Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Fantasy Football League ~ American Conference Pre-Season Chatter & Trash Talk

Featured Replies

  • Replies 143
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if I can do this per rules, but if I can Godot, please drop Manningham for me if you've added him, if not drop Randle El and add Michael Vick. I believe I can do this since Vick isn't the starter

Here's my quick breakdown...and, before anyone gets their feelings hurt, it's just my opinion. Your's is obviously different or you wouldn't have made some of these picks. :lol:

 

Banklick Swamp Gas

What I like: The keepers, Brees and LT. Dwayne Bowe should step up with Gonzo out of the way and a passing offense (likely). Fred Jackson in the 10th round.

Didn't like: The RB depth. I'm skeptical of Braylon Edwards. And, two TE's in the first 8 rounds.

 

Atwood Fighting' Amish

What I like: The RB depth...potentially 4 guys who will be getting red zone carries. And, Jacobs and Barber are TD machines.

Didn't like: Shiancoe at TE and the Cardinals defense.

 

Harlan Mound Street Machines

What I like: Philip Rivers. Julius Jones later in the draft. Tony Gonzalez.

Didn't like: The decision to keep Bush and Johnson. The wide receivers. If Anthony Gonzalez doesn't live up to his sleeper status, it's going to be tough trying to guess right every week on who to play.

 

Boyle County Blue Devils

What I like: The WR's...a duo like Moss and Johnson is good in any league, but especially one this deep.

Didn't like: Questions at RB...Rice is in a three-way time share and may not get the red zone touches. Stewart is a solid fantasy scorer, but he's the clear #2 in Carolina and may be injury prone. The other two possible contributors are rookies. Big risk.

 

Mississippi Thrill

What I like: Matt Schaub and the starting RB's (Williams and Moreno).

Didn't like: The WR's after Boldin. The TE's, especially considering both have a bye on Week 8.

 

Bardstown Butchers

What I like: The quality of depth at RB.

Didn't like: The lack of quality and depth at WR. Jackson should be solid and I think Schilens might be a surprise. Better hope he is. He was great value in the 14th round.

 

Sawville Gym Shoes

What I like: The WR's...similar to the Blue Devils. Steelers defense.

Didn't like: The QB's...some questions around both of those guys.

 

Paducah Rabbit Fists

What I like: The RB's...quality and depth.

Didn't like: WR's...quantity, not quality. Taking Romo that early was risky.

 

Junction City Jailcats

What I like: Balanced rosters with two studs, Jackson and Johnson.

Didn't like: TE.

 

Maysville Split Ends

What I like: Portis and Peterson may be the best starting RB combo in the league. I also liked the last round flyer on James Davis.

Didn't like: No stud WR's. The Giants defense in the fifth round. Jim got the top defense 22 picks later. Could have added more depth and still got the Giants or a comparable defense.

 

Frankfort Block Monsters

What I like: Keeping Chad Ochocinco. Could have upgraded and still got him later in the draft. That said, I do like the WR's with he and TO. Derrick Ward. Martellus Bennett in the last round.

Didn't like: No depth at RB. The defenses. Neither are expected to be good and the Bengals were taken way too high. Could have got them later.

 

Big Creek Moonshiners

What I like: Solid starters at RB. Colston will be in the area of top 5 if he stays healthy, IMO. Top notch TE.

Didn't like: RB depth. Being held hostage by the "will or won't he" of Brett Favre. :D

 

Dorton Street Sweepers

What I like: Jennings is an elite WR, and Evans and Mason provide quality depth. Greg Olsen could step up to top tier status this year. Ravens defense.

Didn't like: RB depthand the decision to pass on Brandon Jacobs to get Steve Slaton at the start of the draft.

 

Bushwood Country Club Gophers

What I like: Balanced starting lineup.

Didn't like: QB's.

 

Maytown Mirkers

What I like: Solid QB and depth. Titans defense...Haynesworth may be gone, but this group is still talented and they have 5 guys in contract years.

Didn't like: I don't like the RB's after Turner. I'm not a believer in Antonio Bryant.

I'll give you a more detailed analysis of my own team/draft.

Boyle County Blue Devils will drop Kolby Smith and pick up Michael Vick.

I'll give you a more detailed analysis of my own team/draft.

 

Everyone can't have a dominating Fantasy football team... Either you didn't like the RB but like the WR or vice verse... I like the Criticism though.:clap::thumb:

Everyone can't have a dominating Fantasy football team... Either you didn't like the RB but like the WR or vice verse... I like the Criticism though.:clap::thumb:

 

Or in my case, just the TE's....It takes a well run organization to win the title though, so I can't say I'm shocked...:D

  • Author
Maytown Mirkers want to release Edgerinn James FA RB, and pick up Bernard Scott CIN RB.
done

 

Not sure if I can do this per rules, but if I can Godot, please drop Manningham for me if you've added him, if not drop Randle El and add Michael Vick. I believe I can do this since Vick isn't the starter

done

Mustard Seeds...

 

1.02 Maurice Jones-Drew - Keeper. No brainer. With Fred Taylor gone, he should be a top 10 back at worst and could be the #1 guy at best.

 

2.15 Steve Smith - Keeper. I debated a long time about keeping him, because I thought I could upgrade at best and get him back at worst with the way the draft would fall. Keeping him was the wrong move, because I could have done exactly what I thought with a second round pick. Regardless, if healthy, he's right there with the other second tier WR's after the big four. I'm not upset that I'm stuck with him.

 

3.02 Brian Westbrook - Injury risk, sure, but I couldn't pass on him 34 players deep in the draft. I'll take the risk. If my RB's stay healthy, I've got two three down backs who can do damage both running and receiving and don't leave the field when their teams are inside the 10 yard line. In a league this deep, I feel very good about that.

