Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Finals weekend - Fri: 4A,2A,5A Sat: 3A,1A,6A

Featured Replies

Since we have gone to 6 classes, how many NKY teams have played in the finals compared to WKY teams?

It is 7 NKy teams to 5 WKY teams.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is 7 NKy teams to 5 WKY teams.

 

Thanks. How do you think the WKY teams would travel if the games were in NKY compared to Louisville? You should get more of a turnout from the WKY teams this year. I guess that's what they're counting on.

I do not think it makes a difference where the finals are played. If you are a supporter of the school that is in the finals you are going to the game. You might get a few more stragglers that don't have a vested interest in particular team, but you'll get those extra bodies no matter where it is played.

I do not think it makes a difference where the finals are played. If you are a supporter of the school that is in the finals you are going to the game. You might get a few more stragglers that don't have a vested interest in particular team, but you'll get those extra bodies no matter where it is played.

 

Good point. The only thing about straglers is that you're drawing from a much larger population in Louisville than you are in Bowling Green. Also, don't forget that comfort level many people have in going to Louisville - they've been doing it for 30 years. It's been forever since it was in Bowling Green; how do I get there? Is there accomodations nearby? Those are some questions that come about, just because of unfamiliarity.

I do not think it makes a difference where the finals are played. If you are a supporter of the school that is in the finals you are going to the game. You might get a few more stragglers that don't have a vested interest in particular team, but you'll get those extra bodies no matter where it is played.

 

So you are predicting the same size crowd for the 6A finals, that we have seen at the Pizza Box?

I like the new location and schedule. IMO they should rotate the location and times between Louisville, Lexington, and BG every three years.

Anyone have any thoughts on the new lineup for the finals weekend? Why the switch?

 

Friday:

11 am - 4A

3 pm - 2A

7 pm - 5A

 

Saturday:

11 am - 3A

3 pm - 1A

7 pm - 6A

 

 

For point of reference, what is the DATE of these games ??

I predict attendance to be the same as it always has been for every class except 6A. For all the talk of how much support ST X and T, I'll predict there will be less than 8,000for that game outside of Louisville.

 

This was my original post. Scroll up.

This was my original post. Scroll up.

 

Considering that the 6A game is the bell cow for this event, then you seem to admitting that

A: overall attendance will be down

B: location will make the difference

Location will make a difference for the T / X game. If the 6A game championship game were Henderson vs Henry Clay it would not make a difference at all IMO.

For point of reference, what is the DATE of these games ??

Friday December 4th and Saturday December 5th.

What kind of entertainment is in BG compared to Louisville? Are there any places to spend the night and eat.

What kind of entertainment is in BG compared to Louisville? Are there any places to spend the night and eat.

 

I actually read somewhere Bowling Green has one of the highest restaurants per capita rate of any city in the country. I don't know why anyone would research a thing like that, nor why I remember it...

 

Entertainment ? The Corvette Museum is a COOL place to visit. And Louisville doesn't have one ( :p ).

I actually read somewhere Bowling Green has one of the highest restaurants per capita rate of any city in the country. I don't know why anyone would research a thing like that, nor why I remember it...

 

Entertainment ? The Corvette Museum is a COOL place to visit. And Louisville doesn't have one ( :p ).

 

We have the Patton Museum just outside of town. Tanks > Cars every day of the week.

 

Not to mention the Frazier, Slugger Museum and the Louisville Science center. :p

Considering that the 6A game is the bell cow for this event, then you seem to admitting that

A: overall attendance will be down

B: location will make the difference

 

mc, let's just wait and see before we start making definitive statements about how the change in locale will affect attendance. And if it does, it will be the KHSAA's loss.

 

But even then, the KHSAA had no choice but to move the game to BG. The KHSAA required that the host location have artificial turf for what I hope are reasons so obvious I don't need to explain them. The KHSAA needed the host location to have a certain number of hotels within a defined area. There were currently only two locations that met the criteria: Louisville and BG. At the time the bids were due, Louisville could not commit to the dates required by the KHSAA due to Big East scheduling demands. Thus BG was THE only option for this year (and next year as the bid was for a two year committment as recall).

 

Personally I wish people would quit complaining about the move. There was NOTHING that could be done about it. Those folks might as well be complaining about water being wet. It is what it is.

 

If people can't make the game because of the extra hour and a half drive from N. Ky will not permit them from being there on time, I understand and we'll miss you. If people can't make the game simply because they don't want to make the extra hour and a half drive, then I question how much of a football fan they were any way. It's an extra hour and a half one time a blooming year. What's the big deal? I'd go watch Highlands play in a state championship game if it was held in Alabama if I had to. That's what fans of a program do. If I offended any one with that last comment, well you're just going to have to get over it, because I meant it. Go Birds!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.