Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Rumor......

Featured Replies

I know that all the recruiting saga's are over on UK's behalf, and basically the only thing to worry about now is Meeks and who is leaving. BUT, I've been hearing something quite a bit lately and it has been making a lot of sense. I have been hearing that it is a very good possibility that Kentucky will be Nikes Signature school next year, and if so will be huge. For those of you that don't know, Duke has been the Signature school for Nike for the past few years, and although not a huge deal, you still receive many more perks than any other Nike schools. An example would be when Duke got to wear the jerseys like team USA had a season or two ago. How awesome would that be if Kentucky took the honor from Duke? And furthermore, has anyone else heard anything on this, does it have legs? I have been hearing it from some people for the past couple of weeks.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Anything we can take from Duke would be good. :D

 

That excites me just as much as anything extra we could get. :D

Why does it matter?

 

It basically means Nike will work with the university to promote their newest gear. Definitely a good perk to have!

  • Author
Why does it matter?

 

 

It basically means Nike will work with the university to promote their newest gear. Definitely a good perk to have!

 

Kind of like spe just alluded to. Being the signature school means anything college basketball related to NIKE would more than likely feature the University of Kentucky. It would be even more exposure to what will already be a media frenzy more than likely for next year. IMO it matters quite a bit, being the poster team for an entire brand, pretty cool stuff.

 

 

Furthermore, there were only two teams that got to wear the NIKE uni's that IMO were pretty sweet in the Olympics. They were the US team itself and Duke. Being the sig school would give Kentucky uniqueness being that they would more than likely have shoes, jerseys, etc. that no other teams in the nation have or could have. Notice how most teams (by sponsor) wear pretty much the same shoes, just differing in color (based on team color). If Kentucky were to be the sig school, then they would have their own shoe and no one else would be able to wear that model.

 

 

So, I will say it again, pretty cool stuff if true.

Why does it matter?

 

Just win.

Coming soon....(according to WKYT) Martin Newton, Nike's Sports Marketing Manager, will be named UK's Director of Basketball Operations.

I know that all the recruiting saga's are over on UK's behalf, and basically the only thing to worry about now is Meeks and who is leaving. BUT, I've been hearing something quite a bit lately and it has been making a lot of sense. I have been hearing that it is a very good possibility that Kentucky will be Nikes Signature school next year, and if so will be huge. For those of you that don't know, Duke has been the Signature school for Nike for the past few years, and although not a huge deal, you still receive many more perks than any other Nike schools. An example would be when Duke got to wear the jerseys like team USA had a season or two ago. How awesome would that be if Kentucky took the honor from Duke? And furthermore, has anyone else heard anything on this, does it have legs? I have been hearing it from some people for the past couple of weeks.

 

So I'm confused, is it a huge deal if UK is the signature school but not a huge deal if Duke is the signature school?

  • Author
So I'm confused, is it a huge deal if UK is the signature school but not a huge deal if Duke is the signature school?

 

No.

 

Its a huge deal if Kentucky is the signature school, or whoever it shall be, its quite an honor IMO.

 

 

Although not that big of a deal, you get some cool stuff for being that signature school. Just trying to make it clear that getting a unique jersey would be pretty cool but not monumental, thus why I said although not that big of deal.

 

 

 

Go back and read it now and I swear it makes sense. Good thing you got that dola-translator 2.0 installed. :p

 

Sorry for being cryptic and confusing, I tend to do that a lot on here, normally because I am busy, and I type in a hurry without proof reading.

Coming soon....(according to WKYT) Martin Newton, Nike's Sports Marketing Manager, will be named UK's Director of Basketball Operations.

 

:thumb: Nice!

Don't really see this as a "huge" deal, but it can't be bad.

 

Bottom line, it doesn't matter if UK changes a thing on uniforms! The $$$ comes from apparel sales, which BTW is shooting through the roof right now. I have heard that UK was in the top so many schools, 10 I think it was, in apparel sales, but since Cal has been named coach and with his style, UK will soon be the #1 team in apparel sales.

No.

 

Its a huge deal if Kentucky is the signature school, or whoever it shall be, its quite an honor IMO.

 

 

Although not that big of a deal, you get some cool stuff for being that signature school. Just trying to make it clear that getting a unique jersey would be pretty cool but not monumental, thus why I said although not that big of deal.

 

 

 

Go back and read it now and I swear it makes sense. Good thing you got that dola-translator 2.0 installed. :p

 

Sorry for being cryptic and confusing, I tend to do that a lot on here, normally because I am busy, and I type in a hurry without proof reading.

You are still confusing me. Of course it has been a long day so...

  • Author
You are still confusing me. Of course it has been a long day so...

 

Unfortunately I was using the same word phrases from the original post to try and clear things up for Average Joes. Read the first and it may make a little more sense, although I doubt it. I am becoming the king of confussion with my hurried posts, but I get lucky every now and then and put one out that everyone gets. :lol:

Anything we can take from Duke would be good. :D

 

:lol::lol::lol::thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.