LUCK

St. Xavier/Geenwood Predictions  

100 members have voted

1. 1. St. Xavier/Geenwood Predictions

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen both teams play year and I don't think the X men have much to fear!

I watched a little ( okay, very little) of their game against Henderson and I am impressed with the QB. The kicker has a strong leg and the RB ran a sweep in for the first TD. The Greenwood line and backs did a good job of blocking and the back made a couple of moves to get into the end zone.

They ended up shutting out Henderson in the second half so defensively made some changes. Did I mention the call out for anyone in the area to come root for the Gators? The Tigers are walking into "the Swamp" and I can only think of John Hardin in 2005.

I watched a little ( okay, very little) of their game against Henderson and I am impressed with the QB. The kicker has a strong leg and the RB ran a sweep in for the first TD. The Greenwood line and backs did a good job of blocking and the back made a couple of moves to get into the end zone.

They ended up shutting out Henderson in the second half so defensively made some changes. Did I mention the call out for anyone in the area to come root for the Gators? The Tigers are walking into "the Swamp" and I can only think of John Hardin in 2005.

Can anyone enlighten us on the origin of the name ?

Has X's defense improved much this year since the Trinity game?

Is Buehner back to 100% and taking all the snaps?

Since the T game, X has played most of the games without three to four of their defensive starters due to various injuries. Not all are back yet,but, will be this week except one DB, who should be ready for the last game.Many 2nd's have gotten valuable experience in the last 5-6 weeks and Jermiah Neal has turned out to be the fastest LB around which now gives X an even better LB group than played the first T match.

OX

No need to scout or observe. We know what you have - in that steamroller of a team. We just hope to be competitive - that is if we can win one more game and even make it to BG.

After our season - it will be a thrill to just get back to the big game -- that is if we can get by SC.

PepRock: being the sandbagging cop that you are-why haven't you arrested this man?:D

Can anyone enlighten us on the origin of the name ?

PH has enlightened me on this story. In 1996, Greenwood hosted BGHS during a driving rainstorm. The Purples posted a come from behind 25-21 victory. We actually came up with the nickname of The Swamp because of the horrid field conditions. We did not think that Greenwood would take the name and make it an affectionate term for their field. They have taken great pride in it every since. Now you know the story!:thumb:

PH has enlightened me on this story. In 1996, Greenwood hosted BGHS during a driving rainstorm. The Purples posted a come from behind 25-21 victory. We actually came up with the nickname of The Swamp because of the horrid field conditions. We did not think that Greenwood would take the name and make it an affectionate term for their field. They have taken great pride in it every since. Now you know the story!:thumb:

Mrs.PH

Thank you for the info. Good Luck to your team tonight..............