Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would eliminating the bye week solve 2 problems?

Featured Replies

KHSAA could reserve Thanksgiving Week.

 

Coaches could go without missing work.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have already eliminated the bye week. The only teams with byes this year were those that elected to give up one of the two preseason scrimmages and start their regular season schedule one week early.

Eliminate the first two rounds of the playoffs!

^

What he said!

In Tn, in 2a and 1a, they only have 24 teams make the playoffs. The top team in each of the 8 regions get a 1st round bye. The 2nd place team in each region also get an automatic playoff berth, but, then, the TSSAA decides what final 8 teams will receive the at-large bids. Some regions get 2 bids, others may get 4 in the stronger regions. I kinda like that plan.

What problem is it we’re trying to solve? The only problem I have (and the 75 Monroe Co. Players) is that our season ended last week, a week sooner than we would have liked. Coach Petett is already trying to figure out how to extend next season...

 

I have never understood where these complaints about how long the season is come from, I doubt it comes from players, coaches or true fans of the game...

I have never understood where these complaints about how long the season is come from, I doubt it comes from players, coaches or true fans of the game...

Me neither, it always amazes me when people want to shorten football season. Is 10 games, and 15 for a few teams, to many? Really? Why shorten it?

I don't think the length of the season is too long by any means, but, I would like to see the Championships played on Thanksgiving weekend vs 1st week of Dec.. It would seem alot more people are off work that week which should mean bigger crowds. I would just like to see the season started a week earlier or no bye weeks.

I don't think the season is too long. I wish ours lasted one more week. I don't think eliminating the bye week was a problem, though that's already been done. Losing a second scrimmage game to get a bye week in the season makes it tough to get ready for the early games. My suggestion is to eliminate the three and four seeds. Yeah there is always a three seed which makes some noise in the playoffs (ie Sheldon Clark this year), but somebody has to lose. Rather than end a week earlier, start a week later. That way you limit some of the hard practices in the worst of the heat.

 

Just some random thoughts.

I don't think the length of the season is too long by any means, but, I would like to see the Championships played on Thanksgiving weekend vs 1st week of Dec.. It would seem alot more people are off work that week which should mean bigger crowds. I would just like to see the season started a week earlier or no bye weeks.

 

Back in the days of old.. and leather helmets, the games were played on Thanksgiving Day at the University of Kentucky. Not sure why the format changed...

 

I think the real issue for improving the playoff picture in Kentucky is not reducing the number of games played but increasing the quality of teams that make it to the playoffs.

Me neither, it always amazes me when people want to shorten football season. Is 10 games, and 15 for a few teams, to many? Really? Why shorten it?

:thumb:

 

The length of the season is fine. More practice time on the front end would be my only change!

The system is fine and it is actually starting to resemble what used to be the best format that we were all used to in the mid-to-late 90's. With the exception of 6 classes. I'm amazed at how many radicals have shown up on BGP these last few weeks in terms of football. Shorten football, I mean why did anyone who feels that way pay for a BGP membership?

 

I can only figure the only football fans who would want to eliminate 2 playoff games are those fans whose teams always get to a regional finals, newsflash.....that would seriously destroy KY High School Football in a couple of years in relation to other states.

Eliminate the first two rounds of the playoffs!

 

If that were the case Paducah Tilghman would not be in the championship!!!!:D

I don't think the length of the season is too long by any means, but, I would like to see the Championships played on Thanksgiving weekend vs 1st week of Dec.. It would seem alot more people are off work that week which should mean bigger crowds. I would just like to see the season started a week earlier or no bye weeks.

 

Yes, those people are off work to visit family...I feel certain it would kill attendance for those not playing in the finals. Many might choose not to show up due to THANKSGIVING at Grandma's house! Leave it the way it is

KHSAA could reserve Thanksgiving Week.

 

Coaches could go without missing work.

 

 

 

How are either a problem?

 

Coaches can take a personal day and what is wrong with the finals being the week after thanksgiving?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.