Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jeff Goodman's SEC Preview

Featured Replies

  • Author

So far, John Wall is expected to be:

 

- SEC first team

- SEC POY

- SEC newcomer of the year

- NCAA first team

- NCAA POY

- NCAA newcomer of the year

- NBA Draft #1 pick

 

That's big time!

So far, John Wall is expected to be:

 

- SEC first team

- SEC POY

- SEC newcomer of the year

- NCAA first team

- NCAA POY

- NCAA newcomer of the year

- NBA Draft #1 pick

 

That's big time!

 

No pressure though! :D

  • Author
No pressure though! :D

 

Oh yeah, and UK is expected to WIN the national title :thumb:

 

:ohbrother:

Oh yeah, and UK is expected to WIN the national title :thumb:

 

:ohbrother:

 

 

By whom?

  • Author
By whom?

 

90% of the fans in Kentucky

  • Author

As an aside, I'm getting ready to interview Goodman early this afternoon :thumb:

90% of the fans in Kentucky

 

Then I'd have to question the basketball IQ of 90% of the Kentucky fanbase....

  • Author
Then I'd have to question the basketball IQ of 90% of the Kentucky fanbase....

 

It is what it is.

It is what it is.

 

I would say "expect" is a strong word to use, I could be wrong though. I think we have a shot...as well as about 7 other teams. I can only think of a few instances where I would say I "expect" a certain team to win before the season started. I expected:

 

'86 UK

'91 UNLV

'92 Duke

'96 UK

'05 UNC

'09 UNC

It is what it is.

 

And what "it is" is your opinion. C'mon. UK fans get a bad enough rap as it is.

 

There's no way 90% EXPECT UK to win it all. Probably 90% think there's a good shot, but I'd say the number that EXPECT it is well under 50%.

  • Author
I would say "expect" is a strong word to use, I could be wrong though. I think we have a shot...as well as about 7 other teams. I can only think of a few instances where I would say I "expect" a certain team to win before the season started. I expected:

 

'86 UK

'91 UNLV

'92 Duke

'96 UK

'05 UNC

'09 UNC

 

Let's rephrase that to, the majority of Kentucky fans will not be satisfied unless they win the title or at the very least make the Final 4. That's what it is with UK basketball, though.

  • Author
And what "it is" is your opinion. C'mon. UK fans get a bad enough rap as it is.

 

There's no way 90% EXPECT UK to win it all. Probably 90% think there's a good shot, but I'd say the number that EXPECT it is well under 50%.

 

90% was a figure of speech to illustrate the pressure that is always placed on the team and coaches and yes, it is my opinion.

You may be to young, but the 78 UK team was pretty much expected from the opening tip to win it all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.