Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Problem with another proposal

Featured Replies

I'd LOVE the numbers on how many SA's at CCH and ND live outside of 20 miles...

 

I don't know if there are any this year at CCH. The kid I referenced graduated in 2004.

 

Same with NDA. The girl I referenced rows.

I think you'd be shocked at how few you'd have outside 20 miles!!

No I wouldn't. As cshs pointed out, there isn't any...

20 miles isnt far enough. I commuted 23 miles (one way) to X on a daily basis and I didnt play a single sport at X.

Should public schools also be limited to the 20 mile radius?

 

The only way this is remotely a fair determinination is if the distance set is equal to the largest distance that an eligible athlete at any public school (including open schools like Male and Manual) has to travel to get to school. Otherwise it is discriminitory to apply it to private schools without also applying it to public schools.

 

I'm sure that the proposals author, call me Mr. Jim Sexton, has no problem if kids want to attend Eastern and travel more then 20 miles.

I say go with Prop 1 and add this to it. You got to sit a year if you go to a school outside of your resides area in Jefferson County.

I don't think that 20 miles is very good. It is far too close.

 

 

It would not even be all of Jefferson county, now that seems weird to me...

It would not even be all of Jefferson county, now that seems weird to me...

20 miles, as the crow flies? The only area I couldn't reach from where Trinity sits, working it out on a map, was the far south west corner... how many athletes do the Rocks get from Kosmosdale?

 

The 20 mile limit borders on silly, in my opinion.

I say go with Prop 1 and add this to it. You got to sit a year if you go to a school outside of your resides area in Jefferson County.

So is Manual just not going to have freshman teams? :lol:

 

JCPS would never agree to that. They're married to the magnet school system of open enrollment. Forgedabodit.

20 miles isnt far enough. I commuted 23 miles (one way) to X on a daily basis and I didnt play a single sport at X.

 

You, then, would not be affected by this proposal.

As I stated in another thread. There is no guarantee it will be 20 miles. That can be ammended the day of the vote to a much lower number.

I'd LOVE the numbers on how many SA's at CCH and ND live outside of 20 miles...

 

At CCH, I can only think of 1, and that is the one that cshs referenced to. He graduated in 2004, and was a 3rd string football player who saw the field once (maybe twice), and his only stats were a dropped pass.

 

There have been quite a few kids who would be right on the border...Union, Hebron & Burlington are dangerously close to 20 miles to Covington Catholic, and as those cities continue to grow, I'd imagine there will be some problems; however, who is to judge whether the kid lives within 20 miles? There are quite a few technicalities that would need to be settled, or else there will be even more problems.

As I stated in another thread. There is no guarantee it will be 20 miles. That can be ammended the day of the vote to a much lower number.

As I stated in another thread, that would be a move intended to agitate the Privates to leave KHSAA altogether and I don't think that's the intent.

As I stated in another thread, that would be a move intended to agitate the Privates to leave KHSAA altogether and I don't think that's the intent.

 

Me thinks you might be underestimating the unhappiness and jealousy of the masses. :D

Me thinks you might be underestimating the unhappiness and jealousy of the masses. :D

Maybe some would like that, but I don't think that 2/3rds could be mustered.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.