Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Rumor......

Featured Replies

Perhaps, as you mentioned, you should slow down and express yourself more clearly. You interpreted what I said the way you wanted when I never said anything against UK. I only interpreted what you said literally, I don't speak your code words. I understand that you were hurried, by what I don't know, but I spoke plainly and thought I read what you typed, evidently you didn't mean to type it. No offense intended, but I didn't start the doublespeak.

 

I think you know what Dolamite is saying. This switch (if it happens) is not vital to their recruiting nor their success on the court, it will just subtly make fans all over the country recognize the University of Kentucky as a relevant, popular, and recognizable logo/name through Nike's high-profile brand.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you know what Dolamite is saying. This switch (if it happens) is not vital to their recruiting nor their success on the court, it will just subtly make fans all over the country recognize the University of Kentucky as a relevant, popular, and recognizable logo/name through Nike's high-profile brand.

 

 

I doubt it. I had no idea Nike did such a thing, and I certainly didn't know Duke was their premier school. I'd be willing to bet that most people had no idea either. All people know is what college teams are winning consistently.

Whats up with the haters? Geez.

 

If true, its free advertising. Thats a good thing.

Whats up with the haters? Geez.

 

If true, its free advertising. Thats a good thing.

 

 

Who is hating? It kills me when people say people are hating just because people have different opinions on a subject.

Who is hating? It kills me when people say people are hating just because people have different opinions on a subject.

 

Just seems like a lot of negativity on a topic that really doesn't justify any.

How pathetic are we as UK fans that we get excited about Nike maybe switching away from Duke?

 

Some say pathetic, I say passionate. Plus I really love Nike.

Anything we can take from Duke would be good. :D

 

Like I always say, Hammer, "You can't have DUKE without UK!" :thumb:

I don't think it is a huge deal, but I also don't think it's something just plain irrelevant.

 

I think it just solidifies Kentucky and their "comeback." Kentucky has been an afterthought the past four seasons, and something of this magnitude is very nice. It just hypes up the program even more.

I think it does solidify UK as being back and it is a big deal to be the NIKE signature school. It can help in many ways, recruiting, fan base, etc.

 

I for one did know about NIKE having a signature school!

I think it does solidify UK as being back and it is a big deal to be the NIKE signature school. It can help in many ways, recruiting, fan base, etc.

 

I for one did know about NIKE having a signature school!

If you didn't know about it, and no doubt that many other fans don't, how big a deal can it really be?
If you didn't know about it, and no doubt that many other fans don't, how big a deal can it really be?

 

But he said he DID know about it. :idunno:

  • Author
Not trying to harp on it but I did read post 10 and here are 2 of your quotes from said post 10:

Its a huge deal if Kentucky is the signature school, or whoever it shall be, its quite an honor IMO.

 

That's your first one. Here's the 2nd:

 

Although not that big of a deal, you get some cool stuff for being that signature school.

 

So how did you clear anything up? I just want to know.....

 

 

 

I have no idea how you can't understand what I am trying to say. Being the school to represent Nike, pretty big deal. You get some free stuff out of it that no other nike schools get, pretty cool, but not as big as deal as just being the school itself.

 

 

 

 

 

And to your other comments I am sorry for getting in a hurry, I live a busy life and I still try to get my BGP's time in. The way you have handles the situation though makes me think your name should be Globo-Gym instead of Average Joes. :D

Misread it ... my point still applies. Not many people know about it, so how big a deal is it, really?

  • Author
Misread it ... my point still applies. Not many people know about it, so how big a deal is it, really?

 

Your the collegiate face of arguably the biggest brand in sports IMO thats a pretty big deal. If it happens and it is true then more and more fans will know about it and look at it as such IMO. Only reason most Kentucky fans probably don't even know that Nike has a sig school is because Duke has been that school and most Kentucky fans don't try and keep up with off the court Duke issues because it doesn't matter to them. However, the same reason you see Duke everywhere when it comes to college basketball is going to be the same reason you will start seeing KENTUCKY.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.