Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 2010

Featured Replies

Can anyone even compete with Highlands in 2010?

 

Really no one in KY has even competed with them in 3 years; will they come back to the pack somewhat or will it be business as usual in Ft. Thomas???

  • Replies 73
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will still be very good.

 

They will not be as good as this year.

 

No way.

Well, one thing's for sure... they lose A LOT of talent and leadership in this year's senior class.

Can anyone even compete with Highlands in 2010?

 

Really no one in KY has even competed with them in 3 years; will they come back to the pack somewhat or will it be business as usual in Ft. Thomas???

 

Well, they've taken state, but didn't Bryan Station lose a close one to them in the first round last year?

The Birds lose a lot but they also re-load. It might not be an undefeated season but they should still be the top Class 3A team competing at the 5A level.

The Birds lose a lot but they also re-load. It might not be an undefeated season but they should still be the top Class 3A team competing at the 5A level.

 

Do they hand out trophies for that?

Can anyone even compete with Highlands in 2010?

 

Really no one in KY has even competed with them in 3 years; will they come back to the pack somewhat or will it be business as usual in Ft. Thomas???

 

How about we save this thread for next spring ? 2009 football season has only been over for about a half an hour. (JMO) :isurrender:

^ This is what's expected when you are a powerhouse.....and I think it is just.....what does Highlands bring to the table in 2010? I am sure they'll be the favorite to repeat, but at what percentage is that likely?

I know they return a lot on defense, although they lose their best defensive player in Roller. On offense Towles should be solid at QB and I suspect that Streeter will get a lot of carries in the backfield, along with Compton and True. I think both Gall and Gold return at the WR position. Highlands has a good kicker who is also returning. The offensive line will need to be overhauled.

 

The team graduates one Collinsworth but gets another one... as Jac will be a sophomore in 2010.

 

I think one big difference between 2009 and 2010 may be depth... HHS really had it this year, and I would think that they won't have as much depth next year.

^ I wonder if Bruns will be used on offense at all. He will be one of the top corners in the state next 2 years.

Being the powerhouse that they are, doesn't almost become anti-climatic after the win....it's on to next year. Thankfully, you get to celebrate it for awhile, but come January 1, I'm sure they are on to next year....

They will still be very good.

 

They will not be as good as this year.

 

No way.

 

Your right.....not many teams out there can boast that they were 3 TD's better than the competition....I like our chances already in 2010

5A will be more competitive next year, I predict.

 

Does anyone know what non-district games Highlands will be playing in 2010? I'm pretty sure that the Cincy St. X contract was for only one year. What about Cincy Withrow, Manual, Boone County, Ryle and Beechwood?

 

I understand why it had to be done, but I hope that Highlands doesn't have to play a team twice next year, like they did this year with Ryle.

I know they return a lot on defense, although they lose their best defensive player in Roller. On offense Towles should be solid at QB and I suspect that Streeter will get a lot of carries in the backfield, along with Compton and True. I think both Gall and Gold return at the WR position. Highlands has a good kicker who is also returning. The offensive line will need to be overhauled.

 

The team graduates one Collinsworth but gets another one... as Jac will be a sophomore in 2010.

 

I think one big difference between 2009 and 2010 may be depth... HHS really had it this year, and I would think that they won't have as much depth next year.

 

A little harsh, don't you think? Yes, they are losing 3 outstanding seniors, but remember, the 2008 State Champ team started the year with only one returning starter, Adam Dempsey, and still managed to put together a good line.

 

Coach Turner has worked magic before, and I expect him to do it again next season.

Next season the Dixie and Ryle games won't be as easy as they were this season and I think its great. I would much rather watch a good competetive game than a drubbing with a running clock.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.