November 11, 200916 yr I'm 3-16 combined between my two leagues. It's been a banner freakin' year in my household.At least the Steelers are looking good.
November 11, 200916 yr I'm 3-16 combined between my two leagues. It's been a banner freakin' year in my household. Hey, smoke up Johnny!
November 11, 200916 yr Money Leauge (12 Teams): 5-4, but head to head is not ultimately what matters most, it's points. Three divisions, top two from each make the playoffs, then the highest two points teams after that. Seeding is done by overall points standings. I'm currently third in points, but have scored more points than anyone in the league the last seven weeks. The two ahead of me had really good weeks 1 & 2 while I had just north of 90 points. All of my losses have been to teams that scored over 140 points, including one who scored 218, the record all-time in the league. My team is not explosive, but very consistent. Drafted MJD, then Portis, Welker, McNabb, Tony Gonzalez. Best pickup was Steve Smith - NYG. Traded for the very consistent Addai (and his backup Brown) without giving up a single one of my top 9 picks. I feel very good about this team. Friendly League (10 Teams): 6-3, with a loss in the first week and a loss last week, so 6-1 in between. I'm second in my division, so currently out of the running for a top 2 seed, but I'm only one game out. This league is more of a standard scoring league, and what's saving me right now is Peyton Manning. I drafted Forte, which has been awful, then Manning, Boldin, Welker, Pierre Thomas, and then Ray Rice. Really nothing beyond that worth mentioning. If Boldin would ever fix his ankle, I'd be stacked IMO. Ray Rice is a stud and Pierre Thomas looks like he's finally taken the reins in New Orleans. How sad that Forte is essentially a spot start to me at this point. Manning is my MVP, currently the #1 QB in the league.
November 11, 200916 yr Author Money league team is 5-4 at the moment, I've lost the past 3 weeks by less than 10 points combined. I have the most fantasy points in the league, and the person in 2nd is 250 points behind me. BGP team is 8-2, and rolling.
November 11, 200916 yr How does a 50 team league work? The league consists of five 10 team divisions. We play two games per week, and you can pick whoever you please. 1QB/1-3RB, 2-3 Wrs and one of the following TE, K, D and coach. I've never made the playoffs but I do know the regular season is the entire 17 week season, and the playoffs run the length of the NFL playoffs. I found out about it through a forum and it's actually pretty cool.
November 11, 200916 yr 6 and 3 in my money league. I'm in 4th but have the most points in the league and 8-1 in another league, and in the bgp league well i'm bad.
November 11, 200916 yr The league consists of five 10 team divisions. We play two games per week, and you can pick whoever you please. 1QB/1-3RB, 2-3 Wrs and one of the following TE, K, D and coach. I've never made the playoffs but I do know the regular season is the entire 17 week season, and the playoffs run the length of the NFL playoffs. I found out about it through a forum and it's actually pretty cool. How does the scoring for a "coach" work?
November 11, 200916 yr Money 8-1. I'm also 8-1, and on a 8 game winning streak. I would have lost last week if Ben had not thrown that late TD in the last 2 minutes. I am always 8-1 or 7-2 this time of year, but my teams always would fold like a cheap lawn chair in the playoffs. Through 10 years in my league I have been in; 5 championship games, the #1 seed 6 times, made the playoffs every year and a winning % that is 10% higher than the 2nd best team. With all that said, until last year I had not won a championship.
November 11, 200916 yr How does the scoring for a "coach" work? I was wondering about that too. Do they get points for good play calls, and negative points for dumb ones, such as Andy Reid's boneheaded handling of the last six minutes of the Dallas game. That would be a minus-25 in my book.
November 12, 200916 yr I was wondering about that too. Do they get points for good play calls, and negative points for dumb ones, such as Andy Reid's boneheaded handling of the last six minutes of the Dallas game. That would be a minus-25 in my book.Andy Reid would single handedly lose you games. And can you imagine the unlucky owner who got stuck with Art Shell a few years ago?
November 12, 200916 yr 5-4 in my work league. I would have a shot at the playoffs if it weren't for the fact that the 2 guys in my division ahead of me are 8-1 and 6-3. On top of that I don't play one of them a second time for some reason. I hate yahoo leagues. On the bright side of things though I did beat a guy who has never beaten me (at anything FF, poker, etc.). He had taken my traditional team name this year as an insult and then drafted some guys he knew I would generally take if I could. My league with some buddies has been up and down all season. I think I am sitting at 4-5 in that one.
November 12, 200916 yr As far as the coach goes, zero points for a loss and 10 points for a win. I had been 8-0 prior to picking McCarthy last week.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.