Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Rumor......

Featured Replies

How pathetic are we as UK fans that we get excited about Nike maybe switching away from Duke?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How pathetic are we as UK fans that we get excited about Nike maybe switching away from Duke?

 

Though an enticing addition, I don't think that was the main point.

Though an enticing addition, I don't think that was the main point.

:thumb:

Though an enticing addition, I don't think that was the main point.

 

:thumb:

 

I'm still trying to figure out if it is or isn't a huge deal.........Isn't Oregon Nike's signature school in football? If so they've only been good, nothing special over the years. I think the players inside the uniforms are much more important than the brand name anyway.

I'm still trying to figure out if it is or isn't a huge deal.........Isn't Oregon Nike's signature school in football? If so they've only been good, nothing special over the years. I think the players inside the uniforms are much more important than the brand name anyway.

 

This is about creating a brand folks. Calipari has been talking about this since he first signed the contract, and this would be a big step towards that. Imagine opening a catalog like Eastbay, or going to ESPN's online store or something like that and having all of the new featured gear with Kentucky on it. Right now, to find Kentucky apparel from these places you have to search for it, or sift through all the other Nike schools while Duke and UNC are on the front page.

 

What getting this deal accomplishes is simple name recognition. We need to get our name back out there to younger generations, because let's be honest 1998 was a long time ago. If all of the newest and nicest Nike gear comes out and it has Kentucky on the front instead of Duke, you are putting your brand out there for all to see instead of theirs or anybody else.

 

This is a GREAT thing for the University of Kentucky and it's basketball program.

This is about creating a brand folks. Calipari has been talking about this since he first signed the contract, and this would be a big step towards that. Imagine opening a catalog like Eastbay, or going to ESPN's online store or something like that and having all of the new featured gear with Kentucky on it. Right now, to find Kentucky apparel from these places you have to search for it, or sift through all the other Nike schools while Duke and UNC are on the front page.

 

What getting this deal accomplishes is simple name recognition. We need to get our name back out there to younger generations, because let's be honest 1998 was a long time ago. If all of the newest and nicest Nike gear comes out and it has Kentucky on the front instead of Duke, you are putting your brand out there for all to see instead of theirs or anybody else.

 

This is a GREAT thing for the University of Kentucky and it's basketball program.

 

 

Its a minor thing. UK won the 96 title in Converse and the 98 Title in Nikes. It didn't matter to the recruits then and it doesn't matter now. Sure it is neat to be the featured school but its more for the fans, not for the recruits. Otherwise USC and Oregon would be in different places in football.

Its a minor thing. UK won the 96 title in Converse and the 98 Title in Nikes. It didn't matter to the recruits then and it doesn't matter now. Sure it is neat to be the featured school but its more for the fans, not for the recruits. Otherwise USC and Oregon would be in different places in football.

 

I'm not saying it is going to affect recruiting, because it probably won't. What it will do is help make UK a nationally recognized name again.

  • Author
Its a minor thing. UK won the 96 title in Converse and the 98 Title in Nikes. It didn't matter to the recruits then and it doesn't matter now. Sure it is neat to be the featured school but its more for the fans, not for the recruits. Otherwise USC and Oregon would be in different places in football.

 

Are you against this or something?

 

I don't think anybody has tried to say that they didn't want great players in these uniforms or guys who want to wear them just because Kentucky is on the front. Instead it is just a thread celebrating another side of Kentucky basketball. Kind of like all the threads about the new uni's last year. It has nothing to do with basketball or anything like that, instead its just a cool thing that Kentucky may not be the Nike Signature school. That's all anybody has tried to say, why hate on it and act like it is such a big deal people are excited about this?

Are you against this or something?

 

I don't think anybody has tried to say that they didn't want great players in these uniforms or guys who want to wear them just because Kentucky is on the front. Instead it is just a thread celebrating another side of Kentucky basketball. Kind of like all the threads about the new uni's last year. It has nothing to do with basketball or anything like that, instead its just a cool thing that Kentucky may not be the Nike Signature school. That's all anybody has tried to say, why hate on it and act like it is such a big deal people are excited about this?

