Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the AFC North down this year?

Featured Replies

The Steelers will win their next two games and move to 8-5 with Troy coming back watch out for the Steelers in the Playoffs.

If the Steelers make the playoffs, they are as apt to win it all as anyone else. But they will need to win out, IMO. There will be a 10-6 team at the house watching the playoffs this year if I were guessing.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Steelers make the playoffs, they are as apt to win it all as anyone else. But they will need to win out, IMO. There will be a 10-6 team at the house watching the playoffs this year if I were guessing.

 

If they can get healthy, particularly a healthy Roethlisberger and Polamalu, I agree.

 

The gap between the top teams record-wise and the #6 playoff team in today's NFL generally isn't that wide.

NFL rankings in points per game:

 

1. Cincinnati

5. Baltimore

9. Pittsburgh

NFL rankings in points per game:

 

1. Cincinnati

5. Baltimore

9. Pittsburgh

 

Obviously you mean defensively.

First answer that I think is a quality answer.:thumb:

 

Now, will that translate into success in the playoffs.

It has in the past years with Steelers and Ravens.

 

Or will the Bengals do as they did with Houston and Raiders?:irked:

 

It should translate into playoff success. Like you mentioned it has for the Steelers and Ravens recently. Scoring points is great, but winning tough grind it out games in the weather is what usually gets you to the SB. Hopefully SD or NE catch the Colts in Indy. I think they would both beat them in the playoffs.

It should translate into playoff success. Like you mentioned it has for the Steelers and Ravens recently. Scoring points is great, but winning tough grind it out games in the weather is what usually gets you to the SB. Hopefully SD or NE catch the Colts in Indy. I think they would both beat them in the playoffs.

 

 

I would say Chargers, they always manage to beat the Colts.

I would say Chargers, they always manage to beat the Colts.

 

Everyone does w/ the exception of one year. The Pats blew a huge lead in that game too.

I don't have a dog in the fight but I think it's down. Pittsburgh and Baltimore are not as good as they were last year, the Browns are awful, and Cincy is actually pretty good. Still possibly may be the best, but not having the Ravens and Steelers play well really hurts them IMO.

I don't have a dog in the fight but I think it's down. Pittsburgh and Baltimore are not as good as they were last year, the Browns are awful, and Cincy is actually pretty good. Still possibly may be the best, but not having the Ravens and Steelers play well really hurts them IMO.

 

Why is it that people say the Steelers and Ravens just aren't playing well or as good just because they have 5 losses? I mean that is pretty much a put down of the Bengals to say that. Think about it, say if the Bengals were just bad like last year. Then both teams instead of getting swept by the Bengals would have swept them instead. So both teams would have only 3 losses each, and everyone would be talking about how these two teams are two of the best in football. The only reason why they are now in danger of missing the playoffs is because the Bengals are now a good team and was able to beat them both. Its not because those teams aren't as good, the Bengals just got that much better. I mean if it wasn't for the Bengals those teams would only have 3 losses each and that is not bad at all. They both would be tied for the 2 seed in the AFC...

Why is it that people say the Steelers and Ravens just aren't playing well or as good just because they have 5 losses? I mean that is pretty much a put down of the Bengals to say that. Think about it, say if the Bengals were just bad like last year. Then both teams instead of getting swept by the Bengals would have swept them instead. So both teams would have only 3 losses each, and everyone would be talking about how these two teams are two of the best in football. The only reason why they are now in danger of missing the playoffs is because the Bengals are now a good team and was able to beat them both. Its not because those teams aren't as good, the Bengals just got that much better. I mean if it wasn't for the Bengals those teams would only have 3 losses each and that is not bad at all. They both would be tied for the 2 seed in the AFC...

 

Not at all, at least from me. Steelers are a totally different team with Polamalu healthy, and the Ravens just seem older or something. The Bengals have a good team this year and would be competitive any year with this team. But, normally I wouldn't think anyone would sweep this division, unless it was a Super Bowl team. Cincy could get there, but it would take some bounces IMO.

I don't have a dog in the fight but I think it's down. Pittsburgh and Baltimore are not as good as they were last year, the Browns are awful, and Cincy is actually pretty good. Still possibly may be the best, but not having the Ravens and Steelers play well really hurts them IMO.

 

It is down, but still is probably the best division?

 

I'll take it.

It is down, but still is probably the best division?

 

I'll take it.

 

How is the division down, when the division now has three good teams instead of just two? I really would like someone to explain this to me. I mean for the division to be down, that means it probably has to be worst than last year. Which it obviously isn't since there was only two good teams last year and now there is three. If the Bengals were a bad team again then both Baltimore and Steelers would only have 3 losses. Would people be saying that it is not down then? I just really don't get it. This division is up especially compared to last season. So the first part I don't understand how people can say its down. However for the second part you are right, it is the best division in football IMO.

How is the division down, when the division now has three good teams instead of just two? I really would like someone to explain this to me. I mean for the division to be down, that means it probably has to be worst than last year. Which it obviously isn't since there was only two good teams last year and now there is three. If the Bengals were a bad team again then both Baltimore and Steelers would only have 3 losses. Would people be saying that it is not down then? I just really don't get it. This division is up especially compared to last season. So the first part I don't understand how people can say its down. However for the second part you are right, it is the best division in football IMO.

 

Well first of all, you have the world Champs, not playing like world champs. Last year this division had 2 of the best 3 teams in the AFC and they don't this year.

Well first of all, you have the world Champs, not playing like world champs. Last year this division had 2 of the best 3 teams in the AFC and they don't this year.

 

How do we know they don't? I mean we didn't know that last year until the AFC Championship. Not to mention the AFC North also had two of the worst teams in the whole NFL.

 

Now this year at this point, the AFC North has what would be the #2 seed in the AFC, and two teams that are tied for the last playoffs spot in the playoffs. So last yer the AFC North only had two good teams. This year the AFC North has 3 good teams, one of them being right now the #2 seed in the AFC. While the other two are tied for the playoff spot. The AFC North right now has a chance to possibly send three teams to the playoffs. So the AFC North is not down at all, it is up if anything from last year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.