Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County/Lexington Catholic Predictions

Who wins...Boyle County or Lexington Catholic? 127 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins...Boyle County or Lexington Catholic?

    • Boyle County
      67%
    • Lexington Catholic
      32%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This one will be close, but I agree that Boyle pretty much shut it down the

2nd half of their first meeting to not give away anything.

 

The Rebels win 28-13

 

Go Rebels.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boyle Co. by 14.

Not going to pick a winner just yet, put I would put money down that the winner doesnt win by anything more then a td.

 

I agree. I'm going to go with history and say (or is it hope? :D):

 

Boyle 21

Lex Cath 17

 

I look for this to be like the last 4 struggles and the late 90's early 00's games.

 

'97 Boyle won, don't know the score

'98 LC 44 Boyle 17

LC 28 Boyle 13

'99 Boyle 29 LC 21

Boyle 21 LC 17

'00 Boyle 16 LC 14

Boyle 18 LC 16

'04 LC 43 Boyle 42

'07 LC 18 Boyle 14

LC 41 Boyle 12

'08 Boyle 14 LC 11

Boyle 23 LC 16

'09 Boyle 21 LC 13

 

Couldn't go back further but it shows a great rivalry in which we shouldn't expect anything less. Boyle seems to lead series 8-5 but 9 of the games have been settled by 8 points or less. :thumb:

Not going to pick a winner just yet, put I would put money down that the winner doesnt win by anything more then a td.

 

I also agree :thumb: When these two play, it's going to be close. History always seems to repeat its self.

I think ON PAPER Boyle County wins pretty handily, but given the history of this rivalry I suspect it will be another pretty close affair. I predict a BC win by 7-10 points.

IMO i think this will be one of the better games in the state....I pick Boyle to win 21-14..but it could go either way. Good luck to both teams friday night.

I was at the first game and what I saw was a bunch of Boyle fans getting nervous in the 2nd half because Lex Cath figured out how to move the ball on their D. I am not saying LC wins but I bet the Boyle fans are a little more nervous than they are letting on!

  • Author
I was at the first game and what I saw was a bunch of Boyle fans getting nervous in the 2nd half because Lex Cath figured out how to move the ball on their D. I am not saying LC wins but I bet the Boyle fans are a little more nervous than they are letting on!

 

 

I'm not. I am actually looking forward to a competitive game that I think we will win.

 

I think a majority of Boyle fans are nervous about LexCath regardless of what happened in the last game. LexCath is enough to make most fans of any school nervous.

 

I was definitely more nervous about the LexCath playoff game last year than I am this year.

 

I do always enjoy a good analysis about our team and fans from people who have seen them play one time.:thumb:

 

LexCath sure couldn't move it late in the 4th when they needed to could they? Hmm....4 and out by LexCath and then two 11 yard runs by Rees sealed that game if I remember correctly. 13 points by them and 235 yards and 3 tds for Rees. Yeah, that's cause for concern. I guess I am a little nervous now.:isurrender:

Okay, let's do this.

 

Who wins and why?

 

The last meeting Boyle County won 21-13.

 

A lot of people said that LexCath shut Boyle County down in the 2nd half, some people said Boyle County closed the playbook and dared LexCath to score 22 points on them.

 

I say Boyle County played very close to the vest and dared LexCath to score 22 points knowing that we would likely face each other again.

 

I say Boyle County wins by 2 tds or more.

 

I'll say

 

Boyle County-28

 

Lexington Catholic-10

Let's be honest here. Boyle County's playbook consists of one thing. Hand the ball to McShara and hope he gets a big play. Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that for he is a great back, but how much of an expansive playbook does Boyle trully have?

  • Author
Let's be honest here. Boyle County's playbook consists of one thing. Hand the ball to McShara and hope he gets a big play. Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that for he is a great back, but how much of an expansive playbook does Boyle truly have?

 

More expansive than you think.

 

Is that your true feeling that all we do is hand it Rees and hope he breaks a big one? Seriously? I hope LexCath thinks that same way.

 

Rees as a RB is a luxury that very few teams have, but our offense consists of more than just handing it to Rees and watching him run. I can promise you that. In all reality, if I was French, I would give Rees the ball more.

More expansive than you think.

 

Is that your true feeling that all we do is hand it Rees and hope he breaks a big one? Seriously? I hope LexCath thinks that same way.

 

Rees as a RB is a luxury that very few teams have, but our offense consists of more than just handing it to Rees and watching him run. I can promise you that. In all reality, if I was French, I would give Rees the ball more.

I do truthfully believe that. Rees makes this team special. Average line. Average receivers. Average Quarterback. Rees makes this team look like worldbeaters. In the 3 games I've watched Boyle County I've yet to see a true sustained drive. Just big plays broken by Mr. Mcshara.

I do truthfully believe that. Rees makes this team special. Average line. Average receivers. Average Quarterback. Rees makes this team look like worldbeaters. In the 3 games I've watched Boyle County I've yet to see a true sustained drive. Just big plays broken by Mr. Mcshara.

 

Do you need a sustained drive if you break one for 52 yards? 65 yards? :lol:

 

I'll bet you used to say the same about Danville in the 80's and 90's when Jimmy Baughman, Donnie Redd, Kinte Bess or Joel Gray broke one every drive or so from mid-field or beyond. "Well, you know, Danville can't sustain a drive." :lol:

 

I share your concerns that the offense appears simple from a stat book perspective. But for the life of me I can't understand the above logic of, "Well, I've yet to see a sustained drive," when the goal of every drive is to "stick it in, stick it in, stick it in." (Old VPI chant) They can't help that they score just "too fast." :D

I was at the first game and what I saw was a bunch of Boyle fans getting nervous in the 2nd half because Lex Cath figured out how to move the ball on their D. I am not saying LC wins but I bet the Boyle fans are a little more nervous than they are letting on!

 

I'll be honest with you,I'm always nervous when Lexington Catholic comes to town. Thats just me,not saying the rest of Boyle fans get nervous about it.

Boyle has tougher kids and in the end that will be the difference. Rebels will win this one by 7-10 points.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.