Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin/Danville Predictions

Who wins? 84 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Corbin
      70%
      59
    • Danville
      29%
      25

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Whats the possibility of Will Dunn playing Saturday night?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Corbin will be the better team next Friday. They win 21-14.

I'm afraid Corbin is too experienced at this point of the season and will win this one. The sky is the limit for Danville's youth, however. Once they fully implement the wishbone attack, they'll be tough to stop.

Danville by 7.:ylsuper:

I have a curious question for the Redhound faithful.

 

Would it be to Corbin's benefit to lose to Danville?

 

Someone more familiar with the series than I can help on this but I thought of something for this one.

 

The last two state titles that Corbin won (1980 and 1982), both squads lost to Danville in the regular season.

 

Danville beat Corbin 10-6 in 1980 and the Hounds went on to win AA. (Danville finished 8-3 and missed making the AAA playoffs by literally inches in an OT loss to Woodford County)

 

Ads won again in '82 by a 10-7 score I believe. Corbin went on to right their ship after losing 4 games (?) in the regular season and claimed their last state title. Danville lost in the district title game I believe at Franklin County.

 

Just curious question for the "karma", "stars alignment" crowd.

Danville's offensive and defensive lineman have improved greatly in one game. They are becoming real solid and should prove to be a challenge to any opponent. I expect a great game in Corbin. Could prove to be the best game in the state next weekend.

I think Danville will win in a close one. This will be a war till the end Danville 17 Corbin 14.

Corbin needs to be able to sustain some drives, which means cutting out the penalties, fumbles, etc. because they will not be able to break as many big plays against the Ads. This game could come down to special teams......should be a good one.

I have a curious question for the Redhound faithful.

 

Would it be to Corbin's benefit to lose to Danville?

 

Someone more familiar with the series than I can help on this but I thought of something for this one.

 

The last two state titles that Corbin won (1980 and 1982), both squads lost to Danville in the regular season.

 

Danville beat Corbin 10-6 in 1980 and the Hounds went on to win AA. (Danville finished 8-3 and missed making the AAA playoffs by literally inches in an OT loss to Woodford County)

 

Ads won again in '82 by a 10-7 score I believe. Corbin went on to right their ship after losing 4 games (?) in the regular season and claimed their last state title. Danville lost in the district title game I believe at Franklin County.

 

Just curious question for the "karma", "stars alignment" crowd.

 

You bring up some great points. As a history buff myself, I love throwing around the "what ifs", "what may be", and "would this" kinda things around. It is definitely an interesting thing. I don't know if it means Corbin will go on to win state but on top of the two years you mentioned, Corbin has went on to have great seasons.

 

The last time these two teams played was back in 2000. Danville won 35-6 in the bowl game at the Stadium of Champions. That was the second best Corbin team in my recent memory. They went on to lose to Glasgow in the semis after Stephen Cook was injured. Danville probably still would have won the game but Corbin was missing about 4 starters and fumbled the ball 7 or 8 times that night against the Ads.

 

Hopefully this game will turn out to be a better game and is just the first of two games between these two programs this season.

Corbin needs to be able to sustain some drives, which means cutting out the penalties, fumbles, etc. because they will not be able to break as many big plays against the Ads. This game could come down to special teams......should be a good one.

 

I agree with you 100%. Danville is a team with a lot of speed and are well coached. While they may not be the Danville, we grew up knowing, they are still a top program in the state. I'm taking nothing away from the other programs, but not many can say they have the speed that Danville generally produces and definitely can't say they have a Sam Harp coaching them.

 

Corbin has recently had the benefit of playing teams that they were simply faster than. With a team such as Danville, The Hounds will without question have to sustain some drives, be physical, and churn out the clock. Sure Watkins, Fritts, Taylor, ect will have a big play or 2 of their own because they are simply "That Good" but I don't think it will be as consistant Saturday night due to the level of competition and speed of the opponent.

This is a tough call,one of the top games this weekend.Don't understand why this game isn't a pick 10 contest.

Here my take on this game,I think defense will play a big factor and Danville will come away with a W 15-13.GO ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Corbin holds onto the football, the Hounds win by 2 touchdowns.

Corbin should win in a close one 28-21.Fritts I think is back heard that he did pratice yesterday.Defense should be fine.We have to hold on to the ball better this week.Turn overs can make our break you.

Corbin 21-14.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.