Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Field

Featured Replies

Is there parking and do they have Turf, if so is the field fast or do they need Turf shoes or metal cleats. Heard it was old style of Turf and metal cleats were no good.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there parking and do they have Turf, if so is the field fast or do they need Turf shoes or metal cleats. Heard it was old style of Turf and metal cleats were no good.

 

Plenty of parking.... Biggest parking lot you have ever seen...Awesome!!!! :lol:

Is there parking and do they have Turf, if so is the field fast or do they need Turf shoes or metal cleats. Heard it was old style of Turf and metal cleats were no good.

 

Just kidding.. No parking except on street.. Get there early or walk a long way..Highlands has sports turf..Not astro turf...:D

Just kidding.. No parking except on street.. Get there early or walk a long way..Highlands has sports turf..Not astro turf...:D

 

Sports Turf and Field Turf....................Big Difference!!!!:lol:

When I was there two years ago I thought Highlands' turf looked more like a basement carpet.

Is there parking and do they have Turf, if so is the field fast or do they need Turf shoes or metal cleats. Heard it was old style of Turf and metal cleats were no good.

 

There won't be any of these making there way on Highlands field....:thumb:

When I was there two years ago I thought Highlands' turf looked more like a basement carpet.

 

We are in our 8th season of Field Turf....It is starting to wear a little bit.

We are in our 8th season of Field Turf....It is starting to wear a little bit.

 

I didn't necessarily mean it was bad; you could just see some wear and tear. It had a different appearance than some of the other fields I've seen, but perhaps that's its age showing.

We are in our 8th season of Field Turf....It is starting to wear a little bit.

 

Wow 8th season! Man, time flies

Wow 8th season! Man, time flies

 

Yes it does....

I've never been to a Highlands game!

 

You don't know what you are missing......:thumb::dancingpa

I didn't necessarily mean it was bad; you could just see some wear and tear. It had a different appearance than some of the other fields I've seen, but perhaps that's its age showing.

 

The field turf Highlands installed is actually a better product than the fields most schools are installing today. It has both, a rubber and sand base. Most fields installed today just have the rubber base. Also, this field does not become slippery when wet!!! A big plus.

 

Yes, the field looks a tad worn. That is due in large part to its exposure to the sun and other outdoor conditions after 7+ years, but better, due to all the many uses the field has provided to the youth of Ft Thomas! :thumb:

 

Are metal cleats sill street legal on grass fields?

I've never been to a Highlands game!

 

Me either and I can't wait to go this weekend. :clap::clap:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.