Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nick Calathes to Greece

Featured Replies

:eek: Lots of disappointed fans here, I'm sure.

  • Author
:eek: Lots of disappointed fans here, I'm sure.

 

Yeah, I have an upset stomach now after this news.

Players going to Europe is starting to become a pretty big trend. Used to it was guys who were past their prime and couldn't cut it in the NBA, or guys who fell short of making an NBA roster. Now you have one of the top high school prospects (Brandon Jennings), an occasional starter and role guy from an NBA playoff team (Josh Childress), now one of the top college players and likely lottery-mid round guy in Calathes.

 

I'm not Nick so I would not know his reasoning, but I bet the opportunity to play with the Euro league champs may have had something to do with the move? If he goes there, gets to start, then plays good, then he may get a much better deal for his first NBA contract. As we all know now based on the sliding scale for rookies, that second deal is now the most important, and we are starting to see guys use unconventional methods in trying to maximize their options for that second deal.

Oh and BTW, see ya later Florida. Go from back to back champs to downward spiral and nobody's hit the ejection seat yet. Billy D's got a mess down there, and although he can coach a little bit, the tools just aren't in the shed down in Gainesville anymore. If he doesn't hit it big with the class of 10' then it may continue to get real ugly.

 

 

 

 

Not that I'm worried or anything. :D

From Zagsblog:

First off, sophomore point guard Nick Calathes will bypass his final two years of college eligibility to play professionally…in Greece.

 

The article goes on to say that his dad his behind the decision and his brother plays over there too. Just seems odd to me. Something must be up at UF.

 

It also says that the Gators may be getting involved in the Lance Stephenson sweepstakes now.

 

This all seems very odd to me...

 

LINK

Well....something seems fishy in Gaines(CANES)ville. Makes me glad we didn't get Billy D.

Well....something seems fishy in Gaines(CANES)ville. Makes me glad we didn't get Billy D.

 

It's amazing what a couple of years will do to a program...

Funny this happens to Billy D, as soon as he turned down the UK job, UK got WAAAY better and his team has gotten worse. I love it! I am glad we did not get Billy D.

:lol: Stinks for Florida. NIT again?

 

Maybe even GIT (Gainesville Invitational Tourney). :thumb: :D

I was looking forward to Wall schooling him, seriously.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.