSAA truly this dimwitted? Catholic schools cannot draw lines. The KHSAA does not overrule the governing body of each schools Diocese. The proposals are laughable as I go down the list. 1. They are not saying how the Diocese can determine districts. They are only defining it for athletic participation. 2. They are not drawing lines for private schools other than a 20 mile radius for athletic participation. 3. As far as I know , this probably affects less than 5 or 10 kids in NKY. 4. I bet this one passes.
September 16, 200521 yr 1. They are not saying how the Diocese can determine districts. They are only defining it for athletic participation. 2. They are not drawing lines for private schools other than a 20 mile radius for athletic participation. 3. As far as I know , this probably affects less than 5 or 10 kids in NKY. 4. I bet this one passes. As far as number 2, there are plenty of kids in my parish who have attended catholic school from K through 8 and they do not live within the 20 mile boundary. I can think of a lot of parishes in metro Louisville that are more than 20 miles from X or T. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
September 16, 200521 yr As far as number 2, there are plenty of kids in my parish who have attended catholic school from K through 8 and they do not live within the 20 mile boundary. I can think of a lot of parishes in metro Louisville that are more than 20 miles from X or T. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Now if they wanted to make the boundary for the Catholic schools in Louisville the Archdiocese of Louisville, then maybe that would be something that would appease those who complain we have no boundaries. On the other hand what of those Trinity Alums who live in southern Indiana and want their boys to play for the Rocks? Is it fair to keep a part of our Trinity family from fully participating in our athletic programs?
September 16, 200521 yr I'm in favor of this one in some form. I don't think the private schools should have an unlimited area to pull from for athletics. It not only hurts the publics, it hurts other private schools.
September 16, 200521 yr If there is no acceptance to this on any front, then continue to expect Prop 20 to come up again and again. The days of being able to take from anywhere at anytime is coming to an end. The other concept to just let everyone, play anywhere has absolutely no support. As for the Diocese being a boundary, that I do not think will fly.
September 16, 200521 yr Now if they wanted to make the boundary for the Catholic schools in Louisville the Archdiocese of Louisville, then maybe that would be something that would appease those who complain we have no boundaries. On the other hand what of those Trinity Alums who live in southern Indiana and want their boys to play for the Rocks? Is it fair to keep a part of our Trinity family from fully participating in our athletic programs? You guys realize that the Archdiocese of Louisville extends FAR beyond Louisville, don't you? Counties affected: Oldham Spencer Bullitt Hardin Nelson Shelby Marion Casey Metcalfe Monroe Washington Clinton Adair Barren Cumberland Green Russell Henry Meade LaRue Taylor Hart (Reads like the last tornado warning I saw on TV :lol:)
September 16, 200521 yr If there is no acceptance to this on any front, then continue to expect Prop 20 to come up again and again. The days of being able to take from anywhere at anytime is coming to an end. The other concept to just let everyone, play anywhere has absolutely no support. As for the Diocese being a boundary, that I do not think will fly. So, what do you propose?
September 16, 200521 yr So, what do you propose? I am not proposing anything but I believe the thought process is the state has established the public school lines and I suspect there will be a fairly strong chance the private boundaries will have to reflect the general lines, where it can apply. In the end, I see the boundary lines to be fairly generous to the private schools.
September 16, 200521 yr I am not proposing anything but I believe the thought process is the state has established the public school lines and I suspect there will be a fairly strong chance the private boundaries will have to reflect the general lines, where it can apply. In the end, I see the boundary lines to be fairly generous to the private schools. I don't think that 20 miles is very good. It is far too close.
September 16, 200521 yr If there is no acceptance to this on any front, then continue to expect Prop 20 to come up again and again. The days of being able to take from anywhere at anytime is coming to an end. The other concept to just let everyone, play anywhere has absolutely no support. As for the Diocese being a boundary, that I do not think will fly. Isn't that what CovCath's boundary is? Not for nothing, but they are indeed religiously affiliated schools should they not have a religiously affiliated boundary?
September 17, 200521 yr Isn't that what CovCath's boundary is? Not for nothing, but they are indeed religiously affiliated schools should they not have a religiously affiliated boundary? CCH has no boundary. No Catholic school in NKY has a boundary as far as permitting kids to attend. CCH had a kid from Owenton a few years ago. NDA has a girl that lives in Williamstown.
September 17, 200521 yr CCH has no boundary. No Catholic school in NKY has a boundary as far as permitting kids to attend. CCH had a kid from Owenton a few years ago. NDA has a girl that lives in Williamstown. I'd LOVE the numbers on how many SA's at CCH and ND live outside of 20 miles...
September 17, 200521 yr What about public school boundaries in Jefferson County....draw a 20-mile radius around those also??
September 17, 200521 yr I'd LOVE the numbers on how many SA's at CCH and ND live outside of 20 miles... I think you'd be shocked at how few you'd have outside 20 miles!!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.