Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Obama to address nations school children

Featured Replies

:lol: :lol:

 

If you don't believe there is bias in history and it's teachings, then I have a great deal on some beautiful ocean-front property over on Broadway and 4th.

 

:thumb: I agree. I doubt Britain teaches the same rosey story we are about the Revolutionary War.

  • Replies 337
  • Views 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: :lol:

 

If you don't believe there is bias in history and it's teachings, then I have a great deal on some beautiful ocean-front property down Broadway here in Louisville.

Again, where I went to school, I was taught that there are more than one side to every story. We often discussed it in class, apparently your history class was a little different.

BTW, I NEVER said there wasn't any bias in History, I said the word wasn't mentioned in the definition and that most of the history books I've seen did a very good job of pointing out cause and effect and that we weren't always right. So, read my posts a bit more carefully and you'll realize what I'm saying.

 

Some books have gotten history wrong, something else I learned IN HISTORY CLASS. I also learned, IN HISTORY CLASS, that we weren't so squeaky clean in WWII, in fact we were downright deplorable at times to our enemy. And that wasn't the only war, btw.

Yep, definitely biased... :rolleyes:

:thumb: I agree. I doubt Britain teaches the same rosey story we are about the Revolutionary War.

 

A friend of mine student-taught in Portsmouth, England on an exchange program. He said they spent about 1 day on the revolution. I spend three weeks and reference it almost daily for two months!

Again, where I went to school, I was taught that there are more than one side to every story. We often discussed it in class, apparently your history class was a little different.

BTW, I NEVER said there wasn't any bias in History, I said the word wasn't mentioned in the definition and that most of the history books I've seen did a very good job of pointing out cause and affect and that we weren't always right. So, read my posts a bit more carefully and you'll realize what I'm saying.

 

Some books have gotten history wrong, something else I learned IN HISTORY CLASS. I also learned, IN HISTORY CLASS, that we weren't so squeaky clean WWII, in fact we were downright deplorable at times to our enemy. And that wasn't the only war, btw.

Yep, definitely biased... :rolleyes:

Like I said YOU are BETTER than the rest of us. I'm admitting it.
Like I said YOU are BETTER than the rest of us. I'm admitting it.

 

 

I second FKY :D

I second FKY :D
Kind of an asinine comment you're seconding there, RM. But... OK.
Well, how about Captain Transparency giving all of us a clue?

 

So if I don't know and you don't know, why is this a discussion? Why is there argument? Is it because both sides so want to be right that they throw out all logic (know before you complain) when discussing? Is it because we think the issue is right or wrong, or is it because we each want to win an internet argument?

So if I don't know and you don't know, why is this a discussion? Why is there argument? Is it because both sides so want to be right that they throw out all logic (know before you complain) when discussing? Is it because we think the issue is right or wrong, or is it because we each want to win an internet argument?
I think people have the right to know what their children are being taught. Don't you?

I really think that's all anyone is saying.

Obama doesn't speak well without a tele-prompter so I'm sure there is some sort of transcript with a subject... I would have to at least know what he's going to discuss or my kids would get a day off from school..

So if I don't know and you don't know, why is this a discussion? Why is there argument? Is it because both sides so want to be right that they throw out all logic (know before you complain) when discussing? Is it because we think the issue is right or wrong, or is it because we each want to win an internet argument?

 

 

Good question. I'm not trying to argue. I just genuinely don't understand what all the furor is about. It's insane.

Good question. I'm not trying to argue. I just genuinely don't understand what all the furor is about. It's insane.
I do not either, rockmom.

 

If the President is going to be regurgitating his health bill and deliver Democratic talking points, sure there might be something wrong. But let us be honest here, he will talk about the importance of staying in school to get a good education while being engaging. I cannot see a whole lot of indoctrinization going on here guys. Maybe I am wrong.

 

I somewhat appreciate the reaching out to children, a demographic I believe is largely ignored and given 0 credit. As Bill O'Reilly's book says, "Kids are Americans Too."

And even more amazing that we're apparently taught that, but having a President who admits it is absolutely abhorant!

 

You beat me to this. This was EXACTLY what I was thinking! How dare our president admit that we have made mistakes! The nerve! :lol:

I do not either, rockmom.

 

If the President is going to be regurgitating his health bill and deliver Democratic talking points, sure there might be something wrong. But let us be honest here, he will talk about the importance of staying in school to get a good education while being engaging. I cannot see a whole lot of indoctrinization going on here guys. Maybe I am wrong.

 

I somewhat appreciate the reaching out to children, a demographic I believe is largely ignored and given 0 credit. As Bill O'Reilly's book says, "Kids are Americans Too."

 

I agree, I think what got some people's dander up was some of the "suggested lesson plans". I think it's fine for the POTUS to address the nation's students.

Good question. I'm not trying to argue. I just genuinely don't understand what all the furor is about. It's insane.
Reason has been given more than a few times. Why do you think it wrong of anyone to want to know what he will address them with? What happened to transparency?
You beat me to this. This was EXACTLY what I was thinking! How dare our president admit that we have made mistakes! The nerve! :lol:
Been explained.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.