October 9, 200916 yr You may be to young, but the 78 UK team was pretty much expected from the opening tip to win it all. yes, I was 5 then. I remember flashes of things from that season, but not enough to really know what was happening.
October 9, 200916 yr ^We were loaded. After the season several of the players said it was more of a relief to win it all than fun, since such high expectations had been put upon them.
October 9, 200916 yr ^We were loaded. After the season several of the players said it was more of a relief to win it all than fun, since such high expectations had been put upon them. :thumb: Yep, remember it well.
October 9, 200916 yr ^We were loaded. After the season several of the players said it was more of a relief to win it all than fun, since such high expectations had been put upon them. That was the time that UK really HAD TO WIN. Anything less was considered failure. Never totally felt that way again about a UK team until the '96 squad. I never had those kind of expectations on the '86 UK squad. Maybe the '84 team because of the front line. I would say that since the UCLA era the teams that "had to win" because of pre-season hype would have been: '76 IU '78 UK '82 UNC '85 Georgetown '91 UNLV '92 Duke '96 UK '09 UNC
October 10, 200916 yr I hope Wall can live up to the expectations. He could have a great season and still not accomplish what is predicted of him.
October 10, 200916 yr Then I'd have to question the basketball IQ of 90% of the Kentucky fanbase.... Add yourself to the majority. But it is what it is.
October 10, 200916 yr Then I'd have to question the basketball IQ of 90% of the Kentucky fanbase.... :lol: :thumb:
October 13, 200916 yr That was the time that UK really HAD TO WIN. Anything less was considered failure. Never totally felt that way again about a UK team until the '96 squad. I never had those kind of expectations on the '86 UK squad. Maybe the '84 team because of the front line. I would say that since the UCLA era the teams that "had to win" because of pre-season hype would have been: '76 IU '78 UK '82 UNC '85 Georgetown '91 UNLV '92 Duke '96 UK '09 UNC The '90 UNLV Team was a Lock for the Championship, Remember? Until Duke slipped up on them...
October 13, 200916 yr The '90 UNLV Team was a Lock for the Championship, Remember? Until Duke slipped up on them... 1990 UNLV beat Duke by 30 in the championship. 1991 was when Duke beat them in the Final Four.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.