Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic/Beechwood 9th region Final Predictions

Who wins the 9th Region Championship Game? 92 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 9th Region Championship Game?

    • Beechwood
      18%
      17
    • Covington Catholic
      81%
      75

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Why can't Larimore throw tonight? How many innings did he throw last night?

 

I'm sure he could go for some innings.

 

He threw 3 inn so he needs a days rest before he could pitch.

 

Correct. We were wondering if Bob would come back with Smith in the 7th after BW took the lead in order to allow Larrimore to pitch tonight.

 

We wondered the same thing in the CCH game after CCH went up 8 runs in the 2nd inning. Save Isler for tonight? Krumps declined.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will go beyond the game predictions and say there is a Beechwood player that win or lose this game may deserve at least a consideration as tourney MVP. It is rare that a player from the losing team (If BW loses) gets a nod as the tourney or game MVP. # 18 (a sophmore) pitched 6 solid innings against HHS Monday with a hit or two I think. He had 2 or 3 more hits last night, starting both rally's in the 5th and 7th while scoring both times. I may be in the minority here, but Beechwood is not playing tonight with out his play.

 

Right now I'd say it's Isler's to lose. Pitched yet another great game against NCC, plus has 4 hits and 4 RBI's in the tourney. Might be quite a year for him - POY (which he certainly deserves to win) and region MVP.

  • Author
Right now I'd say it's Isler's to lose. Pitched yet another great game against NCC, plus has 4 hits and 4 RBI's in the tourney. Might be quite a year for him - POY (which he certainly deserves to win) and region MVP.

 

I feel like regional MVP comes about 15% from the first game 20% from the second, and more like 65% from the final game.

The Snyder kid is a very good pitcher. He throws hard and does a good job with his location. But without him behind the plate the game could get out of control early. I've seen Hyde catch a couple of weeks ago, and although he did a good job (only a few passed balls) he's going to have to have the game of his life tonight. CCH will definitely steal second on him at will.

 

I say Snyder holds CCH to 9 runs while B'wood loses by 7.

CovCath in another run rule. Has any team had 3 run rules in the same Regional tournament?

I say Snyder holds CCH to 9 runs while B'wood loses by 7.

 

"Holds" to 9 runs?

So BW starting lineup will have 3 seniors, 1 junior, 4 sophmores and 1 freshman. I guess freshman Brilz will not start and may be used in relief if needed.

 

P- Senior Snyder

C- Frosh Hyde

1B- Senior Smith

2B Soph Colosimo

SS- Soph Larimore

3B- Soph Bertke

LF- Soph Youtzee(SP?)

CF- Senior Hyde

RF Junior Colosimo

Frosh Brilz plays 1 ST AND 3 RD depending on who is pitching. He may be first reliever tonight.

The 2 Hyde and 2 Colosimo players are brothers. The 2 soph Bertke are cousins.

A very tall order for such a young team to take on a very good Cov Cath team. But I do believe you will know they are there.:thumb:

 

I could see C.J. Berke staring left and have Brilz DH for Pat Hyde therefore having the same batting order the Tigers always have.

Beechwood is scary for the fact that they have nothing to lose. While Covington Catholic is a heavy favorite, baseball is a funny game. I expect the Colonels to win, but it should be a fun one. Beechwood's coach will pull out every trick he knows in order to beat their rival. I just don't see the Tigers overcoming all the talent Cov. Cath. posesses.

CovCath in another run rule. Has any team had 3 run rules in the same Regional tournament?

 

CCH did not run rule St. Henry. It was 10-2 in seven innings.

I like Beechwood! Why? Because of many many reasons.

 

I don't, It will just be that much more rewarding to the rest of us when CCH wins it all.:D

Snyder has thrown about a total of 15 innings this year. His last appearance was three weeks ago, versus Holmes. It was the second game of a triple-header.

 

Thanks for the information!

 

BTW for those who either left early, went to bed early, or just didn't know Mark and the J-man did the Beechwood vs Conner game last night you can listen to the rebroadcast of that game....-----> CLICK HERE

Thanks for the information!

 

BTW for those who either left early, went to bed early, or just didn't know Mark and the J-man did the Beechwood vs Conner game last night you can listen to the rebroadcast of that game....-----> CLICK HERE

 

I stayed for the entire game, but paid for it this morning! Not quite as young as I used to be.... Anyway, it looked like Conner was in control for the greater part of the game. Unfortunatly, IMO they left a pitcher in one maybe two batters to many. Now, I did see the pitch where Coach Arlinghaus thought the batter could have been rung up on strikes, But I was on the 3rd base side and did not have a good view, so unable to comment.

 

For tonights game. My only prediction is the Colonels will win but feel Beechwood will hit the ball some. I just dont think the Beechies have enough pitching left to stop CCH from scoring.

I don't, It will just be that much more rewarding to the rest of us when CCH wins it all.:D

 

You know what, I guess you're right. Let's go Hol, CovCath!!!!:popcorn:

I stayed for the entire game, but paid for it this morning! Not quite as young as I used to be.... Anyway, it looked like Conner was in control for the greater part of the game. Unfortunately, IMO they left a pitcher in one maybe two batters to many. Now, I did see the pitch where Coach Arlinghaus thought the batter could have been rung up on strikes, But I was on the 3rd base side and did not have a good view, so unable to comment.

 

For tonight's game. My only prediction is the Colonels will win but feel Beechwood will hit the ball some. I just dont think the Beechies have enough pitching left to stop CCH from scoring.

 

From my spot, it was hard to say strike or ball, it was that close!

 

Question!

 

The play at the plate that the Conner catcher tagged out the Beechwood runner, I didn't understand. I thought it should have been called obstruction and the runner ruled safe!

 

The catcher clearly didn't have the ball and from my spot, and it didn't look like to me at least, the catcher gave the runner a chance to slide into home plate. As I understand the rule, the catcher without the ball, must give the runner a place to slide into the plate/any base. Anybody?

What time is the game tonight?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.