Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Biggest Surprises

Featured Replies

I have no knowledge of what happened in the Boyle game, but what's up with Matney's comments on AMNews.com?

 

“We didn’t think they needed to be running reverses and passes in the fourth quarter up 42, and we’re probably going to do that (with the contract),” Matney said. “But aside from that, I’m not going to take anything away from coach (Larry) French, because he’s a heck of a coach.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess he feels that Boyle was running up the score. Did anyone at the game feel that way?

I was at the game and I did not feel as if they were just trying to run up the score. The game didnt have a feel as if Boyle was just scoring at will. Before the game I was really impressed with the size of Johnson Central. They have a glaring weakness in their punting game. I felt bad for the punter who over and over had snaps rolled to him by the long snapper. One play the Boyle players seemed to hit the punter before the ball got there.

I also feel the coach of the losing team should never whine about another team running up the score. Have your team better prepared and that wouldnt happen. Whatever happened to players going 110% the entire game?

I guess he feels that Boyle was running up the score. Did anyone at the game feel that way?

 

 

IMO Boyle did not.

 

 

Boyle had their second team in and their second team line gave their second team quarterback the time to throw the ball to their second team reciever. Johnson Central stacked the line of scrimmage with their first teamers and came hard to stop the run on our backups and paid for it.

#35 ranked North Laurel beating top 10 Pulaski County.

 

How can I forget about that one. Great game by the Jags.

Really wasn't much surprised by the DeSales score; thought they should be favored. Also didn't think JC could keep up with Boyle, but was somewhat surprised at the final margin.

 

Don't know enough about the BG/Christian County teams yet this year...

 

But I was stunned that Seneca - who had just lost their starting QB - even staying close to Central was amazing. The fact that they won comfortably was even more amazing. I knew Seneca would be good this year, but thought they'd be the underdog even with their star QB...and a serious underdog without him.

 

Congrats to all the teams that pulled the upsets, both large and small!! The upsets are why we play the games...otherwise, we'd simply let the "experts" write the scores...

Bethlehem 50 -0 over Fort Knox was a huge surprise according to some. Fort Knox was picked as a 14 point favorite. Bethlehem covered by 64

Bethlehem 50 -0 over Fort Knox was a huge surprise according to some. Fort Knox was picked as a 14 point favorite. Bethlehem covered by 64

 

WOW! Didn't really know anything about that game. Somebody really missed that prediction...:ohbrother:

I only saw one game the Ryle/CCH game but I was amazed to see CCH a former state contender slip so far so fast.

#35 ranked North Laurel beating top 10 Pulaski County.

 

That gets my vote. The average prediction on here was a VERY lopsided 35+ point win for PC. NL gets the W 36-33 in Coach Chris Larkey's first game as NL's head coach.

Somerset, coming off of a 5-6 season and losing their head coach 11 days before the opener, upsetting the #7 team in 4A should be mentioned as well. Especially since many predicted a 4+ touchdown or "Knox Central can name the score" predictions. North Laurel over Pulaski and Prestonsburg over Belfry should also be mentioned.

1. Brossart over Betsy Layne

2. Boyle beating JC like a Dollar Rental Car

1. Brossart over Betsy Layne

2. Boyle beating JC like a Dollar Rental Car

 

:lol: Funny stuff my friend. :notworthy:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.