Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Race to 2000 Wins

Featured Replies

Current score:

 

UK-1988

UNC-1986

 

UNC got a jump on UK by starting their season earlier than UK, but things should even up a bit next week as UK plays 3 times and UNC plays once. Here's the question, is this important? Personally, I think it is, because it's a big part of college hoops history. Who will get there first? After looking at their respective schedules, I think UK will win this one. Should happen in late Dec. or early Jan.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Current score:

 

UK-1988

UNC-1986

 

UNC got a jump on UK by starting their season earlier than UK, but things should even up a bit next week as UK plays 3 times and UNC plays once. Here's the question, is this important? Personally, I think it is, because it's a big part of college hoops history. Who will get there first? After looking at their respective schedules, I think UK will win this one. Should happen in late Dec. or early Jan.

 

Wrong again. UNC has already passed UK in wins several years ago, and UK took it back. So it's not a big deal. I think it's a much bigger deal to UNC fans. My good friend is a UNC fan, and it's all he talks about. I don't think you know UK fans very well. I think you are stereotyping big time.

 

Which is it?

  • Author

Let me clarify. I don't think the all time wins is that big of a deal as I have stated previously because it's changed hands previously, however I do think the first to 2K is a milestone. Let's not confuse the two, they are very different. One is a milestone and the other is not (it's a record).

I don't think it is very important who gets there first...that will be forgotten IMO. I like to needle my UNC friends that we have more (when we do), but that is about as far as it goes for me.

I believe it is important. I personally would like to see UK get there first.

 

Wouldn't it have been cool is the UK/UNC game on 12/5 would have been for 2k?

 

I'm thinking UK will get there against Long Beach State on 12/23 after looking at their schedule. If not then, it looks as though it will definitely occur at home. If I'm UK and they do get there first, I would make a BIG deal out of it that night with Banners, etc.!!!

I believe it is important. I personally would like to see UK get there first.

 

Wouldn't it have been cool is the UK/UNC game on 12/5 would have been for 2k?

 

I'm thinking UK will get there against Long Beach State on 12/23 after looking at their schedule. If not then, it looks as though it will definitely occur at home. If I'm UK and they do get there first, I would make a BIG deal out of it that night with Banners, etc.!!!

 

After watching UNC play twice, i'm glad that game isn't for 2k. I think they are ahead of us right now.

 

Make no mistake, I want UK to get there first, I guess I just don't find it as important.

Let me clarify. I don't think the all time wins is that big of a deal as I have stated previously because it's changed hands previously, however I do think the first to 2K is a milestone. Let's not confuse the two, they are very different. One is a milestone and the other is not (it's a record).

 

Backstepping?:D

After watching UNC play twice, i'm glad that game isn't for 2k. I think they are ahead of us right now.

 

Make no mistake, I want UK to get there first, I guess I just don't find it as important.

 

I feel it is important only because UK has had the lead for so long until UNC passed them and then UK passed them back, that I don't want to hear the UNC fans say they got there first. It is bad enough when UNC did take the lead all the comments... I just don't want them to have anymore ammunition than they already have.

 

UK will be fine. I checked UNC's schedule and I don't see them getting there until the first of the year.

 

At least the UNC game is in Rupp! That place will be rocking!!!!!

I would love to see UK get their first. I don't care so much if they keep the lead (they can always get it back later) as long as they reach 2000 first.

Looks like the statisticians better get cracking on digging up some old wins against high school or YMCA teams.

It will be huge to the fans of the team that gets there first.

 

The fans of the team that doesn't will shrug it off and say, "We're more concerned about a national championship."

It will be huge to the fans of the team that gets there first.

 

The fans of the team that doesn't will shrug it off and say, "We're more concerned about a national championship."

 

If forced to make a choice I'd rather see UK hang up #8.

It will be huge to the fans of the team that gets there first.

 

The fans of the team that doesn't will shrug it off and say, "We're more concerned about a national championship."

 

No it won't. Yes it'll probably be mentioned by local media and maybe ESPN after the game highlights BUT it's not a top story and no one really cares. Fans don't really care either, you are making this a much bigger story than what it should be.

 

And with your comment regarding "the fans of the team that doesn't" wouldn't either fan base say that because last time I checked they don't hand out national championships for reaching 2000 wins? :rolleyes:

No it won't. Yes it'll probably be mentioned by local media and maybe ESPN after the game highlights BUT it's not a top story and no one really cares. Fans don't really care either, you are making this a much bigger story than what it should be.

 

And with your comment regarding "the fans of the team that doesn't" wouldn't either fan base say that because last time I checked they don't hand out national championships for reaching 2000 wins? :rolleyes:

 

Mark my words you're wrong about that one. It will be the lead story for ESPN when it happens, especially if it's a good game or against a ranked opponent for either team. They will recap each programs storied history and probably talk about the race and show what all the two schools have accomplished.

Mark my words you're wrong about that one. It will be the lead story for ESPN when it happens, especially if it's a good game or against a ranked opponent for either team. They will recap each programs storied history and probably talk about the race and show what all the two schools have accomplished.

 

ESPN will not recap UK's history and run to 2000 wins. They MAY do a small timeline that highlights certain dates (probably 4 or 5 dates) but IMO the news would be a lot bigger if it were to come with UNC grabbing that title first.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.