Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Ricky P does indeed step down...who's next?

Featured Replies

Name me top college coaches who are always being rumored to go somewhere else?

 

The yahoo article means nothing to you? Where there's smoke...

 

Mark Few, Coach Cal, Jay Wright, Tom Crean (until last year), Rick Barnes, Jaime Dixon, Sean Miller, Billy D.... just to name a few off the top of my head that there have been serious talk about.

 

I can't think of one good coach that hasn't been in a serious discussion to leave their program. Including Coach K, Roy Williams and Tom Izzo.

 

The yahoo article does mean something. But it is a direct contradiction of UofL's SID saying Pitino is going NOWHERE. Not that he hasn't talked to them, but that he is going nowhere. There's a big difference.

 

All that being said, no one ever knows what is going through Pitino's mind. He is his own PR machine. I just made the comment, that in my opinion I think it's rumor and he stays. That's just my take, obviously I could be wrong.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark Few, Coach Cal, Jay Wright, Tom Crean (until last year), Rick Barnes, Jaime Dixon, Sean Miller, Billy D.... just to name a few off the top of my head that there have been serious talk about.

 

I can't think of one good coach that hasn't been in a serious discussion to leave their program. Including Coach K, Roy Williams and Tom Izzo.

 

The yahoo article does mean something. But it is a direct contradiction of UofL's SID saying Pitino is going NOWHERE. Not that he hasn't talked to them, but that he is going nowhere. There's a big difference.

 

All that being said, no one ever knows what is going through Pitino's mind. He is his own PR machine. I just made the comment, that in my opinion I think it's rumor and he stays. That's just my take, obviously I could be wrong.

 

Of the names you've mentioned at the beginning, many of them have changed jobs recently. Thus, that is why their names are in the mix. Coach K, Roy and Izzo had only had their names thrown around a couple of times, not every year. Pitino has proven to be very fickle in the past and nobody ever knows what the dude is thinking. Maybe he is just scared of Caplipari :lol:

 

FWIW, I don't think he is headed to the NBA right now either, but I would be surprised if he ended his coaching career at Louisville.

Of the names you've mentioned at the beginning, many of them have changed jobs recently. Thus, that is why their names are in the mix. Coach K, Roy and Izzo had only had their names thrown around a couple of times, not every year. Pitino has proven to be very fickle in the past and nobody ever knows what the dude is thinking. Maybe he is just scared of Caplipari :lol:

 

FWIW, I don't think he is headed to the NBA right now either, but I would be surprised if he ended his coaching career at Louisville.

 

They changed jobs because they were a hot commodity and being discussed for more lucrative jobs and ended up getting them. It's sports in general, the coaches that are percieved as "top notch" are always coveted by others.

 

I agree with you to a certain extent. I don't think he is afraid of Cal, he has owned him throughout his career. However, I do think he is jealous of Cal, and this might be a way to get some $$$. We all know Pitino has a massive ego, and you know he doesn't like a Cal making more money than him, and at his old stomping ground.

 

However, I do think he is jealous of Cal, and this might be a way to get some $$$. We all know Pitino has a massive ego, and you know he doesn't like a Cal making more money than him, and at his old stomping ground.

Bingo.

Travis Ford would be my choice for UL.

Rick's not going anywhere!

Seriously...I wonder how U of L fans would feel about Tubby Smith as their coach.

 

Any takers on that hypothetical?

 

Tubby Smith is a fine coach, and I wouldn't mind if he were to coach at UL.

Maybe he is just scared of Caplipari :lol:

 

Since Cal has had so much success against Pitino...

Tubby Smith is a fine coach, and I wouldn't mind if he were to coach at UL.

 

First choice?

First choice?

 

Nope.

Billy Donovan takes over, then Richard Pitino takes over the Florida job! :lol:

Since Cal has had so much success against Pitino...

 

Since I was being serious...

Seriously...I wonder how U of L fans would feel about Tubby Smith as their coach.

 

Any takers on that hypothetical?

 

 

I actually thought about that last night after reading the Yahoo article that was posted about Pitino going to the Kings. I played out a hypothetical where Tubby came to UL, and was wildly successful. I fell asleep laughing for so many reasons. :D

 

In all seriousness, I trust Tom Jurich, if the time ever comes, to bring in a coach who will be the "right" coach. If that would be Tubby Smith, I'd be 100% supportive. There's a lot to like about Tubby.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.