Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jaguars to Use First Round Pick on a FB?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Just curious. What are Tebow's defeciencies at QB that are driving the doubt he can play in the NFL as a QB?

 

He has a slow release, has not played in a pro-style offense and is too slow for the Wildcat.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has a slow release, has not played in a pro-style offense and is too slow for the Wildcat.

 

He still has a better shot at QB than full back.

He has a slow release, has not played in a pro-style offense and is too slow for the Wildcat.

 

Is there anyone on the board that said this same thing about Andre Woodsen? I seem to recall a few that thought he had a legit chance to play QB in the NFL, despite the fact it took him a calendar year to get rid of the ball. Also I'm not a big UF follower, what type offense do they run?

  • Author
Is there anyone on the board that said this same thing about Andre Woodsen? I seem to recall a few that thought he had a legit chance to play QB in the NFL, despite the fact it took him a calendar year to get rid of the ball. Also I'm not a big UF follower, what type offense do they run?

 

They run a lot of spread option type plays.

  • Author
He still has a better shot at QB than full back.

 

Now, don't get me wrong, he definitely has a shot, but I think it would be crazy to take him the first round.

He still has a better shot at QB than full back.

 

I don't see him being anything other than a QB. Could he move to FB? Sure. He's big and strong. But, he'd have to learn the position. If teams want a FB, they'll pick a FB. You don't draft projects at FB. Some teams don't even have a FB do they? Or at best they'll have one on the roster.

 

I'm just not seeing a position switch in his future.

 

I think he make it as a QB. The question is whether he can be a starting QB. But, I certainly think he could stick around as a second or third stringer somewhere. He could be a valuable guy as a fill-in for a couple of quarters or a game or two for an injured QB at worst.

 

JMO

Count me as one.

 

Tebow has had an excellent career...but I don't see him being a good NFL QB. The difference between the NFL and NCAA is HUGE.

 

Just ask Graham Harrell.

I don't see him being anything other than a QB. Could he move to FB? Sure. He's big and strong. But, he'd have to learn the position. If teams want a FB, they'll pick a FB. You don't draft projects at FB. Some teams don't even have a FB do they? Or at best they'll have one on the roster.

 

I'm just not seeing a position switch in his future.

 

I think he make it as a QB. The question is whether he can be a starting QB. But, I certainly think he could stick around as a second or third stringer somewhere. He could be a valuable guy as a fill-in for a couple of quarters or a game or two for an injured QB at worst.

 

JMO

:thumb:

If they draft a FB as their first pick they might draft Conner from UK. According to Mel Kiper, he is projecting him as the #2 best FB prospect going into next years draft...

Tebow will work hard to be an NFL QB, will he make it I don't know. That kid from Nebraska years ago did a bunch to help his team win and couldn't make the NFL. Just depends.

No, you can't, but how many rookie linebackers walk right in and contribute much of anything outside of special teams??? Not many.

 

Let's see...on the Bengals alone, there has been 2 in the last 2 years

Let's see...on the Bengals alone, there has been 2 in the last 2 years

 

We can start a list. I'll go 1st

2008 Pats/ Jerrod Mayo

 

next

Just ask Graham Harrell.

 

Harrell doesn't have the arm strength.

 

Let us all remember Urban also coached Alex Smith, many people were concerned about him and the system he ran at Utah... cost the Niners millions.

I don't doubt Tebow's abilities but the transition to a true pro style offense has been very rough for high profile QBs in the past. Remember Urban's last QB, Alex Smith, he wasn't near the specimen as Tebow but he was numero uno in the draft and he's about to become an ex NFL Qb.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.