 

4.15 Brandon Marshall - Again, there's some risk with an injury and discontent. But, ultimately, I expect him to be starting as Denver's #1 WR. He's a big talent. McDaniels will likely pass a lot, the offensive line in Denver is good, and the defense is bad, so they'll probably be in some shootouts. Like Westbrook, at this point, I felt like the talent and potential was too good to pass on.

 

5.02 Antonio Gates - This is the first time I've ever picked a TE in the 5th round. But, he's the top TE, IMO and I think the value was good. I get a top TE, which is an advantage at that position, and I think his production will be comparable to any #3 WR or RB available at that point. I wasn't expecting QB's to go off the board when they did, so I took the top TE rather than the 13th QB.

 

6.15 Ahmad Bradshaw - Derrick Ward excelled in this role last year, and I think Bradshaw is more dynamic. I expect a strong season from him. I like him as a flex. And, his value skyrockets if Jacobs gets hurt (like he usually does).

 

7.02 Eagles D/ST - Similar to taking Gates...I felt like getting a top tier defense would be of more value than digging way deep for a skill player who will be on my bench if things go as planned. The death of Jim Johnson worries me a little...hopefully, this defense will keep that same aggressive and attacking philosophy. I think Tennessee might have been a better pick, because they have 5 starters on defense playing for new contracts.

 

8.15 Chris Henry - I picked him too early, but I wanted him and didn't want to risk someone else scooping him up. He scored 15 TD's in his first 27 games. Palmer has spoke highly of him. He's has freakish physical tools and could be the top red zone option for the Bengals. I have a hunch he'll be pretty good.

 

9.02 Kyle Orton - First, let me say that I didn't envision going into the season with Kyle Orton as my first string fantasy QB. But, he served me well last year before his ankle injury...I had Big Ben and ultimately benched him because Orton was outperforming him. I like the possibilities in Denver with a better line, better skill players, a passing offense and a bad defense. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works out.

 

10.15 Jerious Norwood - I debated for a while between he and Leon Washington. I ultimately went with Norwood because Atlanta, for the 23rd straight year, has promised to use him more and just in case the "curse of 370" is real. The pick 159, it was worth a shot.

 

11.02 Shaun Hill - I wanted to pair Orton with Trent Edwards, but didn't get to. But, I did want to get another half-way decent QB considering my dilemma...I didn't want to end up with one of the rookies or JaMarcus Russell. Shaun Hill was decent down the stretch last season, so I took him.

 

12.15 T.J. Duckett - Some of his best years were with Mora in Atlanta. He'll be their goalline back again and they'll be more committed to the run. I thought it was good value for the 191st pick.

 

13.02 Michael Jenkins - He had his best season with just under 800 yards. Assuming Matt Ryan continues to improve and Atlanta opens it up a little more, there's a chance his numbers could improve. And, at 6'4, I'm hoping he might garner a few more red zone looks.

 

14.15 Nick Folk - He's been a solid fantasy kicker. Dallas has an aggressive offense, so they'll still move the ball, but with TO gone, perhaps they'll be settling for more FG's.

 

15.02 49ers D/ST - This pick was made solely on bye week considerations. The Eagles have a bye on week 4 and the 49ers have a favorable matchup at home against the Rams. Past that, Gates has a bye on week 5, so I can drop the 'Niners defense and pick up a TE for the bye...then Folk has a bye on week 6, so I can drop the TE and pick up a kicker...then I can drop the kicker, pick up some depth from the waiver wire and leave Gates, Folk and Philly in the lineup for the remainder of the year.

 

16.15 Ramses Barden - Consider it a flyer...Barden was the Giants 3rd round pick. He's 6'6, 227 lbs and the Giants don't have any established guys at WR. From what I've read, he's showed some real potential. At best, he's the next Marques Colston...an unknown who emerges as a star. But, I'm hoping he can just establish himself as a red zone threat for Eli. In any case, considering the Giants WR situation and his potential, I thought it was worth a shot.

 

Overall...I wish I had a better QB. I love my RB's and TE. And, I like my WR's, K and D/ST. I'd like to have a "safer" WR on the depth chart, but in a 16-team league, sacrifices must be made. If my team stays healthy, I like it as good as any.

  • Author
Boyle County Blue Devils will drop Kolby Smith and pick up Michael Vick.

 

drop Randle El and add Michael Vick. I believe I can do this since Vick isn't the starter
Sorry PP92, your just a little late
Everyone can't have a dominating Fantasy football team... Either you didn't like the RB but like the WR or vice verse... I like the Criticism though.:clap::thumb:

 

No doubt. There are too many teams in this league to end up being in love with every position. You have to make a sacrifice somewhere. And, like I said, I'm basing that on my opinion of what I think will happen this season. I could have been more detailed, but that would have taken forever. It took long enough as it was.

Godot. I was messing around with my lineup. I can't submit a lineup...there's no flex option available. So...

 

If you pick the standard 8 man lineup with a backup player, it won't accept it because you have to have nine starters. If you select nine starters with a backup, it won't accept because you have exceeded the number of RB's or WR's that you're allowed to start.

 

Maybe you already knew this and was going to fix it when the season was close to starting, but just in case, I wanted to bring it to your attention. :thumb:

Godot. I was messing around with my lineup. I can't submit a lineup...there's no flex option available. So...

 

If you pick the standard 8 man lineup with a backup player, it won't accept it because you have to have nine starters. If you select nine starters with a backup, it won't accept because you have exceeded the number of RB's or WR's that you're allowed to start.

 

Maybe you already knew this and was going to fix it when the season was close to starting, but just in case, I wanted to bring it to your attention. :thumb:

 

I thought he said that was something that was going to be addressed when the Nationals got done drafting?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.