Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Saint Xavier 28 Henry Clay 0 (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

Last scrimmage before the regular season for St.X. I think the offense had 4-5 turnovers. Defense played pretty well causing I think around 4-5 turnovers. Overall-sloppy. Lots of work to be done before the Tiger's visit Ballard.

Henry Clay, the fastest team in the state got shut out?

I think the gap between X/T and the rest of the field is still there this year.

Offense has a lot of work to do----Hope they don't get behind

St.Xavier has alot of speed at all positions and it showed last night. D-Lineman made tackles down field on completed passes, don't see that very often. They have true team speed.

I was serving as "caregiver" last night and didn't get to see this scrimmage. Can anyone provide more details on how St. X. scored and whether the turnovers were fumbles or interceptions? I think we had THREE FUMBLES last week in the scrimmage against Fern Creek. This problem is very unXlike and really needs to be addressed. Backs and receivers need to be running a lot of gauntlet drills where carrying the ball "high and tight" with "three-point pressure" needs to be stressed.

 

Where did the Henry Clay fans go? I would really be interested in finding out what they thought of the scrimmage. Was Henry Clay that much superior to St. X. in speed as they had orginally thought?

I think the gap between X/T and the rest of the field is still there this year.

 

Hardly ever closes, does it?!

 

I do think X and T could struggle with their out-of-state competition this season. (They both play Cincy X, while the Rocks also play Indianapolis Lawrence North and Cincy Elder).

I was serving as "caregiver" last night and didn't get to see this scrimmage. Can anyone provide more details on how St. X. scored and whether the turnovers were fumbles or interceptions? I think we had THREE FUMBLES last week in the scrimmage against Fern Creek. This problem is very unXlike and really needs to be addressed. Backs and receivers need to be running a lot of gauntlet drills where carrying the ball "high and tight" with "three-point pressure" needs to be stressed.

 

Where did the Henry Clay fans go? I would really be interested in finding out what they thought of the scrimmage. Was Henry Clay that much superior to St. X. in speed as they had orginally thought?

In my recent viewings of teams over the past few years I've come to the opinion that there is no longer a speed gap between X and anyone. Sure some teams might have a specific speedster but in terms of overall team speed they match with anyone.
  • Author
I was serving as "caregiver" last night and didn't get to see this scrimmage. Can anyone provide more details on how St. X. scored and whether the turnovers were fumbles or interceptions? I think we had THREE FUMBLES last week in the scrimmage against Fern Creek. This problem is very unXlike and really needs to be addressed. Backs and receivers need to be running a lot of gauntlet drills where carrying the ball "high and tight" with "three-point pressure" needs to be stressed.

 

Where did the Henry Clay fans go? I would really be interested in finding out what they thought of the scrimmage. Was Henry Clay that much superior to St. X. in speed as they had orginally thought?

 

Two interceptions, the rest fumbles. The speed clearly was in favor of St.X. Most of the X touchdowns came from within the 10 yd line-short power runs due to numerous Henry Clay turnovers. Henry Clay seemed a little stunned with the speed of the St.X defense.

Henry Clay, the fastest team in the state got shut out?

 

Anybody out there from HC to comment?

Who was X's 2nd team QB and how did he do?

I thought St. X looked excellent last night. Their defense did an excellent job at keeping Henry Clay's speed contained. I thought Brian Buehner did a great job of managing the game and led the Tigers on several nice sustained drives. St. Xavier has some good looking athletes.

 

For those of you who have not seen them, I stick to my statement that Henry Clay has the fastest skilled players in the state. I never said they were the best team in the state. That could very well be St. Xavier. Henry Clay has a first year starter at quarterback, running back, and at the wide receiver positions. Coach Simpson will be working with these young players and attempt to get their speedy athletes the ball in open spaces so that they can make plays. They were unable to do that in last night's scrimmage due to: 1.) Their youthfulness and inexperience; 2.) St. X's outstanding coaching and excellent defensive coordination.

Edited by strongopenyon

Strong thanks for the synopsis. Good luck this year, maybe HC will be a team for Trinity to contend with on the road to Bowling Green.

Strong thanks for the synopsis. Good luck this year, maybe HC will be a team for Trinity to contend with on the road to Bowling Green.

 

Let me second this statement. Thanks so much for providing the additional insight. :thumb:

 

What was causing all the turnovers that occurred for both teams? It sounds like the offensive play by both teams was awfully sloppy. :puke:

Both offensive squads had several fumbles and interceptions. It is early in the year and you typically see more turnovers. I see both of these teams tightening some of these issues as the season progresses.

 

By the way......St. Xavier has an outstanding punter/ kicker. I saw him punt during halftime warmups and he can send the football into orbit. His kickoffs were also either in or through the end zone all but one time. He is a deadly weapon for the Tigers. Senior? Junior? Is he being recruited?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.