Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Preseason Coaches Poll

Featured Replies

IMO:The KHSAA needs to step in and force districts to seed. This way would likely guarantee that the best teams from each district are in the regional tourny, not ones that aren't good and got lucky in a blind draw.

 

I have mixed emotions about this. I've been around and involved with the small schools and like to see them have their day in the sun every once in a while. Then on the flip side, I hate to see a school that deserves to go to the next level not get their chance. :idunno:

  • Replies 405
  • Views 55.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed emotions about this. I've been around and involved with the small schools and like to see them have their day in the sun every once in a while. Then on the flip side, I hate to see a school that deserves to go to the next level not get their chance. :idunno:

 

:thumb:

I think the best teams should have the opportunity to compete for the region. I don't like the draw, I think it should be seeded. This would avoid your two top teams in the district meeting each other in the first round. The small schools and lower ranked teams will have the same opportunity to win a game and make it to the region. Small schools have their time to shine, if they are good enough they can make it. Look at Beechwood last year. Their district was seeded and they beat Cov Cath to make it to the region.

There should be seeding for Districts. I agree that small schools vote for a blind draw for the hope of getting into the region. but once they started the All "A" Classic that gives the small schools a chance to play for a state championship. why give them a chance to have a blind draw also. Make the season count and seed the districts.

There should be seeding for Districts. I agree that small schools vote for a blind draw for the hope of getting into the region. but once they started the All "A" Classic that gives the small schools a chance to play for a state championship. why give them a chance to have a blind draw also. Make the season count and seed the districts.

 

I agree. But, how would you seed a district like the 36th, where the teams don't play each other in the regular season?

I agree. But, how would you seed a district like the 36th, where the teams don't play each other in the regular season?

 

33rd seeds yet Heritage does not play the other 33rd teams during the season.

33rd seeds yet Heritage does not play the other 33rd teams during the season.

 

I am not sure how they handle it but I would say if you don't play a district game then you don't have a district win therefore you would be the bottom seed.

I am not sure how they handle it but I would say if you don't play a district game then you don't have a district win therefore you would be the bottom seed.

 

That's how they handle it.

I think the best teams should have the opportunity to compete for the region. .

 

I'm split too, but I think I lean towards seeding.

 

However, in a draw, if one big school draws another big school, in the first round of the districts aren't they still getting the opportunity to compete for the region?

 

Just like all the small schools in each district are given an "opprotunity" to compete for a regional berth if they're seeded or draw against a big school.

I'm split too, but I think I lean towards seeding.

 

However, in a draw, if one big school draws another big school, in the first round of the districts aren't they still getting the opportunity to compete for the region?

 

Just like all the small schools in each district are given an "opprotunity" to compete for a regional berth if they're seeded or draw against a big school.

 

Of course you get an opportunity. You get an opportunity to see who advances by playing basketball. What other "opportunity" would you want or need?????

Do away with the district tournaments (they're not fair anyway) and have one big regional tournament and seed the top 4 teams. Draw the other teams. It would be interesting also, like the NCAA tournament. It would be nice to play other teams for a change.

Of course you get an opportunity. You get an opportunity to see who advances by playing basketball. What other "opportunity" would you want or need?????

 

thats what I was getting at

I think the best teams should have the opportunity to compete for the region. I don't like the draw, I think it should be seeded. This would avoid your two top teams in the district meeting each other in the first round. The small schools and lower ranked teams will have the same opportunity to win a game and make it to the region. Small schools have their time to shine, if they are good enough they can make it. Look at Beechwood last year. Their district was seeded and they beat Cov Cath to make it to the region.

 

I agree, plus if those blind draws let a small school in then one of the number one seeds basically gains a bye and an advantage.

What needs to be done is to eliminate each district from sending two team to the Region as then it wouldn't matter who you drew in the first round, because if you lose, your gone anyway!

What needs to be done is to eliminate each district from sending two team to the Region as then it wouldn't matter who you drew in the first round, because if you lose, your gone anyway!

 

That's the way it should be. I never understood the runner-up advancing anyway.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.