 

I'm as big a UK fan as there is on here, but I'm a realistic UK fan. This is not a huge deal. Despite your doublespeak you put it out there as such. It can't be a huge deal for UK but not a big deal if Duke is the featured team. Sorry, its the same for both. Yeah, it is cool. However, if UK gets one more recruit because of this it will be a huge suprise. As I see it, we might finally get away from those horrible shorts we had to wear last season. This is not huge, this is not big, this is simply neat. If being Nike's signature school was that big a deal then The Ducks would be stacking up BCS trophies. Sorry to rain on your parade but I'm much more excited about our recruits. :thumb:

  • Author
I'm as big a UK fan as there is on here, but I'm a realistic UK fan. This is not a huge deal. Despite your doublespeak you put it out there as such. It can't be a huge deal for UK but not a big deal if Duke is the featured team. Sorry, its the same for both. Yeah, it is cool. However, if UK gets one more recruit because of this it will be a huge suprise. As I see it, we might finally get away from those horrible shorts we had to wear last season. This is not huge, this is not big, this is simply neat. If being Nike's signature school was that big a deal then The Ducks would be stacking up BCS trophies. Sorry to rain on your parade but I'm much more excited about our recruits. :thumb:

 

Who is saying it isn't a big deal if Duke was and who is saying that it even has anything to do with recruiting?

 

 

I have already said it is an accomplishment for whichever team gets the honor. Furthermore, it was simply a thread opened to let fans know Kentucky may now be that school, that's it. You are the one who brought in all the talk to how it affects recruiting, and you don't care about it, you care about the players under the jersey. Like I said, it wasn't even supposed to be about that, instead just a thread saying Kentucky may be Nikes Signature school next year and that is awesome, and that's all.

I know that all the recruiting saga's are over on UK's behalf, and basically the only thing to worry about now is Meeks and who is leaving. BUT, I've been hearing something quite a bit lately and it has been making a lot of sense. I have been hearing that it is a very good possibility that Kentucky will be Nikes Signature school next year, and if so will be huge. For those of you that don't know, Duke has been the Signature school for Nike for the past few years, and although not a huge deal, you still receive many more perks than any other Nike schools. An example would be when Duke got to wear the jerseys like team USA had a season or two ago. How awesome would that be if Kentucky took the honor from Duke? And furthermore, has anyone else heard anything on this, does it have legs? I have been hearing it from some people for the past couple of weeks.

 

Who is saying it isn't a big deal if Duke was and who is saying that it even has anything to do with recruiting?

 

 

I have already said it is an accomplishment for whichever team gets the honor. Furthermore, it was simply a thread opened to let fans know Kentucky may now be that school, that's it. You are the one who brought in all the talk to how it affects recruiting, and you don't care about it, you care about the players under the jersey. Like I said, it wasn't even supposed to be about that, instead just a thread saying Kentucky may be Nikes Signature school next year and that is awesome, and that's all.

 

These are your own quotes and I'll let the bolded parts answer for me. You did it yourself. :thumb:

I'm not saying it is going to affect recruiting, because it probably won't. What it will do is help make UK a nationally recognized name again.

 

Didn't someone already say that UK was in the Top 10 Nationally in apparel sales? I'd think, that given our population rank, that UK would already be a nationally recognized name. :thumb:

  • Author
These are your own quotes and I'll let the bolded parts answer for me. You did it yourself. :thumb:

 

Didn't you read post 10. I thought I cleared it up with that post. If not go back and read it. I'm sorry I got in a hurry and the part that has anything to Duke just states they were formally the school. Then I go on to talk about the perks of being that school such as special jerseys and that being not as big as deal as simply just being the signature school, which is the big deal. Its confusing, but they way I intended it to sound is not the way you have inturpretted it.

Didn't you read post 10. I thought I cleared it up with that post. If not go back and read it. I'm sorry I got in a hurry and the part that has anything to Duke just states they were formally the school. Then I go on to talk about the perks of being that school such as special jerseys and that being not as big as deal as simply just being the signature school, which is the big deal. Its confusing, but they way I intended it to sound is not the way you have inturpretted it.

 

Perhaps, as you mentioned, you should slow down and express yourself more clearly. You interpreted what I said the way you wanted when I never said anything against UK. I only interpreted what you said literally, I don't speak your code words. I understand that you were hurried, by what I don't know, but I spoke plainly and thought I read what you typed, evidently you didn't mean to type it. No offense intended, but I didn't start the doublespeak.

Didn't you read post 10. I thought I cleared it up with that post. If not go back and read it. I'm sorry I got in a hurry and the part that has anything to Duke just states they were formally the school. Then I go on to talk about the perks of being that school such as special jerseys and that being not as big as deal as simply just being the signature school, which is the big deal. Its confusing, but they way I intended it to sound is not the way you have inturpretted it.

 

Not trying to harp on it but I did read post 10 and here are 2 of your quotes from said post 10:

Its a huge deal if Kentucky is the signature school, or whoever it shall be, its quite an honor IMO.

 

That's your first one. Here's the 2nd:

 

Although not that big of a deal, you get some cool stuff for being that signature school.

 

So how did you clear anything up? I just want to know.....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.