September 2, 200917 yr http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10582301/President-Obama’s-Address-to-Students-Across-America-September-8-2009 Some interesting reaction: http://mommylife.net/archives/2009/09/public_school_t_1.html I am a public school teacher and will be outraged if I have to provide access to this indoctrination. If he wants to address the children of America, let him be so bold as do it in the evening and request parents watch with their children. But that would be too transparent, now, wouldn't it? It would be soooo much better to do it during a school day when they are subjected to a message before a parent can screen it, and where a teacher can comment and "guide" before the child goes home. Keep your children home!
September 2, 200917 yr Does the teacher share all of his/her content with parents prior to teaching them? Self-serving comments on his/her part.
September 2, 200917 yr Does the teacher share all of his/her content with parents prior to teaching them? Self-serving comments on his/her part. You and a couple of other on here on some I don't like to debate with because you are very good at it, BUT..... Obama and company with history of radical associates and having gotten the label of Communist etc., need to tread lightly...........but they don't and they continue to do things that make me think they are what they are labeled.
September 2, 200917 yr You and a couple of other on here on some I don't like to debate with because you are very good at it, BUT..... Obama and company with history of radical associates and having gotten the label of Communist etc., need to tread lightly...........but they don't and they continue to do things that make me think they are what they are labeled. What exactly is the fear here?
September 2, 200917 yr What exactly is the fear here? Have any of our other Presidents wanted to directly address the youth? If Bush asked to do this what would most say? Its Indoctrination, plain and simple............... Edited September 2, 200917 yr by JD If U Please
September 2, 200917 yr I don't like it, seems very odd to me. I've never heard of a president in America ever doing anything like this. No wonder his numbers are falling.
September 2, 200917 yr Again, and no one has answered this, what is the fear? What do you think he might say that would somehow "indoctrinate" or influence your child? Its surprising to me that other POTUS have not done this. I think it would be a great opportunity for the children of the country. It would open up dialogue at home as well. So, please, tell me the downside here.
September 2, 200917 yr Again, and no one has answered this, what is the fear? What do you think he might say that would somehow "indoctrinate" or influence your child? Its surprising to me that other POTUS have not done this. I think it would be a great opportunity for the children of the country. It would open up dialogue at home as well. So, please, tell me the downside here. I'm treading lightly here, because I'm not an expert on the structure of school curriculum....but would you have a problem if a creationist Baptist minister were able to address all of the country's children an explain to them that evolution is false and God created the Earth in 7 24-hour days?
September 2, 200917 yr I'm treading lightly here, because I'm not an expert on the structure of school curriculum....but would you have a problem if a creationist Baptist minister were able to address all of the country's children an explain to them that evolution is false and God created the Earth in 7 24-hour days? Going along with that idea....how about a Catholic priest addressing public school children.
September 2, 200917 yr I agree with Clyde. As a kid in school I would have loved to have had a day where the President was speaking to me and every other student like me in the country. And BHO is not dumb. He is not going to say anything even remotely questionable as to upset millions of parents. I think that this will be a pretty cool experience for all who watch.
September 2, 200917 yr I'm treading lightly here, because I'm not an expert on the structure of school curriculum....but would you have a problem if a creationist Baptist minister were able to address all of the country's children an explain to them that evolution is false and God created the Earth in 7 24-hour days? Before I answer tell me how this equates to the POTUS speaking to children?
September 2, 200917 yr Going along with that idea....how about a Catholic priest addressing public school children. What would he be saying to these children?
September 2, 200917 yr What would he be saying to these children?That would be the concern of those of us that have a problem with Obama addressing the children in school.
September 2, 200917 yr Before I answer tell me how this equates to the POTUS speaking to children? Both would be people with an agenda.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.