Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Race to 2000 Wins

Featured Replies

ESPN will not recap UK's history and run to 2000 wins. They MAY do a small timeline that highlights certain dates (probably 4 or 5 dates) but IMO the news would be a lot bigger if it were to come with UNC grabbing that title first.

 

It'll be big regardless of who it is. With Calipari now at the reigns they'll also speculate how some think that he's ready and capable of making UK the king of college basketball again. It will happen ESPN eats up stuff like this.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone remember the first MLB team to 10,000 losses? Are stats like these recognized outside of schools like UNC, UK, DUKE, UCLA, IU etc. Do other fans care?

I think Kentucky can make it within the first 14 games.

It will take UNC about 18 games.

I wonder what they're overall winning percentages are.

UK 1st to 2K...Heck! I want UK to win them all, period! The past is the past. The game UK is playing is the most important to me no matter what number it is.

No it won't. Yes it'll probably be mentioned by local media and maybe ESPN after the game highlights BUT it's not a top story and no one really cares. Fans don't really care either, you are making this a much bigger story than what it should be.

 

And with your comment regarding "the fans of the team that doesn't" wouldn't either fan base say that because last time I checked they don't hand out national championships for reaching 2000 wins? :rolleyes:

 

I never said the media would make it a big deal. I said the fans of the school that gets there first will. UK fans are talking about this all over message boards.

 

And you just verified my second point w/ your response. The fans of the team that doesn't get there first will shrug it off, as if it means nothing to them, when in actuality it does.

I never said the media would make it a big deal. I said the fans of the school that gets there first will. UK fans are talking about this all over message boards.

 

And you just verified my second point w/ your response. The fans of the team that doesn't get there first will shrug it off, as if it means nothing to them, when in actuality it does.

 

 

I agree!! Any milestone that gets in a record book is something any fan will make a big deal for now and for years to come. It will become part of that school's media guide and their basketball history. The fans, of the team that does not reach 2000 first, will play it out as not that important. The race to this mark makes for a great start to the basketball season.

Been nice to start this UNC/UK game up to make it the 2000 win game. Have all cupcake games up till this one. Been a big money maker. I can see T-Shirts that have "WE GOT TO 2000 1st" on them now.

Does anyone remember the first MLB team to 10,000 losses? Are stats like these recognized outside of schools like UNC, UK, DUKE, UCLA, IU etc. Do other fans care?

 

The Phillies. That worked out pretty good for them, though.

  • Author

Current standing:

 

UK: 1989

UNC: 1986

 

Carolina plays Valpo today at 4:00.

  • Author

Update:

 

UK: 1989

UNC: 1987

 

Next game UK on Monday night vs. Miami (OH).

After watching UNC play twice, i'm glad that game isn't for 2k. I think they are ahead of us right now.

 

Make no mistake, I want UK to get there first, I guess I just don't find it as important.

 

After watching Carolina, I think Kentucky is much better. They're a tick slower, and not as efficient. They don't have Tyler to make it as easy in the post as they've had it in the past.

 

But I do agree that I want Kentucky first, and I would not want to face Carolina with the 2,000th on the line. Even though Kentucky is better, Carolina is still good.

1/10/10 V. Tech 7:45 PM, if UNC wins out. That would be 2000 wins.

12/21/09 DREXTEL 7:00 PM if UK wins out. That would be 2000 wins.

 

UK has four games between the two day aboves.

 

UK has UNC, UCONN and Indiana.

UNC had UK and Texas.

 

I think UK will get there but its going to be a good race. UK 2000 UNC 1997.

1/10/10 V. Tech 7:45 PM, if UNC wins out. That would be 2000 wins.

12/21/09 DREXTEL 7:00 PM if UK wins out. That would be 2000 wins.

 

UK has four games between the two day aboves.

 

UK has UNC, UCONN and Indiana.

UNC had UK and Texas.

 

I think UK will get there but its going to be a good race. UK 2000 UNC 1997.

 

I'd venture to say that Carolina will lose a game before then. Kentucky may as well. But being up four games on Carolina prior to the season starts, I think it's a fair statement to say that Kentucky will win 12 before Carolina will win 16.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.