Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic/Beechwood 9th region Final Predictions

Who wins the 9th Region Championship Game? 92 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 9th Region Championship Game?

    • Beechwood
      18%
      17
    • Covington Catholic
      81%
      75

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

No doubt about it, Cov Cath wins by run rule in 5 innings!!!

  • Replies 51
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will go beyond the game predictions and say there is a Beechwood player that win or lose this game may deserve at least a consideration as tourney MVP. It is rare that a player from the losing team (If BW loses) gets a nod as the tourney or game MVP. # 18 (a sophmore) pitched 6 solid innings against HHS Monday with a hit or two I think. He had 2 or 3 more hits last night, starting both rally's in the 5th and 7th while scoring both times. I may be in the minority here, but Beechwood is not playing tonight with out his play.

Congrats to both teams on making the finals - one expected, one totally unexpected with a pretty young team. A credit to Coach M and the BW team for sure. I would expect to see CC in double digits and BW with 2 or 3 runs 2nite. I'd be totally shocked if this game is close.

So Snyder is the man? When was the last time he pitched this season and who against as I was told he hasn't thrown this season, only caught!

 

Snyder has thrown about a total of 15 innings this year. His last appearance was three weeks ago, versus Holmes. It was the second game of a triple-header.

Also, freshman Pat Hyde will be catching for the Tigers. He has caught Snyder the last two times he pitched. But it's been a while, so you never know what Myerhoff will do.

Nathan Snyder is a kid we can all root for regardless of team loyalty.

Nathan Snyder is a kid we can all root for regardless of team loyalty.

 

:thumb: Lots of great kids on both teams.

I will go beyond the game predictions and say there is a Beechwood player that win or lose this game may deserve at least a consideration as tourney MVP. It is rare that a player from the losing team (If BW loses) gets a nod as the tourney or game MVP. # 18 (a sophmore) pitched 6 solid innings against HHS Monday with a hit or two I think. He had 2 or 3 more hits last night, starting both rally's in the 5th and 7th while scoring both times. I may be in the minority here, but Beechwood is not playing tonight with out his play.

 

I think #18 is Josh Bertke. He did a great job against HHS and they needed it since they managed only 3 hits. The 9 walks killed Highlands. I don't think Josh had a hit in that game, a couple of walks maybe, but I could be wrong. He did start the two rally's late for Beechwood last night and he is a fine ball player and young man. However, he will not get MVP unless he hits the game winner tonight, which I don't see this game being close. A great run for a young team though.

Also, freshman Pat Hyde will be catching for the Tigers. He has caught Snyder the last two times he pitched. But it's been a while, so you never know what Myerhoff will do.

 

So BW starting lineup will have 3 seniors, 1 junior, 4 sophmores and 1 freshman. I guess freshman Brilz will not start and may be used in relief if needed.

 

P- Senior Snyder

C- Frosh Hyde

1B- Senior Smith

2B Soph Colosimo

SS- Soph Larimore

3B- Soph Bertke

LF- Soph Youtzee(SP?)

CF- Senior Hyde

RF Junior Colosimo

Frosh Brilz plays 1 ST AND 3 RD depending on who is pitching. He may be first reliever tonight.

The 2 Hyde and 2 Colosimo players are brothers. The 2 soph Bertke are cousins.

A very tall order for such a young team to take on a very good Cov Cath team. But I do believe you will know they are there.:thumb:

CCH by a lot, but that is not meant as a dig at BW. I just don't think they have the hitting to stay with CCH and are asking a lot of a kid who hasn't really thrown much this season. But they are playing tonight and there's a lot of teams in NKY that would like to be in their shoes and on the field tonight with at least a chance of pulling off the upset. Best of luck.

Smith can not pitch, nor can Josh Bertke or Larimore.

 

If Snyder pitches who catches?

 

Why can't Larimore throw tonight? How many innings did he throw last night?

  • Author
Why can't Larimore throw tonight? How many innings did he throw last night?

 

I'm sure he could go for some innings.

He threw 3 inn so he needs a days rest before he could pitch.

So BW starting lineup will have 3 seniors, 1 junior, 4 sophmores and 1 freshman. I guess freshman Brilz will not start and may be used in relief if needed.

 

P- Senior Snyder

C- Frosh Hyde

1B- Senior Smith

2B Soph Colosimo

SS- Soph Larimore

3B- Soph Bertke

LF- Soph Youtzee(SP?)

CF- Senior Hyde

RF Junior Colosimo

Frosh Brilz plays 1 ST AND 3 RD depending on who is pitching. He may be first reliever tonight.

The 2 Hyde and 2 Colosimo players are brothers. The 2 soph Bertke are cousins.

A very tall order for such a young team to take on a very good Cov Cath team. But I do believe you will know they are there.:thumb:

 

He's a Freshman as well.

  • Author

I see this being a little closer than people are thinking. I said earlier CCH by 6 and I think that's about right. BW plays solid defense and as long as they don't commit errors I think it will stay within range. Unless CCH pulls off another inning like they did against New Cath yesterday with 2 outs. I believe it went 1B, 1B, 3B, 2B, 2B, BB, 1B.

 

 

Only thing is, if Snyder pitches, I see a lot of past balls and stolen bases for CCH. That could result in disaster.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.