Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Trinity Team This Decade

Best Trinity Team This Decade 36 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Trinity Team This Decade

    • 2001
      5%
    • 2002
      66%
    • 2003
      13%
    • 2005
      0%
      0
    • 2006
      0%
      0
    • 2007
      13%
    • 2008
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Thought this would be a good summer topic for the Rock fans. Which year are you going to go with? Decade bests are in bold.

 

All are State Champions.

 

2001

13-1

47.4 ppg

8.0 ppg allowed

5800 total offense *Note only 14 games.

 

2002

15-0

52.3 ppg

9.46 ppg allowed

6217 total offense

44-20 win over Elder, Ohio's D-I State Champions

4th in Final USAToday rankings

 

2003

11-4

34.6 ppg

13.6 ppg allowed

5690 total offense

 

2005

13-2

40.5 ppg

13.5 ppg allowed

6006 total offense

 

2006

14-1

42.2 ppg

14.1 ppg allowed

5901 total offense

 

2007

13-2

46.0 ppg

16.5 ppg allowed

6538 total offense

23rd in Final USAToday rankings

 

2008

14-1

44.6 ppg

10.1 ppg allowed

5832 total offense

13th in Final USAToday rankings

 

 

I'm stuck between 2002 and 2008.

Why do I have to pick at all ??????? :cry:

 

They were all so good and so endearing -- in their own special way.:D

I liked 2001; I thought that defense was absolutely spectacular. The team as a whole found itself clicking in an unbelievable way after the September loss to St. X. I can't explain it, but they seemed to play a lot better following that loss. It was the first occurrance of what's become an annual pattern: lose in September, then win the whole thing in December. Then again, I might be partial since that was my senior year. :D

I didn't realize that they had only 1 undefeated season in that time. I thought that they had multiple ones.

I didn't realize that they had only 1 undefeated season in that time. I thought that they had multiple ones.

 

Losses to X in 05/07/08.

.

 

My completely unbiased view in order is 2002, 2007, 2006.

I rank them according to the teams they beat or played

 

2002 Elder- simply dominated the Ohio state champions after the fumble at Ryle. Also won the game of the century against Male 59-56 in final

 

2007- Came back to defeat a pretty good St X team ( notice the lack of use of the word "best") in OT in the final. Also played #1 in nation Cincy St X to the fourth quarter at their place. Most TD passes thrown in a season.

 

2006- Beat a tremendously Division 1 talented Male team and Henry Clay enroute to state title

My favorite team was the 2005 team that started the trend of beating St. X deep in the playoffs after getting pounded in the September/October game. T won the championship versus the Xaverians 14-6. That team has to rank as one of Coach Beatty's best coaching jobs.

The 2008 team really improved during the course of the season. It was a beautiful thing to witness their relentless, inexorable development into a champion.

However, I would have to go with the 2002 squad when Brohm was a junior, I believe.

2002 was the best Trinity team and I didn't choose them because they were undefeated. They beat Elder pretty good and came away with a victory against Michael Bush and company. They were definitely a talented team, as were all these choices, but they were the most talented of them all IMO so they get my vote.

Edited by charlesw88
typo

Although I voted for 2007 as the best I have to agree with Jimmyref's analysis and order of 1, 2 and 3.

I am going to go with the majority here, 2002.

 

They did what no other KY team has ever done, beating the Ohio DI state champs badly and then going on to play in one of the best football games in history to win the state title.

I am going to go with the majority here, 2002.

 

They did what no other KY team has ever done, beating the Ohio DI state champs badly and then going on to play in one of the best football games in history to win the state title.

 

I really don't see how you could choose any other team.

 

1. They were the only undefeated team on the list.

2. They beat Elder by 24 points.

3. They had the best player of any of the teams (Brian Brohm).

4. Averaged almost 5 points more than the next best on the list.

5. Had the second best defense at 9.5 ppg allowed...not far from the best.

6. Best margin of victory, 42.8 ppg.

7. Second best in total offense.

8. Highest national ranking (USA Today).

9. And, they beat probably the best team to win a state title in Louisville Male, lead by Michael Bush.

 

Seriously, as an outsider, I understand that sometimes you don't want to pick the obvious, but in this case, how can any other pick be justified?

2002 was the best that I saw....from my experience with that team, it was one of the few times when very single person KNEW, not believed that they would win every game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.