Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the AFC North down this year?

Featured Replies

The Bengals have done a great job winning the games on their schedule and putting themselves in great position.

 

I wonder if this Bengals team is truly a top tier team or succeeding because their division is down this year.

 

Presently, the Bengals stand 6-0 against the AFC North and 2-3 against the rest of the NFL.

 

Ravens stand 3-2 outside of the division with quality wins over Chargers and Broncos.

Steelers stand 5-2 outside of the division with quality wins over Vikings, Chargers and Broncos.

Browns have one lone victory and are horrible.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that the AFC North is down this year, I would say its more competitve than it has ever been. Every game is a battle.

No, it is not down. The Ravens started out strong and have lost primarily to teams within their own division. The Steelers have played well.

 

Both the Steelers & the Bengals had slip ups on the road against bad teams.

 

The Browns are down, but aren't they always?

  • Author
I don't think that the AFC North is down this year, I would say its more competitve than it has ever been. Every game is a battle.

 

Mediocre teams can have battles.

  • Author
No, it is not down. The Ravens started out strong and have lost primarily to teams within their own division. The Steelers have played well.

 

Both the Steelers & the Bengals had slip ups on the road against bad teams.

 

The Browns are down, but aren't they always?

 

I added this to my original post after you posted.

 

Ravens stand 3-2 outside of the division with quality wins over Chargers and Broncos.

Steelers stand 5-2 outside of the division with quality wins over Vikings, Chargers and Broncos.

Browns have one lone victory and are horrible.

I added this to my original post after you posted.

 

Ravens stand 3-2 outside of the division with quality wins over Chargers and Broncos.

Steelers stand 5-2 outside of the division with quality wins over Vikings, Chargers and Broncos.

Browns have one lone victory and are horrible.

 

The Broncos were one of the best teams through the 1st 6 games.

 

The Chargers are one of the best teams in the AFC.

 

The Vikings are a top 3 team in the NFL, according to most people.

 

I believe that the AFC North is one of, if not the toughest, divisions in all of football.

I added this to my original post after you posted.

 

Ravens stand 3-2 outside of the division with quality wins over Chargers and Broncos.

Steelers stand 5-2 outside of the division with quality wins over Vikings, Chargers and Broncos.

Browns have one lone victory and are horrible.

I would take the top three in the AFC North over the top three in any other division.

I don't think that the AFC North is down this year, I would say its more competitve than it has ever been. Every game is a battle.

 

:thumb:

 

The Steelers have played 6 games that have been decided by 7 points or less, including three overtime games. Their record in those games is 1-5 (1-2 in the OT games).

 

Baltimore has played 6 games decided by 7 points or less. Their record in those games is 2-4.

 

Cincinnati has played 7 games decided by 7 points or less. They are 5-2 in those games.

 

That is the difference in the three teams. Cincinnati has been winning the close games and the other two haven't. Such is often the case in the NFL today...the difference between 10 or 11 wins and 10 or 11 losses can often be razor thin.

  • Author
The Broncos were one of the best teams through the 1st 6 games.

 

The Chargers are one of the best teams in the AFC.

 

The Vikings are a top 3 team in the NFL, according to most people.

 

I believe that the AFC North is one of, if not the toughest, divisions in all of football.

 

If you are going to say that the Broncos were one of the best teams through the 1st 6 games, than you can't claim the Chargers as one of the best as they were playing as bad as the Broncos were playing good at the beginning of the season.

 

They started the season 2-3.

 

No disagreement on Vikings.

  • Author
:thumb:

 

The Steelers have played 6 games that have been decided by 7 points or less, including three overtime games. Their record in those games is 1-5 (1-2 in the OT games).

 

Baltimore has played 6 games decided by 7 points or less. Their record in those games is 2-4.

 

Cincinnati has played 7 games decided by 7 points or less. They are 5-2 in those games.

 

That is the difference in the three teams. Cincinnati has been winning the close games and the other two haven't. Such is often the case in the NFL today...the difference between 10 or 11 wins and 10 or 11 losses can often be razor thin.

 

Explanation of the Bengals being 2-3 against the rest of the NFL?

 

I am just trying to figure out how good the Bengals are.

If you are going to say that the Broncos were one of the best teams through the 1st 6 games, than you can't claim the Chargers as one of the best as they were playing as bad as the Broncos were playing good at the beginning of the season.

 

No disagreement on Vikings.

 

What? That's some seriously flawed logic.

 

The Chargers are 8-3 (with 6 straight wins) and the Broncos are 7-4.

 

Who did the Chargers lose to early on? That's right, the Steelers, Ravens & Broncos.

I think that the AFC North teams have done their best to compete well against one another. Obviously you have 6 game in your division and must win there first. The Bengals have done the best job there. And as with most years, dealing with injuries and adversity is a major factor. The Steelers haven't done that well. I think the Ravens are non factors for playoff contention. I think the Steelers have to win out. I'd like to see the Bengals set themselves up for a homefield playoff game and possibly a bye. If for no other reason than it's possible that the Steelers would come to town and I may get to be in attendance. Of course the Steelers would have to start winning a few.:idunno:

  • Author
What?

 

The Chargers are 8-3 (with 6 straight wins) and the Broncos are 7-4.

 

Chargers have won 6 straight after starting the year off 2-3. Like Titans, they have found their rhythm but started off strong.

 

Weren't the Broncos 6-0 at one time? That would mean they are 1-4 in their last 5 games.

Explanation of the Bengals being 2-3 against the rest of the NFL?

 

I am just trying to figure out how good the Bengals are.

 

Week 1 - Fluke play + the Broncos aren't awful

 

Schaub went crazy against us, he's having a great year.

 

Raiders game was a huge let down after two big divisional wins.

 

The Bengals also won at Green Bay (7-4), the only team besides Minnesota to do so.

I'm sure some will say the North is down because Cincy sweep it. Sour grapes...

 

I remember the Pitt is gonna win the AFC hype starting up before Cincy went to Pitt and beat them. Now that Pitt has loss three in a row the division is down?

 

It's pretty simple. This is the NFL, you take any win you can get, I'd be willing to bet the North gets two playoff teams still.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.