Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meeks projected 44th pick after Draft Workout Camp

Featured Replies

Average athleticism?

 

Maybe athleticism is a measure of vertical jump? I would think Jodie Meeks would have a good, maybe not great, vertical jump. That is comparatively speaking.

 

As far as footspeed, I doubt if any recent Wildcat has the Point A to Point B speed of Jodie Meeks.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe his vertical was 37!

Gotta love Thabeats nearly 9'6" reach. The kid can almost dunk on his tippy toes, hell if his feet are big he may very well be able to.

BTW, what exactly are the tests for agility, sprint, and bench?

The assessment seems pretty on the money w/Jodie. I also think that this kid is an excellent athlete so I would argue the "average" athleticism and I would also argue that the kid has a tremendous work ethic and a huge heart. Both are intangibles you cannot teach and that can help at the next level!

 

Compared to the NBA, I think Jodie has just average athleticism. You don't see him doing the athletic moves of a Kobe, Lebron, McGrady, or the Josh Smiths very often at all. Vince Carter is one of the most athletic players I've ever seen in college and the NBA and Jodie is no where near as athletic as him. I'm not taking anything away from Jodie at all, I'm a HUGE Cats fan(note my screen name) and Jodie fan and I pray that he comes back but I agree with that assessment. He does have average athleticism for the NBA.

Compared to the NBA, I think Jodie has just average athleticism. You don't see him doing the athletic moves of a Kobe, Lebron, McGrady, or the Josh Smiths very often at all. Vince Carter is one of the most athletic players I've ever seen in college and the NBA and Jodie is no where near as athletic as him. I'm not taking anything away from Jodie at all, I'm a HUGE Cats fan(note my screen name) and Jodie fan and I pray that he comes back but I agree with that assessment. He does have average athleticism for the NBA.

 

 

Exactly. No matter what anyone say an NBA type athlete and what people consider athletic are 2 totally different things.

BTW, what exactly are the tests for agility, sprint, and bench?

 

Bench is 185.

Bench is 185.

 

Haha you knew that's the only stat I really cared about.:lol: I didn't know if they might use 225 like the NFL combine.

Bench is 185.

 

And Kevin Durant could not do that... wow. Do not get me wrong, he is one of the best in the league, or will be soon, but wow...

Bench is 185.

You are kidding me! WOW!

 

Looks like Tarzan, lifts like Jane.

According to the link in the first post, Meeks had 14 reps. Middle of the pack or slightly better.

According to the link in the first post, Meeks had 14 reps. Middle of the pack or slightly better.

 

Haha I can out bench all of them. HOWEVER that's just about all I've got. Unless we want to compare weight, then I'm in the lower end of the group bust still ahead of some of those "light weights". :jump:

 

I wonder where I rank on the draft boards.:clap:

You are kidding me! WOW!

 

Looks like Tarzan, lifts like Jane.

 

:lol:

Exactly. No matter what anyone say an NBA type athlete and what people consider athletic are 2 totally different things.

 

:thumb:

 

Meeks isn't exceptionally athletic by NBA standards.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.