Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nick Calathes to Greece

Featured Replies

Funny this happens to Billy D, as soon as he turned down the UK job, UK got WAAAY better and his team has gotten worse. I love it! I am glad we did not get Billy D.

 

The only way I would want Billy D is if we had to settle. To think he was the first choice over Calipari is insane.

I wanted Billy D as our Coach at UK two years ago and this year. Boy was I wrong,so happy we got Coach Cal as our Coach.As for Calathes,the best to him,he a good kid.

I wanted Billy D as our Coach at UK two years ago and this year. Boy was I wrong,so happy we got Coach Cal as our Coach.As for Calathes,the best to him,he a good kid.

 

I'm in the boat w/ you as far as wanting BD two years ago. But this year? Not so much.

Oh and BTW, see ya later Florida. Go from back to back champs to downward spiral and nobody's hit the ejection seat yet. Billy D's got a mess down there, and although he can coach a little bit, the tools just aren't in the shed down in Gainesville anymore. If he doesn't hit it big with the class of 10' then it may continue to get real ugly.

 

 

 

 

Not that I'm worried or anything. :D

Billy D just happened to catch lightening in a bottle with his super teams that won the national championships. Several of those guys deveoped unexpectenly into superstars after they arrived in Gatorland, namely Noah (a little like what David Robinson did while at Navy). Then they decided to stay an extra year instead of going to the NBA, which gave him his second title. Just one of those freaky, off-the-wall things that happens occasionally, IMO.

 

I don't think we'll hear much of Florida on the national scene again for a long time.

With the deals he got, I personally would have done it too.

The deal, sources said, will pay Calathes around $1.1 million per year, in addition to providing him with a home, car and tax credits, making for a total package commensurate to what the NBA rookie salary scale provides a late-lottery selection. Golden’s State forward Anthony Randolph, the final lottery pick of 2008 at No. 14, made $1.424 million as a rookie.

 

How could he possibly pass that up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.