Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baker out, LaRussa in as Reds manager???

Featured Replies

I'd say there are a lot of Rockies fans that disagree with you 100%.

 

Marlins fans would also disagree.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a TLR fan but I like him better than Dudsty. Bring Duncan for sure.

I have not been a fan of him since he moved to St. Louis, but I would accept him in Cincy, if he makes us a winner. Also, I think Duncan would be huge!

My guess is that LaRussa is one of those guys that you hate when he's with the other team but you love him when he's one of "yours."

You're allowed to be arrogant when you can back it up. He never has a full team of stars so don't compare him to the Yankees and such. He does it as a baseball mind.

It would be odd to see Duncan in Cincy after the incident that happened a few weeks ago. Duncan accused Arroyo and Baker of cheating, and Arroyo struck back. That being said, it would be fantastic if the Reds could get one or both of these guys. I don't really like them, but I'd love to see Cincy make a deep run and with those two guys it would happen. Maybe as soon as next year with the roster Cincy has returning.

Marlins fans would also disagree.
Yes, you should see the hate for Fredi on a lot of the Marlins fanboards I'm a member of.

LaRussa to meet with the Cardinals head office to discuss his future today.

I don't like PETA Tony, but that has no bearing on whether or not I want a winner in Cincy. If he can bring that, I'm all for it. With our payroll, I just can't imagine him making that jump.

I just don't see this happening plain and simple. LaRussa has it good in St. Louis. I don't see any reason for him to up and leave and come to an organization that hasn't had any real success for almost the past decade.

That's an exception. Look at the numerous managerial changes whose teams don't go on a ridiculous run.

What successful coach/manager in any sport won consistently with crap players?

What successful coach/manager in any sport won consistently with crap players?

 

Exactly. If an improvement were going to be observed it wouldn't happen instantly instead it would be observed over several years and that is what marks the effectiveness of a mangaer with his players.

 

Just because a team gets a new/better manage doesn't mean they will automatically when more games next year. In general, a manager is only really responsible for winning 4 to 5 games a year based off their coaching and strategy. The rest is won/lost because of the players.

What successful coach/manager in any sport won consistently with crap players?

 

You're agreeing with me, correct?

You're agreeing with me, correct?

You were down playing the role of managers in MLB. Basically saying they win because they have the most talent. My point was what coach/manager in any sport wins with bad players? Are manager's and coaches over rated in every sport?

I definately think the more logical move would be hiring Duncan. I do not think that LaRussa will come to Cincinnati. I wonder if LaRussa will even come back to baseball. Don't be shocked if Duncan comes to the team however, and that would be a huge pickup.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.